X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me too.

Comment

• great story out of michigan..
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Have seen similar stories before but I really like the QB interview and how he was obviously emotionally impacted and how it has changed his perception of people and how they should be treated. The story could have been better if the father was wearing M apparel. Great story though and thanks for posting.

Comment

• Boating news...

Leaders and the best
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Very good. Excellent tribute to a fine man.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Oh. I thought this was going to be about Bill Martin. Who, btw, may have made a truly great hire for basketball...

Comment

• Wow, Atlanta getting doubly dicked over. First the Falcons demand and get a ridiculously expensive new stadium (leaving a stadium barely 20 years old). Now the Braves leaving town for Cobb County. Taxpayers in Cobb County will be on the hook for almost 3/4 of the cost, and I'm guessing like most stadium projects, it'll end up going over its projected $670 million cost

Cobb County commissioners also appear to know that if they'd put this upto a vote, it would've gone down in flaming defeat. So they will simply be raising taxes (no vote) to pay for it. Enjoy, Cobb County!

The Atlanta Braves are leaving Turner Field and moving into a new 42,000-seat, $672 million stadium complex in Cobb County in 2017.

Funny thing, this: A new Braves stadium in Cobb County was announced as basically a done deal, without mentioning how much public money would go toward it, or asking taxpayers for their approval. The answer to the former is apparently "a lot." As for the latter: those taxpayers won't get a say.

Comment

• It's called the "Affordable Stadium Act"...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Ha!
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Atlanta isn't getting dicked over. Should be a nice stadium with a better game day atmosphere. The area is only 10 minutes from downtown and well within the Metro area.
                      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Cobb County is where the area is migrating to now. Although it's only the 4th most populous County in the area it's growing the fastest. I think it is approaching 800,000 people already.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Atlanta (the city) is losing its team. Cobb County is going to shelling out 70% of the cost of the new stadium, the cost of which exceeds its entire annual budget. The people of Cobb County, who tend to be conservative Republicans, are not going to be allowed to vote on the matter. Instead, the County is just going to raise their taxes.

It's a great deal for the Braves. I don't think it's a great deal for either Atlanta or Cobb County. Not a coincidence that the commissioners waited till just after Election Day to let this leak.

The area where the new stadium will be built is already one of the busiest interstate interchanges in the country: where I-285 and I-75 meet. It's 10 minutes from downtown maybe at 3:30 AM. During rush hour, it will not be 10 minutes, and for people coming from the NE side of town, it will be hell.

Also keeping in mind that Turner Field is 17 years old. We have now reached the point where pro franchises can declare their stadiums obsolete after just 15 years, hold a gun to the city's head, and demand a brand new ballpark, paid primarily through taxpayer money. And people are foolish enough to keep caving in.

Comment

• Turner Field will be great for soccer??

Comment

• Cities will have to start saying no..
                              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                                Turner Field will be great for soccer??
                                Mayor already announced they are tearing it down in 2017.

Comment

Working...
                                X