No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am, like, the smartest. A GENIUS! I invented photosynthesis. Helped with so many things. So many. I remember when Ron Popeil started selling his rotisserie. He was going to say "start it and walk away" - I said, "No Ron. Try SET IT AND FORGET IT!" Genius. Pure genius. Of course with my help the rotisserie was huge. HUGE. The smartest. Crooked Hillary wasn't smart like me. Sad.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Haha

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyONt_ZH_aw"]TRUMP STEAKS!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Donald Trump is the perfect president for Da Geezer.
        If only he were that for Americans.

Comment

• lol at comparing his mental stability to Reagan, given that Reagan was pretty well in the throes of Alzheimer's when he left office.
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
            Jesus. This fucking moron is the President of the United States.

Winning!
            You know, the left still hasn't got their story straight on President Trump. Either he's a fucking moron, or he mastermimded a scheme with Russia to steal the election, and did it so well there is absoultly no evidence of it.

He didn't want to win, yet beat Hillary Clinton

All he does is watch tv and drink diet coke, yet accomplished a lot in his first year and is doing more for economic growth than 0bama.

He's incompetent yet ran over 17 other republicans and beat "the most qualified candidate for president ever"

One day you might figure out that half the time his tweets are a performace, where he is saying wild shit. He's playing a character. The , like, part of that tweet is clearly acting, he's play mocking, like, a valley girl. There is no other reason to put that in there, which is why it's there. By all means keep underestimating him... yep he's an incompetent fucking moran, and mentally unstable too

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
              You know, the left still hasn't got their story straight on President Trump. Either he's a fucking moron, or he mastermimded a scheme with Russia to steal the election, and did it so well there is absoultly no evidence of it.

He didn't want to win, yet beat Hillary Clinton

All he does is watch tv and drink diet coke, yet accomplished a lot in his first year and is doing more for economic growth than 0bama.

He's incompetent yet ran over 17 other republicans and beat "the most qualified candidate for president ever"

One day you might figure out that half the time his tweets are a performace, where he is saying wild shit. He's playing a character. The , like, part of that tweet is clearly acting, he's play mocking, like, a valley girl. There is no other reason to put that in there, which is why it's there. By all means keep underestimating him... yep he's an incompetent fucking moran, and mentally unstable too
              I don't believe it was a performance at all. He talks the same way. And distraction and performance art would at least make some sense if there were a reason for it, but he has no need to distract with sleight of hand through a tweet like that. It gains him nothing, in fact it's the opposite: it just emboldens the claims of the growing numbers of people who believe he's unstable.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                I don't believe it was a performance at all. He talks the same way. And distraction and performance art would at least make some sense if there were a reason for it, but he has no need to distract with sleight of hand through a tweet like that. It gains him nothing, in fact it's the opposite: it just emboldens the claims of the growing numbers of people who believe he's unstable.
                When he tweeted about sloppy Michael Moore, he did the break in charecter, similar to when an actor in a play will break script and talk for a second directly to the audience before going back into charecter, "while not at all presidential". If anyone still misses this as performance art they are missing a hell of a show.

Comment

• Yes Kapture, he's a very stable genius.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    Yes Kapture, he's a very stable genius.
                    Had no problem beating your candidate, and according to some he didn't even want to win. SAD!

Comment

• Haha. Too bad this will cue a Mini-Meme barrage of stupid right wing memes, but it sums it up too well to pass up

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

When he tweeted about sloppy Michael Moore, he did the break in charecter, similar to when an actor in a play will break script and talk for a second directly to the audience before going back into charecter, "while not at all presidential". If anyone still misses this as performance art they are missing a hell of a show.
                        There is no point for performance art in this situation. I appreciate subterfuge, but this does not lead to any advantage or gain. But, yeah, for devotees of Trump it must be much less embarrassing to say he's just "acting" - even if there is no logical reason for the act.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                          Lets not forget the growing number of people who have worked for or with him who think he is a dimwit and/or crackpot.

Comment

• Army All-American game is on NBC at 1:00 eastern.

Comment

........ yep he's an incompetent fucking moran, and mentally unstable too
                              I'm not a liberal in the common use of that term as it might be applied to my political and economic views. Trump may not be as you described him either but the facade he has created for himself, the US Presidency and the United States masks the limits of his accomplishments and some not insignificant damage he has done at home and abroad.

On deregulation, a good deal of the perception of it, along with the Tax Bill, has fueled business optimism and the rise in the stock market. However, while his people have created this positive impression of his impact on our country becasue of his actions, the reality is now and will likely turn out to be not nearly what he has claimed it to be.

Whatever the merits and demerits of Trump?s aspirations, history suggests a hard road ahead in pruning regulations (and creating a new tax code). Some of the early steps involved low-hanging fruit, such as Obama executive orders that are relatively easy to reverse. To reverse rules based on laws already passed by Congress, the administration will have to go through the same arduous process as getting a regulation approved.........That means more time and great care. ?If they?re not careful, the courts will overturn their actions.?

Another challenge will be solving a Trump paradox. On the one hand, eager to keep government employment down, he has been slow to fill political positions in agencies. On the other, getting buy-in from the bureaucracy will require a full complement of administrators who can implement his deregulation ideas.

The overall trend in government rulemaking remains relentlessly up – and Trump is stirring controversy by overturning environmental and consumer protections.

I've presented the argument before that, like FDR who also tried to deregulate a lot of things, court challenges to that deregulation did then and will in Trump's time, stop a good deal of his de-regulatory initiatives.

On Tax reform ...... he has a bill. That is all. He has not appointed an IRS Director and his ability to get the provisions of the bill implemented is limited on several levels. All show and no substance. Something that I think some clear minded observers of his life in the spot-light would characterize him as.

On the international scene, Trump has created the most unstable strategic environment since 1932. In this case his all show approach that includes withdrawal from several non-biding trade, nuclear and environmental agreements has diminished US ability to influence global outcomes in these areas. In the case of Asia and to an extent Africa, Trump has ceded influence there to the Chinese. Up thread, I linked to an important Foreign Policy piece that describes the risks of this kind of strategic withdrawal. In the piece linked below, a harsh appraisal of Trumps diplomacy is provided by observers in the UK earlier this year.

And so, in the space or 100 days or so, Trump?s crudely intimidatory, violent, know-nothing approach to sensitive international issues has encircled the globe from Moscow to the Middle East to Beijing, plunging foes and allies alike into a dark vortex of expanding strategic instability.

The picture that Trump and his supporters have painted is superficial and, it seems to me, removed from the reality of potential negative outcomes for the environment, for the economy and for international relations. Negative outcomes, it would seem, are just as likely, perhaps moreso, as positive ones. I've got no dog in the political fight between the left and the right, the elite and the rest but I do care about stability on the economic, trade and military levels.

I guess we'll see in the mid to long term. But, I think it behooves all of us to be taking a hard and realistic look at the implications of this President's undertakings and see through the shine of the potentially rotten apple that sits on his desk.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The picture painted in the heads of the anti Trumpers have changed because the evidence didnt match the image. First he was Hitler. When he didnt end up doing Hitler stuff, then it was he's inneffective, except he got a lot done. Mentally unfit is the new attack, but for a fucking moron he sure kicked the shit out of the democrat nominee while at the same time not wanting to win at all. Sorry but the evidence just doesn't support the new line of attack either. For a supposed child, making billions of dollars and winning the presidency wasn't an accident no matter how hard you wanna justify it.

Like i said, please keep underestimating him, it's worked out well for you thus far, perhaps you're right THIS time lol
                                Last edited by Kapture1; January 6, 2018, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X