No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And all of that is without saying that Soro's Open Society Foundation is shilling hard in defense of NN, which if I knew absolutely nothing about it, that alone would tell me to support getting rid of it.

Comment

• well after further research sounds like what you see when you enter a search will be unchanged--its the service you try to connect to might be shut out by the bigger guys.

your cable tv may sell all its bandwith to company A for a high price leaving lets say net flix out in the cold to deliver its product. or vice versa Netflix may monopolize things. regardless capitalism vs regulation seems to be the theme here

I don't think the American consumer will stand for a significant change in their streaming capabilities so if djt and company start hearing it from their constituants after said neutrality expires then things will change if it does get dicked up

Comment

• Or we could just leave it the hell alone as-is.

Comment

• Kapture,

Yes, the ISPs are looking to lower your rates now that Net Neutrality is going to be ended. That is exactly what will happen. Even though ISPs throttled content they didn't like and double billed before, I am sure they won't do that again now that they can. <\sarcasm>

If you're looking for a business angle, companies like Amazon, Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc, have joined the small website businesses in support of continuing Net Neutrality.

I cannot imagine how anyone supports giving the ISPs back the control to slow or even block content they don't like or who won't pay the ISPs on the backend. ISPs were getting like the cable companies before. How many of us have lost channels because of Direct Tv or Comcast contract demands? I am generally a free enterprise capitalist. There are things, however, that need a set of rules in place. ISPs are one of those things.

I'll make the best of it, though, and buy an assortment of ISP stocks. So at least I have that going for me.

Anyway, it will be done soon. Just a horrible mark on Trump's record. Hopefully, this is the first thing Trump's successor replaces after the 2020 election.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Maybe the good news is that we can pressure isps to block folks from accessing Fox News, hannity, o'reilly and Breitbart. That will be fun.
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
              Maybe the good news is that we can pressure isps to block folks from accessing Fox News, hannity, o'reilly and Breitbart. That will be fun.
              Good luck, totalitarian asshat
              Last edited by Kapture1; November 22, 2017, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• AA, you can rest assured someone like Amazon won't merge with Comcast and slow access to every other internet shopping portal. Why would they want to do that?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                    Good luck, totalarian asshat
                    Lol! What on earth are you expecting will happen?

Comment

AA, you can rest assured someone like Amazon won't merge with Comcast and slow access to every other internet shopping portal. Why would they want to do that?
                      no, he can't rest assured anything, neither can you. All of the doomsday scenarios that are being floated now were never an issue, aside from a bit of throttling that no one in the world noticed.

Comment

Lol! What on earth are you expecting will happen?
                        internet circa 2015. IOW none of what you are saying will happen lol

Comment

• "circa" is a cool word...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                            internet circa 2015. IOW none of what you are saying will happen lol
                            So definitely throttling web content. Got it

Comment

• There does seem to be some level of chicken little stuff on net neutrality. Legally, it's quite interesting. The FCC made its rule in 2015 that the internet fell within the ambit of the Federal Communication Act and thus was subject to neutrality rules. The decision was challenged and the DC Circuit Ct ruled 2-1 in favor of the FCC. Presumably the appeal was dropped when DJT came into office.

I remember thinking the reclassification was an overreach at the time. There were other reasons, I think. I'd have to go look it up.

All that said, what the FCC is doing is going back to 2015. I don't think it's quite so simple; I do think there will be changes. And I don't like any of this happening at an administrative level. But, at the end of the day it's hard to imagine some sort of sweeping, sea-change.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

So definitely throttling web content. Got it
                                Funny, i was able to access Netflix for 7 bucks a month, breitbart, Fox and any other website just fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X