Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's south Fla, cut the state off at the everglades and send it to cuba
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I'd say run with a more liberal interpretation. Cut it off right around northern Virginia or so. All the way over to the Mississippi. Include Texas as well.

Comment

• If you watch closely, the woman that got T-boned was ejected from her car, probably died before she hit the pavement.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
          I'd say run with a more liberal interpretation. Cut it off right around northern Virginia or so. All the way over to the Mississippi. Include Texas as well.
          Didn't we already try that once?

Comment

• Yep .. we had our chance, but made them stay ...
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Perhaps creating history's first known use of the phrase ``be careful what you wish for...''

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                I'd say run with a more liberal interpretation. Cut it off right around northern Virginia or so. All the way over to the Mississippi. Include Texas as well.

We will add that outlandish nonsense to your already long list of crazy shit. In the winter months, south Florida represents the greatest concentration of wealth in the world, civilization would come crashing down if you were to remove the best, brightest most productive elements of our society.

What would you have left?

A bunch of 47%ers lying around waiting for their check to arrive from those that actually pay taxes, a shitload of journalists would no doubt be included in that number. Don't make Mitt be forced to break his boot off in your ass Hack. It's a good thing he has a home in all 50 states, that's patriotism I tell you.
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• In the winter months South Florida represents the greatest concentration of wimps and pussies in the world. Cast your lot with that bunch, OP. Go on and soil yourself alongside everyone else scared of baby gators. The rest of us will be up here skiing, climbing, icefishing, snowmobiling (for those that can't deploy their own motors) and otherwise engaging in the manly arts.
                  Last edited by hack; September 30, 2013, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• If I can answer ``I know you are but what am I?'' or some sort of derivative -- in other words, if your game is so generic and general that it could apply to anyone -- then I ain't gonna bother. Do better, sailor.

Comment

• ...... and we will have chopped that f'ing wood ourselves.

South Florida.

I have a good friend who is now in his mid 70s, great American, flew RF4s in Vietnam then became an FAA Check Pilot. He did that until he was probably 70 and then said, if I can't do it perfectly, I'm not going to judge someone just learning.

He loved Miami even though he grew up on a farm in northern Minn. (imagine that!). He married a nice gale 30 years his junior maybe 20 years ago. They had a place in the Keys, a condo in Miami Beach and a house in one of Miami's burbs. Several years ago he commented, "I knew it was time to leave when the Home Depot Isle markers had the big letters in Spanish on top and the little letters in English underneath that. This signage was mandated by public law so, it wasn't just Home Depot. He sold his condo and his house and moved north to Stewart. Still has his place in the Keys and hates driving through Miami to get there. OP, you met him when you drove Ann and I up from Miami.

Law enforcement, he always said, is generally good throughout Dade Co. but gang operations are rampant. Its an us against them sort of deal. He equates the current situation much like Chicago in the days of Capone. It's a lot like some of the major cities in Columbia, Ecuador Peru and the rest of that part of the world. Drugs are cash. When he went into Miami, he was armed. Ask OP why he has a carry permit and legally packs a concealed weapon. Ask him why he has heavy duty weaponry on his boat and he and his crew, his little brother, know how to use it (no, Hack, he's not running drugs). Ask him why he takes courses in tactical combat and shooting small arms?

I rather like the idea of cutting off Florida maybe just south of a line from Tampa, NE to 20 miles or so south of Daytona Beach and floating it off to Cuba or maybe attaching it to the northern tip of S. America. Columbia sounds good. On second thought, that would majorly screw up places down there like Barbados, Curacao and Aruba.
                      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; September 30, 2013, 03:58 PM.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Again, I think it's just a question of where to draw that line. And I don't mean about talking politics, though I do. I mean that I'm willing to entertain drawing that line in a way that might preserve bits of upper Appalachia, such as the Blue Ridge Parkway and environs. But anything south of there is Floridian, and must go.

Comment

• As long as the Middle East is blown off the map first.
                          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Sounds like a wonderful place to live...
                            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Jacked in Broward County is trashtalking me? LOL. I was a police reporter there. I know the place. And frankly I've had lovely strolls through places that eat the worst of Broward County for a bedtime snack. Maybe you were wearing your white pants and a pastel v-neck. I could see how, vis-a-vis me, a person like you might get a little spooked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime
                                ......Quite frankly I keep south Florida and it's vibrant and productive Latin community and cut most black inner-city ghettos in America loose IMHO, talk about a sea of hopelessness.
                                I think you have a point here. We have friends in Atlanta who are Cuban. The first generation came to the US and settled in Miami soon after Batista hit the road and Castro came on the scene. What a vibrant country Cuba must have been before Castro and his cronies.

The second generation was born here and expanded Dad's business (building materials). The third are the children of the second, around their teenage years, and are some of the best students, hard working and honest kids I know.

It seems that it is all in how much attention Mom and Dad pay to disciplining their kids and setting standards. Notably, the first and second generations also all assimilated seamlessly into American life and culture not attempting to publicly advance racial agendas. Nevertheless they still cherished and honored their culture and family ties to Latin America privately. All of them are humble, big on family and glad to be in America. They recognize that here you can have the ring, without pulling any political strings to get to it, all you have to do is take it, then run with it.

I agree with you. We should praise these immigrants and their families
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X