No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So not one but 4 sheriff deputys stayed outside while kids were getting murdered.

Comment

• Nikolas Cruz will 'get into a school and just shoot the place up,' FBI caller reportedly said

In the Jan. 5 tip received by the FBI on Nikolas Cruz, a female caller claimed that the 19-year-old school shooter was “so outraged” and she feared he would “get into a school and just shoot the place up,” according to call transcripts viewed by The Wall Street Journal.

In the Jan. 5 tip received by the FBI on Nikolas Cruz, a female caller claimed that the 19-year-old school shooter was “so outraged” and she feared he would “get into a school and just shoot the place up,” according to call transcripts viewed by*The Wall Street Journal.

The call was placed by a person close to Cruz through the FBI’s Public Access Line (PAL) tip line last month to report concerns of his erratic behavior and disturbing social media posts. The bureau admitted to receiving the call from the unidentified woman.

The woman told the operator that she knew Cruz was “going to explode” and wanted a “clear conscience” if he “just starts shooting places up,” The Journal reported.

In the call, she reportedly said she’d previously flagged authorities to concerning Instagram posts in which Cruz allegedly claimed to want to kill himself. The woman said she didn’t know the status of that investigation but since then, Cruz had allegedly “switched it to he wants to kill people,” she told the operator, according to The Journal. She reportedly gave authorities his social media usernames.

“It’s alarming to see these pictures and to know what he’s capable of doing and what could happen,” the caller said. “He’s [been] thrown out of all these schools because he would pick up a chair and just throw it at somebody, a teacher or a student, because he didn’t like the way they were talking to him.”

“Something is gonna happen,” she said. “Because he’s, he doesn’t have the mental capacity. He can’t, he’s so outraged if someone talks to him about certain things.”

The woman also told of Cruz’s alleged interest in hunting knives and how he would cut up animals, including frogs and birds, according to the outlet.

One time, “he brought the bird into the house,” she said on the call, and reportedly started dissecting it on his mother’s counter. When his mother probed him about it, he allegedly said, ‘I want to see what’s inside,’” The Journal reported.

“That to me would be a red flag,” the caller reportedly said.

The woman also reportedly feared that Cruz would use a large sum of money she claimed he was set to acquire, allegedly from a life insurance policy, to purchase guns. She claimed he also dressed as a ninja or member of ISIS, The Journal reported.

Not all of the woman’s details have been confirmed, The Journal said.

Cruz*confessed to opening fire*at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Valentine’s Day. Seventeen people were killed in the shooting spree.

Regarding the tip,*the FBI said in a statement*that the information “should have been assessed as a potential threat to life" and that “protocols were not followed for the information received by the PAL on Jan. 5.”

"Under normal protocol, this information should have been provided to the Miami field office," FBI special agent Robert Lasky said during a news conference on Feb. 16. "The FBI is still investigating the facts of this situation. We will conduct an in-depth review of our procedures."

Comment

• This clip of Reagan from 1989 has been popping up in places so I thought I'd share it. I think it's a decent demonstration of how the gun debate has moved to the right since that time, but everyone's mileage may vary.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG4V_6pCLVo"]Ron Reagan on Gun Control - Feb 6, 1989 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Funerals don't have to be somber.

Chinese authorities are once again cracking down on the practice which have existed for years.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Strippers? Haha. Sounds like it was invented in NOLA. Funerals there turn into a giant party complete with a second line parade.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• FL Governor, Rick Scott, has called for measures to strengthen regulations preventing certain individuals from obtaining firearms this week. He's also proposed to raise the age to purchase a firearm from 18 to 21, increase state funding to add security measures to FL's schools and provide for increased law enforcement presence in them. None of his proposals are likely to prompt legal challenges based on 2A. It's a step in the right direction but of course the gun ban advocates are outraged.

Scott is tagged as a potential challenger to Bill Nelson's Senate seat in the mid-terms. Scott is a 2A advocate but is more moderate on the subject than Nelson, who is an outspoken opponent of any type of gun control, is an NRA favorite. Both men have taken campaign contributions from the NRA and gun manufacturers but Nelson is way ahead in that department and he's facing a ton of heat recently for it.

If the election were held today, Nelson would get trounced. In a month or so? Who knows. I was asked today in a conversation on the Never Again movement what was the nation talking about before Parkland? I said the FBI and the Russia investigation. Wrong. It was the Me Too movement. Despite my admitted senility, you should get the point.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• As an aside from the never ending gun debate, here is a fun gif:

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/_cingraham/status/966134489595310080[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    This clip of Reagan from 1989 has been popping up in places so I thought I'd share it. I think it's a decent demonstration of how the gun debate has moved to the right since that time, but everyone's mileage may vary.

Ron Reagan on Gun Control - Feb 6, 1989 - YouTube
                    Yep, "machine guns" have effectively been banned in this country, he is correct machine guns shouldn't be sold to the general public. Not only that but the system has gotten faster. Where they used to ha e to make one wait for a few days to run background, its done now in a matter of min. Reagan was shot and didnt call for more gun control. He did, by the end of his life, when he was experiencing the effects of dementia.

What's this? Reagan with a so called "assault rifle"?
                    Last edited by Kapture1; February 24, 2018, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• There's no way cats are that high.

Comment

• Yeah, that’s some real bullshit.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• CNN released emails from a network producer on Friday that contradict a Florida high school student's claim that the network scripted a question that he was supposed to ask at a televised town hall event this week.

Colton Haab, a survivor of last week's mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., said Thursday on Fox News that CNN had initially asked him to "write a speech and ask questions" for the event but that a producer ultimately scripted a question for him. CNN has denied that claim.

According to Business Insider, CNN and Haab agreed on the question that he would ask at the town hall. His father, Glenn Haab, pulled his son out of the event after the network refused to let the student read a lengthy speech.

The Haabs also appeared to provide doctored emails to media outlets to back up the claim that CNN scripted the questions, Business Insider reported. CNN's version of the email showed that the producer wrote she wanted the student to stick to a question "that he submitted," but that phrase was omitted in the version released by the family.

"It is unfortunate that an effort to discredit CNN and the town hall with doctored emails has taken any attention away from the purpose of the event," a CNN spokesman said, according to Business Insider.

"However, when presented with doctored email exchanges, we felt the need to set the record straight."

President Trump on Thursday night seized on the claim that CNN rewrote Haab's question, calling the network "Fake News."

"Just like so much of CNN, Fake News. That's why their ratings are so bad! MSNBC may be worse," Trump tweeted.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Attempt to discredit CNN and the townhall, fuck they did a good enough job of that themselves. Truely one of the most disgusting displays I've seen.

Comment

• *yawn*
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I wish I would have watched it. All I saw was the clip of Mark Rubio try to explain why he will continue to accept money from the NRA. What a dipshit. He refused to say what is apparent to most - money is the grease that gets politicians elected. Rubio basically said he'll take money from anyone, the only thing he cares about is staying in office.

Those types of venting get togethers are good therapy for traumatized children. It speeds the recovery process by helping not to internalize the fear and the trauma. One doesn't have to agree with the POV taken, but understand it helps the mind mend. Internalizing such horrors increases the possibility of that same person exhibiting serious problems in the future. Its sad that you find what helps victims recover as 'disgusting' simply because it doesn't fit your political wheel house. Then again, you may simply be ignorant of how the mind deals with terror events. Going into snowflake mode over a townhall meeting demonstrates a remarkable shallowness. Do you also oppose victim statements (ala Nasser trial) as equally disgusting since that opportunity also aids the healing process?
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X