Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Suzy Kolber came dangerously close to making the comparison earlier today, Talent. Ray L. got weird and defensive and said that he and Ray's situations were very different.

Someone tweeted "you're right, Ray. You're much more like Aaron Hernandez".
    and ESPN hired him.... yea, espn has morals
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• DSL, you seem particularly outraged, are you also a victim of domestic violence?

Old lady smack you around a bit? It's OK , you're among friends if you cry a little...details, help me help you.

let's get these back on the grill where they belong, call now.

Last edited by Optimus Prime; September 11, 2014, 07:00 AM.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• mgoblog's burger-smoking post is just one more bit of evidence that it's the greatest sports blog ever, but it wasn't clear entirely whether you need to get a smoker. This makes more sense:

For a story in our summer issue, we spent an afternoon at the beach with an Edible Icon, George Motz, talking burgers. Instead of grilling, Motz schooled us in his method for smoking burgers, and wow, were they delicious!

Basically, get some coals going on one side, dump some soaked hickory chips on there, put the burgers on the other side. Anyone have anything to add on this? Or maybe I should just get a smoker.

Comment

• Check with DSL, he obviously needs a recipe for "skirt" steak.
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• You're still looking for brothers in arms, I see. Why not try to a more target-rich environment?

Comment

• Hack, I highly recommend www.amazingribs.com

Comment

• *CLICK*

Comment

• It's gonna be a struggle to get much more work done today...

Comment

• The problem with the Big Green Smoker is that it is outrageously priced for a piece of ceramic made in China. Yes, it works but you can do the same thing in a gas grill with a top or with coals that you can do in that $600 thing.

BTW, the guy that invented those things and started marketing them widely about 10y ago lives in Lawrenceville, GA, my home town, and is stinking rich.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The XL unit runs $1800, ceramics from Mexico, the rest USA! Thought the same thing, my brother bought it first, tried it, then I got one...worth every cent.

A Timex and Rolex both technically tell time but......

Ed from Atlanta started making them in 1974.
                      Last edited by Optimus Prime; September 12, 2014, 05:38 AM.

Comment

• In Washington DC for the weekend, amazed at how podunk the surrounding Virginia environs are. May head to Gettysburg, PA, checkout the battlefield.
                        Last edited by Optimus Prime; September 14, 2014, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• A weekend in DC is basically about the museums, which are great museums. Or Dumbarton Oaks if you like gardens. Nothing really vital on the restaurant scene. I'm outta town otherwise I would have suggested my favorite dive bar. Baltimore's probably not your speed for some of the same reasons but Daniela on W 36th is the best lasagna I've ever had, by far. Swing by for lunch if you need better atmosphere for dinner.

Comment

• Hack are you kidding me? Where lobbyists outnumber politicians 3-1 or more, DC has many of the best restuarants in the world. Westend, Penn Quarter, H street, Capitol Hill, Tyson's Corner, Georgetown, 14 th Street Corridor, you can't miss! Charlie Palmer Steak, Fiola, Blue Duck Tavern.

Comment

• You're right. DC has some steakhouses. Steak's good, and DC's great if you like to eat steak every day. But STFU unless you want to go back to the (allegedly) more money than taste sorta debates. I wonder precisely how far east down H Street have you ventured, but I suggest that instead of replying you get your prissy ass to Baltimore right now and go eat Italian at Daniela. It's a lesson in what 14th Street is never going to get.
                              Last edited by hack; September 14, 2014, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• OP eats MEAT, American Style ....... and homosexuals.

The finer aspects of international haute cuisine just aren't understood by this boy.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X