Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
    Well, I probably misinterpreted your use of the adjective "outright" as a modifier of gun ban. I took it to mean a complete gun ban. My mistake.

You are correct it is a gun ban and in this case it is "prohibiting the possession of Assault Weapons ".......A 40 (a)1. "Assault weapon" means any selective-fire firearm 41 capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic or burst fire at the 42 option of the user or any of the following specified 43 semiautomatic firearms: ..... and the bill goes on to define all of the weapons intended to be covered under this legislation. You can read the paragraph in the text of the bill listing the weapons here:

My position on restricting ownership of assault firearms remains unchanged. By that term I mean the federal definition of assault firearms. I'd welcome your defense of your right to possess an assault firearm.
    I read it. including this section

Any semiautomatic firearm not listed in subparagraphs 1.-4. that meets the following criteria: a. A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following: (I) A folding or telescoping stock; (II) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon or any feature functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand or a thumbhole stock; (III) A bayonet mount; (IV) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; (V) A grenade launcher; (VI) A shroud attached to the barrel, or that partially or completely encircles the barrel allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being burned, but excluding a slide that encloses the barrel; or b. A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following: (I) The capacity to accept an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol at any location outside of the pistol

Comment

• when you have folks like this writing your gun laws

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJmFEv6BHM0"]Anti-Gun Senator Kevin De Leon Makes a Fool of Himself - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• It would sure be nice if the gun nuts took the shit seriously and tried to propose some reasonable things. But they refuse, so you end up with over reaction and poorly drafted legislation.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• For a start it is time to treat ALL semi-auto weapons as Tttle II weapons, only increase the cost of registration. Confiscate all that are not registered. Impose serious criminal penalties on possession of a non-registered title II weapon. Limit magazine capacity and make manufacture or possession of any accessory that increases magazine capacity or shooting capacity a criminal offense. In addition ban the manufacturing and sale of any new semi-auto weapons.

Then "law abiding citizens" can keep their guns. How could they be opposed to that?
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Good. Bad.
              I think we both agree that none of the rights enumerated in the Constitution are absolutely limitless, so where exactly do you draw the line with the 2nd? Can the govt constitutionally ban private ownership of specific arms on a case by case basis?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                I think we both agree that none of the rights enumerated in the Constitution are absolutely limitless, so where exactly do you draw the line with the 2nd? Can the govt constitutionally ban private ownership of specific arms on a case by case basis?
                The right of the people to keep and bear arms if they pay the federal government money for a tax stamp, shall not be infringed.

You gonna volunteer for the job of confiscating people's rifles? Tell you right now i wouldn't want that fucking job.

Comment

• Treating a 9mm Glock in the same category as a machine gun and a hand grenade? Requiring a FFL? The $200 tax hike on each gun? Banning the manufacture of pistols? Yeah, I would never support that. In fact, that would turn me and millions of others into single-issue voters.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Good man, AA.

That’s what DSL wants to do.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                      The right of the people to keep and bear arms if they pay the federal government money for a tax stamp, shall not be infringed.

You gonna volunteer for the job of confiscating people's rifles? Tell you right now i wouldn't want that fucking job.
                      So I can legally purchase an RPG after an exhaustive background check, registering with the ATF, paying a steep tax, and having a local law enforcement officer vouch for me. That's apparently not infringement or a restriction on ownership.

But raising the age to 21 or creating new taxes or lengthier background checks for someone buying an AR-15 WOULD be an infringement?

Comment

• Incidentally, #GentryProgs ought to think seriously about “serious enforcement” of gun laws if they want to still pretend they care about mass incarceration.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Incidentally, #GentryProgs ought to think seriously about ?serious enforcement? of gun laws if they want to still pretend they care about mass incarceration.
                          Everyone please remember that the only thing Talent wants here is constructive, honest debate. He's willing to listen to all opinions respectfully

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            Treating a 9mm Glock in the same category as a machine gun and a hand grenade? Requiring a FFL? The $200 tax hike on each gun? Banning the manufacture of pistols? Yeah, I would never support that. In fact, that would turn me and millions of others into single-issue voters.
                            Are there any additional restrictions on gun ownership that you would support?

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                              It would sure be nice if the gun nuts took the shit seriously and tried to propose some reasonable things. But they refuse, so you end up with over reaction and poorly drafted legislation.
                              I can

We can first harden schools, hire armed guards.we have the ability to lock down certain parts of hospitals, same should be true for schools.

We need the mental health restraining orders that if a family member or someone close to a person presents evidence that they are a threat to themselves or others, they have their guns removed from the house and lose the ability to purchase guns for specified length of time. That time can be extended if those family members have good cause and present for the renewal or extention.

Reform mental health in this country. In the mid 70's we opened the doors of mental institutions and let them all just roam the streets. There needs to be serious reform, the ability to commit people to get the help they need.

Also need to reform the background check system. This guy passed a background check, but with his mental health history he shouldnt have

Increase the age of gun ownership to 21 for non police and military members

Fix the fucking FBI. They have been tipped off at several of these mass killers and did shit.

Allow conceal carry in schools for those teachers that undergo all the conditions to carry in their state, as well as additional specified training. Allow them to have in the class safe a handgun that unly allows the be unlocked with a combo once a code is entered at the main office alerting of an active shooter. Put signs up that notifies everyone the teachers are ARMED and will use extreme measures to protect students.

The left just wants to ban guns.
                              Last edited by Kapture1; February 21, 2018, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• I appreciate CGVT at least trying to address the issue. Unlike the rest of you losers and haters. ;).
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X