No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He had to protect himself against the government.

Comment

• Whoa...Spanish police and special forces have been mobilized to arrest the Governor of Catalonia today should he declare independence

Comment

• Chump says "I be bigly smarter than Tillerson."

President Donald Trump, scorned by reports that Rex Tillerson called him a “moron” earlier this year, told Forbes in an interview released Tuesday that he has a higher IQ than his secretary of state.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• which branch cgvt

for any who missed it SNL does get things right fairly often

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RRCbVBCRBE"]Jason Aldean Cold Open - SNL - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Coast Guard
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Is the Republican Party about to break apart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• thank you for your service

they ever use CG for deployments? Iraq or iran or any of that stuff you guys ever get called up like national guard does to go overseas?

Comment

• "Last year, members of the Coast Guard deployed to Iraq to protect the maritime oil infrastructure, but also to train the Iraqi naval service. ... Members of the U.S. Coast Guard Patrol Forces Southwest Asia deploy for a year at a time to the Middle East. In wartime, the Coast Guard can also be called to augment the Navy. Feb 5, 2014"

-google
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• That google guy is a know-it-all. Fuck him.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                        thank you for your service

they ever use CG for deployments? Iraq or iran or any of that stuff you guys ever get called up like national guard does to go overseas?
                        We were not reserves like the NG, although there are CG reserve members that drill on weekends and two weeks a year the same as the NG. CG is an active duty military branch but under the Department of Homeland Security rather than DOD. Same pay scale, benefits and rank structure (mirrors the Navy)

There were numerous Coast Guard members and Cutters deployed to the Gulf. I spent most of my time running search and rescue boats and doing maritime law enforcement with a tour in Alaska and one in Puerto Rico. I spent some time in Haiti, too. As I moved up the rating chain I ended up being Officer in Charge of three Small Boat Stations and one 87' Patrol Boat. I finished my career as a Command Master Chief in Mobile Al.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Trump's popularity in Rural America, which turned out in near-record numbers for him in November, is slipping. For a variety of reasons (Staff turnover, too much travel, no Wall, healthcare, corruption, etc). He gets strong marks for economy and fighting ISIS.

Back in January/February his approval in Rural America was at 55/39%. Right now it's 47/47%. Per Reuters.

Comment

• STFU
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Other polls (a dozen), conducted since 9/21, have shown Trump anywhere from 42/53% (his best) to 33/61% (his worst).

Average is -17

Comment

• The rural america thing strikes me as somewhat meaningless. The real barometer is DJT vs Prog Candidate. I'm not sure that's changed much.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X