Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today at the Ed O'Bannon trial:

*Stanford's AD explained why it's okay for the school to sell photographs of individual players but would ruin the spirit of amateurism if the athlete himself received any of the money earned.

*The plaintiffs showed photographs of the therapy pool with cascading waterfalls in the Alabama locker room after an SEC witness claimed schools would go broke if they had to pay players any sort of stipend.

*The NCAA admitted that you can go on its website and buy the individual jerseys of just about any star player you please; the players receive nothing. And that's in order to protect them. Good heavens, it's not about the money!!

Comment

• SEC Network head 'alarmed' at the lack of enthusiasm by cable distributors

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        SEC Network head 'alarmed' at the lack of enthusiasm by cable distributors

http://www.bizjournals.com/birmingha...rs-havent.html
        hope it fails, but I'm a jerk.. lol

it'll probably be forced upon people. ESPN will say no more ESPN U or ESPN 2 without the SEC network

in the end, everyone will carry it. and I'll be disappointed.
        Last edited by entropy; June 24, 2014, 06:24 PM.
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• It'll do very, very well much like the BTN. When the fans might miss a football game on TV, the cable carriers will get flooded with angry fans (who a lot of them aren't aware yet they'll miss televised games) and force the cable distributors for carriage.

Comment

• Depending on how the other game goes, the US may not need to react if they go down a goal. If Portugal is leading the other game they can take a 1-0 defeat and get through. If Portugal-Ghana is 0-0 in the 80th they're feeling pretty good.

This part of it bugs me to no end. McGary gets it.

Comment

• Goal differential and ties deciding who advances rather than who played head-to-head, one of the numerous quirks of why Soccer is so difficult to really enjoy.

Comment

• CFB fans saying Soccer standings are hard to figure out is pretty funny

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                  Goal differential and ties deciding who advances rather than who played head-to-head, one of the numerous quirks of why Soccer is so difficult to really enjoy.
                  For me, it's a jumbo HDTV screen full of swarthy, ethnic types that in the interest of public safety, would best be incarcerated rather than running free on a pitch somewhere in BFE.
                  ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• ^Afraid of his own urges in these situations^

Comment

• who to root for tomorrow:

Comment

• BTN and Comcast reach deal to put BTN on basic cable in Maryland, New Jersey, NYC, and Washington DC.

The Big Ten Network and Comcast have finalized an agreement for distribution in New Jersey and Maryland, as the Big Ten prepares to officially welcome new members Rutgers and Maryland on July 1.

Comment

• nice..

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                            ^Afraid of his own urges in these situations^
                            Hack, why so macabre?
                            Was under the impression that gay people were jolly 24/7?
                            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Weak.

Comment

• Listen Harvey Milk, it matters very little to me whether you take "one lump or two" in your coffee provided the quality of your posts do not deminish in any material way.

BTW.....

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/20...html#read_more
                                Last edited by Optimus Prime; June 26, 2014, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X