X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No. This is a gun ban:

"Prohibits sale, transfers, or possession of all guns"

This is much needed regulation:

"Prohibits sale, transfers, or possession of assault weapon or large-capacity ammunition magazine"
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• What are assault weapons?
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        What are assault weapons?
        great question.

If I hit someone in the head with a chair, that chair is an assault weapon.

Comment

• The current responsible dialogue, when it occurs and as I read it, talks about restricting ownership of assault firearms. By that term I mean the federal definition .... semi-automatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns that are able to accept detachable magazines and possess one or more other features.
          Yeah, my understanding of things is that's basically 80-90% of the guns being sold today.

So, yeah, you're saying keep your revolvers, 12-gauge shotguns and muskets. It's like banning computers with more than 256k of memory and saying you're not banning all computers because you can still use your commodore 64.

I think folks ought to at least own it. Most proponents of this type of legislation want to reduce gun ownership as much as possible (up to and including bans) and will settle for a significant ban on semi-automatic weapons. Unfortunately for those folks, milions of people own semi-automatic weapons.

Comment

• Don't be obtuse. A semi-automatic rifle, SMG, or SMP. If I can put 30 rounds through it without changing mags, in the span of under 30 seconds, there is no need for a private citizen to own it. It's not for "home defense, personal defense, or hunting " LMAO. That is an instrument made for killing other humans, imo.

And an FYI, this is from the owner of 3 pistols, a shotgun and 2 rifles. Can also make a dime sized 6 round shot group at 500 yards with MY issue M4 w/ACOG. I still don't feel that I should be allowed to own such a weapon...

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
            AAL- Sam Martin - Because the Punter is one of Detroit's most used assets

Comment

• the way that legislation defines an assault rifle is a rifle that accepts a detachable magizine that has to or more of the following features

barrel shroud
              adjustable stock
              pistol grip
              bayonet lug
              flash hider

which is stupid for a number of reasons. None of them make the rifle more or less deadly. it turns this

into this

nevermind that this

is the same as this

Comment

• Originally posted by KidD View Post
                Don't be obtuse. A semi-automatic rifle, SMG, or SMP. If I can put 30 rounds through it without changing mags, in the span of under 30 seconds, there is no need for a private citizen to own it. It's not for "home defense, personal defense, or hunting " LMAO. That is an instrument made for killing other humans, imo.

And an FYI, this is from the owner of 3 pistols, a shotgun and 2 rifles. Can also make a dime sized 6 round shot group at 500 yards with MY issue M4 w/ACOG. I still don't feel that I should be allowed to own such a weapon...

Depends on your view of the 2nd amendment. I don't believe it was written to hunt deer.

but forgetting that, do you think the Mini 14 should be considered an assault rifle and banned with the AR15?

Comment

• The 2nd amendment was written to keep and bear arms... It purposely doesn't try and narrow down what you can and can't have, times change. I still have yet to hear a solid reason from anyone as to why they want/need an AR. The most I can get is "they look cool" and "I already know how to use it, might as well stick to what I know."

As an aside, I do actually know a guy who uses his AR to deer hunt, apparently the .223 round does this job very well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                    Depends on your view of the 2nd amendment. I don't believe it was written to hunt deer.

but forgetting that, do you think the Mini 14 should be considered an assault rifle and banned with the AR15?

Realised I got sidetracked and didn't actually address this. I personally feel that the 2nd amendment was to allow for personal weapon ownership without governmental persecution, illegal search and seizure, etc. Again, I don't think that an AR, AK, or an Uzi, are preferred for home defense, self defense, etc. They are weapons designed to do the maximum amount of damage as fast as possible.

Comment

• What's the caliber? And how large of a mag can it hold? From all looks no, it looks like a hunting rifle, not an assault rifle. Good luck hiding that when you're getting ready to go on a shooting spree

Comment

• Well, I probably misinterpreted your use of the adjective "outright" as a modifier of gun ban. I took it to mean a complete gun ban. My mistake.

You are correct it is a gun ban and in this case it is "prohibiting the possession of Assault Weapons ".......A 40 (a)1. "Assault weapon" means any selective-fire firearm 41 capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic or burst fire at the 42 option of the user or any of the following specified 43 semiautomatic firearms: ..... and the bill goes on to define all of the weapons intended to be covered under this legislation. You can read the paragraph in the text of the bill listing the weapons here:

My position on restricting ownership of assault firearms remains unchanged. By that term I mean the federal definition of assault firearms. I'd welcome your defense of your right to possess an assault firearm.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

What's the caliber? And how large of a mag can it hold? From all looks no, it looks like a hunting rifle, not an assault rifle. Good luck hiding that when you're getting ready to go on a shooting spree

it's a mini 14. They are chambered in .223 and hold up to a 20 rnd mag. I think the standard mag for them is 5.

Comment

Realised I got sidetracked and didn't actually address this. I personally feel that the 2nd amendment was to allow for personal weapon ownership without governmental persecution, illegal search and seizure, etc. Again, I don't think that an AR, AK, or an Uzi, are preferred for home defense, self defense, etc. They are weapons designed to do the maximum amount of damage as fast as possible.

Also, what if my AR15 self identifies as a musket?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                              Also, what if my AR15 self identifies as a musket?
                              I don't believe in self identification, but that's a whole different conversation LMAO

Comment

• Yeah, it’s a ban on semi-automatic weapons, Buchanan.That’s not some trivial ban. That’s massive.

Mechanically, I wonder if it’s retroactive and confiscatory or prospective. In any event, it’s not going anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X