No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I definitely do not think Comey should have been fired as I have already stated.

1. Some of the leaks are of stuff after the election. The Flynn stuff was pretty much all after the election. I'm not sure why you think leaks during the summer are appealing. Of course they didn't want to affect the election.

2. You have asked the raw intelligence question and I havery no idea what your asking and no idea if you are correct. I have no background in that stuff.

Please point out where I commented on DeVos at Bethune-Cookman or apologize.

Comment

• Yeah, I think the students' beef is with their administration. I'm all for letting shit disturbers do their thing, but this is their fucking graudation ceremony for chrissakes.

Comment

• Why did Obama decide in late December of 2016 that it was important for 16 other intel agencies to have access to raw NSA intelligence, changing long-standing procedure with an EO?
        I don't know, maybe because he feared the POTUS-Elect would fire anybody looking into Russia and scrap the investigation before they could figure out what the hell was going on?

Comment

• Its all irrelevant, outside of posturing for 2018. More Repubs in Congress than Ds.

end/story

Comment

• The most troubling thing, I believe, about the Comey affair is that the action is destabilizing to governance.

The administration's responses to the firing through various spokes-people reflects Trump's narcissism or "do you now who your'e talking to - I am the President" sort of shit. Very Nixonian.

At a time when the relationship between China, Japan and the US remains key in controlling North Korea, this kind of distraction is unhelpful. It will occupy the administration and the President for several news cycles, maybe longer.

The relationship between the US, Russia and events in the ME are also at a critical stage. Distractions are, again, unhelpful. In this regard, it's my view that the Trump administration, DJT in particular, is being played by Putin and his cronies in the KGB.

One can go back to the Russian pre-election hacking, which certainly and without question happened and the election hacking and the Russain connection to it and to the Trump campaign, yet to be proven, and this is quintessental Russian interference for the purpose of creating instability where it favors Russian interests.

I see a year or two of constant pressure on Trump that ultimately leads to his impeachment as a result of his connection to the Russians as well as his unapologetic marketing of his business interests from the Presidency. His egocentricism and narcissism is going to bring him down, just like it brought Nixon down and a handful of his administration's foreign and domestic undertakings. It's a shame we're going to have go through that and then spend another 5 years or more recovering from it.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
              It was fucking stupid of the school to have her speak, it's a day of celebration for all the graduates and it put all the focus on that ridiculous woman. They either did it to get the inevitable attention that came out of it or there was some sort of closed door deal to try and help her image.
              Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
              Yes, correct. There's no way, during the planning of commencement that that idea came up and someone was like, "YES, great idea! Let's book her!" Very stupid to have her speak at any college, much less a traditionally black school. I think she was have gotten a similar response at any university.
              Originally posted by hack View Post
              Yeah, I think the students' beef is with their administration. I'm all for letting shit disturbers do their thing, but this is their fucking graudation ceremony for chrissakes.
              Absolutely the beef is with the administration.

I would like to see the process that went into that decision. It must have been like a Matt Millen draft.

And yes, there should be a crowd of people following this vile woman around to boo and heckle her constantly.
              Last edited by CGVT; May 10, 2017, 04:35 PM.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                I wouldn't say that. I would say their behavior shows they are uneducated and entitled.
                Ha! They are as educated (Ol' Betsy is a bastion of academia with her BA from Calvin College) and certainly less entitled than the person who's only qualification was to be born into a rich family and marry into an even richer one.

The woman is a disgrace.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                  Cmon Strange, you are better than that. I've made it clear that it was the Hillary "investigation" that had no grand jury (both her Espionage Act and bribery criminal conduct). Try to keep up. Of course, Flynn's investigation has a GJ, because it is an actual investigation.

It you remove the existence of a GJ for Hillary, so much of what I felt were "half-measures" make sense. For example, why not give immunity to that guy Brian Pagliano who set up Hillary's home server after he took the fifth. Answer, there was no GJ to do so, specifically, or generally, there was no possibility of prosecution without a grand jury.

Now, focus.....1) Did you know before I posted it last evening that there had been no grand jury, in the Hillary inquiry?
                  2. Do you believe Comey should have been fired?

The fix was in.
                  Geezer- I have no obligation to address your questions when you consistently evade mine.

But here's answers anyways:

1) I am aware there was no Hillary Grand Jury. BTW, she's not the fucking President and is far less relevant than anything Trump is doing.

2) There is justification o fire Comey for how he handled the Clinton affair. I think Trump and his people are lying when they say that's why Trump fired him. I think Trump was far more unhappy because 1) Comey wouldn't assure Trump that he was 'loyal'. 2) Trump wanted Comey to prioritize leakers over the Russia investigation. Comey focused on what's obviously to all but the most partisan as the bigger deal.

As for my 'disappearance': I have a job, O great educator of children.

Comment

• So Geezer, answer my question: Why do you choose to trust Donald Trump over Justin Amash, who wants an independent commission?

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                      Absolutely the beef is with the administration.

I would like to see the process that went into that decision. It must have been like a Matt Millen draft.

And yes, there should be a crowd of people following this vile woman around to boo and heckle her constantly.
                      So they were debating whether to ask Obama or Dave Berry when someone in the back of the room shouted "let's invite Betsy devos"?
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I don't know, maybe because he feared the POTUS-Elect would fire anybody looking into Russia and scrap the investigation before they could figure out what the hell was going on?
                        An honest answer. That is what they implied, to broadcast raw intel widely so Trump couldn't bury it. That is why I always couple that question with the other. Why wouldn't the Dems then release (or leak) the information about the Trump-Russia probe before the election?

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                          So they were debating whether to ask Obama or Dave Berry when someone in the back of the room shouted "let's invite Betsy devos"?
                          Ha! Exactly

Comment

• And yes, there should be a crowd of people following this vile woman around to boo and heckle her constantly.
                            Well, as someone who knows Betsy DeVos quite well personally, I'd appreciate knowing what makes her so vile as to deserve this treatment. Is it her support for transgendered bathrooms (which almost cost her her job after she was confirmed)? You really should be more tolerant of LBGT issues.

Comment

• I guess you haven't been following along since she was up for the appointment. Go back a read the thread.

Comment

• It takes an awful lot of willful ignorance to buy that rationale they peddled yesterday. Every major news organization has roughly the same story from sources inside the White House. Politico, NYT, the Post, CNN and WSJ all have pretty similar stories. The vast majority of evidence points to him being steamed over the Russia investigation. Step out of the cocoon.

Show some news resource that said the email investigation was the reason. Trump's letter is the tell, he only alludes to the Russia investigation.

Comment

Working...
                                X