Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    You boys have managed to exalt a number of total dipshits merely because they took on DJT. Please, draw a line. Do not lionize Lavar Ball. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

With that said, quality WWE analogy. Well done.
    Oh for goodness sake, Bell is an asshat. If I haven't made that clear.

I'm not the world's biggest fan of all the 'dignity of the office' stuff surrounding the Presidency, but it's remarkable at how 'normal' it's become to see the President in a long-running feud with someone who's the human embodiment of a viral video.

Also "poor man's Don King"? Was that an insult? I thought King was his friend?

Comment

• I mean Lavar Ball said he would have beat MJ at one on one at his peak. Trump doesn't know the trap he is walking into. You might be right in the abstract about wrongful lionization but totally wrong on drawing the line at Ball. Have you ever considered tbat his whole life was preparation for this moment? Are you not entertained?
      I wouldn't underestimate DJT, though, at least when it comes to this type of asshattery.

All that's left to do is arrange the Hell in a Cell Match. Paul E. Dangerously to manage Lavar, Jimmy Hart to manage DJT (RIP, Bobby the Brain, he was the clear the #1 choice here) and Earl Hebner to ref.

Speaking of which, if you haven't ever watched Mick Foley talk about the two bumps he took in that legendary match, you really ought to. I never realized that the second one was an accident and people in the back (and the commentators) were legitmately concerned that he had died. Apparently, it's one thing to throw yourself 25 feet into a table; it's quite another to get get choked slammed 20 feet into a rock hard mat. He says he was extremely lucky in the way he landed. Of course, he recovered from being knocked out cold to finish the match getting slammed into hundreds of thumb tacks he had spread out over the ring. Him getting the tombstone with, literally, hundreds of tacks stuck in his body still creeps me out. Woof.

Batshit. Fucking. Crazy.
      Last edited by iam416; November 22, 2017, 08:44 AM.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Not to mention I think Trump is confused on who actually got arrested. It wasn't Lonzo Ball, he's already in the NBA. If Trump really wanted to cut to the quick, he would mention Lonzo's broke jumper and suspect handles. If you are going to be a stage dad, you failed early on fixing the jumper.

Comment

• Seriously, Lonzo Ball sucks. I never got the infatuation and watching him play now it seems like his ceiling is a broke ass man's Jason Kidd. I'm so happy the Lakeshow fucktwats took him.

Comment

• Who should Trump's next Twitter catfight be with?

A) Lena Dunham
            B) Keith Olbermann
            C) Andy Richter
            D) TV's beloved Snooki

Comment

• Whoever flings poop first!

I mean, big picture -- he's engaging in entertaining twitter fights and barely governing -- certainly unable to pass any meaningful legislation. This is like the best of all worlds -- finally a president who is lit but who can't do shit because of Madison and Company.

Trust the Process, clap...clap...clap, clap, clap....Trust the Process....

Comment

• Good breakdown of the ever-changing leadership (well, except the top man) of the Glorious People's Republic of Luhansk. If anyone here other than me cares.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  I wouldn't underestimate DJT, though, at least when it comes to this type of asshattery.

All that's left to do is arrange the Hell in a Cell Match. Paul E. Dangerously to manage Lavar, Jimmy Hart to manage DJT (RIP, Bobby the Brain, he was the clear the #1 choice here) and Earl Hebner to ref.

Speaking of which, if you haven't ever watched Mick Foley talk about the two bumps he took in that legendary match, you really ought to. I never realized that the second one was an accident and people in the back (and the commentators) were legitmately concerned that he had died. Apparently, it's one thing to throw yourself 25 feet into a table; it's quite another to get get choked slammed 20 feet into a rock hard mat. He says he was extremely lucky in the way he landed. Of course, he recovered from being knocked out cold to finish the match getting slammed into hundreds of thumb tacks he had spread out over the ring.

Batshit. Fucking. Crazy.
                  Yeah you know it was an unplanned bump only they knew about because it was not to the hard camera.

I've seen or read Foley talk about it a few times, one thing that stands out is he didn't remember the match laying in the hospital bed. Vincent told him, Great match, don't ever do that again." Taker came to his bed and Mick asked Taker if he remembered to use the thumbtacks and Taker told Mick to look at his forearm which was full of them.

Comment

• Good breakdown of the ever-changing leadership (well, except the top man) of the Glorious People's Republic of Luhansk. If anyone here other than me cares.

No one cares, Wild Hoss.

Comment

• There is a chessplayer I like from there. Alex Areshchenko.

Why do you care about Luhansk? Does this have to do with Shostakovich?
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yeah you know it was an unplanned bump only they knew about because it was not to the hard camera.

I've seen or read Foley talk about it a few times, one thing that stands out is he didn't remember the match laying in the hospital bed. Vincent told him, Great match, don't ever do that again." Taker came to his bed and Mick asked Taker if he remembered to use the thumbtacks and Taker told Mick to look at his forearm which was full of them.
                        Yeah, the thumbtacks quote is great. That also produced, of course, JR's legendary commentary. But my favorite is Lawler when he went through the cage...just a nonchalant..."That's it. He's dead."

Comment

• Fun fact: Hoss and Wiz had a WWF tag team gig for a time

Comment

• Golfclap @ Talent for the Earl Hebner reference.

That said, fuck off.

Comment

• The bigger question I have is why hasn't Dr. Strangelove come out and made clear that he thinks Lavar Ball is an asshat. He's been dancing around and equivocating for weeks. It'd be nice to see him join Brother Hoss in his condemnation.

Comment

• Wait, DSL is a big Lavar Ball apologist? Shameful shit, that.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X