No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And in what universe does advocating the impeachment of trump make someone untrustworthy? Perhaps one populated with people that hallucinate Trump is competent, qualified, mature, thoughtful, and non-belligerent? Or is Trump's moral equivalency of Kenneth Lay and Harvey Weinstein put him above such opinions?

#MAGA = Morons Are Governing America
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
      Oh, trustworthy is something we care about these days?
      Even if truth doesn't matter, she's not very persuasive. Her word isn't going to convince ANYONE that doesn't already have a preconceived opinion of the president. I guess it works at firing up the base, but I don't like to see the use of the death of a Servicemen to push a political agenda.

Comment

• Trump began this while thing of politicizing a soldiers death by bringing up Obama out of thin air. All he had to do was answer a simple fucking question.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
          Trump began this while thing of politicizing a soldiers death by bringing up Obama out of thin air. All he had to do was answer a simple fucking question.
          I mean, it's not just 0bama, a lot of presidents didn't call the families of soldiers that died. I think the first telephone was installed in the WH back in the late 1800's.

I rate his comment as true but misleading.

Comment

• Kapture- The Wash Post hasn't talked to the widow, but they've talked to the slain soldier's mother who was also in the limo. She says Trump disrespected their family and that the Congresswoman's account is accurate.

So is it fair to assume the story's mostly if not completely true, at this point?

Trump complained that Rep. Frederica S. Wilson, a Florida Democrat, “totally fabricated what I said” to Sgt. La David Johnson's widow. Wilson stood by her account.

Comment

• I'm going to toss any comment on someone who spells Obama with a zero in the garbage. Probably an irrelevant birther.
              Last edited by froot loops; October 18, 2017, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                I'm going to toss any comment on someone who spells Obama with a zero in the garbage. Probably an irrelavent birther.
                Yep. Move along. Nothing to see here
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Kapture- The Wash Post hasn't talked to the widow, but they've talked to the slain soldier's mother who was also in the limo. She says Trump disrespected their family and that the Congresswoman's account is accurate.

So is it fair to assume the story's mostly if not completely true, at this point?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7f7e49f58fec
                  I will give the benefit of the doubt... I don't see it as disrespect to say that he knew what he signed up for, but when it happens, it hurts anyway. Knowing a lot of military and former military, they would agree with that statement, and would actually say calling it an insult is an insult.

IOW

He knew the risks when he signed on the dotted line: this is a person that put their life on the line, KNOWINGLY, and made the ultimate sacrifice for the nation.

Still don't see a problem with it, especially when this Congresswoman and the media are taking only part of the statement and claiming Trump said to the widow "he knew what he signed up for". Yes it sounds insensitive without the all important context.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    I'm going to toss any comment on someone who spells Obama with a zero in the garbage. Probably an irrelevant birther.
                    It's just a zero. I have triggered more people with that zero than anything else over the last 8 years.

not a birther tho. Going with the Ted Cruz example, even the John McCain example, born out of country to an American, makes you an American. end o story.

Comment

• The problem, Kapture, is that it is extremely insensitive to remind a new widow that 'he knew what he signed up for'. You don't console a widow that way.

"Ma'am, your husband died from complications of his treatment. But he knew what he was getting when he signed up for chemo."

"Ma'am, your husband was shot by a murder suspect he was trying to apprehend. But he knew what he was getting when he signed up to be a cop."

"Ma'am, the space shuttle blew your husband into bits. But he knew what he was getting when he signed up to be an astronaut."

Etc, etc, etc...

It's just not how any non-sociopath would console a loved one of someone who met a recent tragic end.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                        I mean, it's not just 0bama, a lot of presidents didn't call the families of soldiers that died. I think the first telephone was installed in the WH back in the late 1800's.

I rate his comment as true but misleading.
                        Way to ignore or miss the point. No one brought up calling soldiers, he did and lied, was called on it and backed off.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                          The problem, Kapture, is that it is extremely insensitive to remind a new widow that 'he knew what he signed up for'. You don't console a widow that way.

"Ma'am, your husband died from complications of his treatment. But he knew what he was getting when he signed up for chemo."

"Ma'am, your husband was shot by a murder suspect he was trying to apprehend. But he knew what he was getting when he signed up to be a cop."

"Ma'am, the space shuttle blew your husband into bits. But he knew what he was getting when he signed up to be an astronaut."

Etc, etc, etc...

It's just not how any non-sociopath would console a loved one of someone who met a recent tragic end.
                          i dont think the anology of chemo holds. So now we are down to Trump should have known that a statement honoring the life and sacrifice of a servicemember would have been received by people who are not him? Still think this is getting overblown, especially since this is getting pushed by Wilson and the dishonest media who are not even reporting his full statement.

Comment

• From the UK: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...d=tmg_share_fb

No surgery for you smokers or fatties until you change your ways!

Meanwhile, the Virginia Governor's race is tightened up to where one would expect it to be: the D with a slight lead well within the MoE. Virginia went for HRC by 5 points in 2016. IMO, it'd be remarkable if the Rs actually won, even if Northam is dull. I also think it would be a remarkably bad sign for the Ds -- a sign that #resistance ain't going to cut it.

The legitimate fear of the Rs is that DJT will take down the whole party. The legitimate question for me is whether the Ds are at all competent enough to actually win off the coast.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Oh yeah. The dishonest media. Fake News!

Next he'll be calling anyone that dare calls trump out on his stupidity a leftist quickly followed by libitard and of course the ever popular snowflake...
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Still think this is getting overblown, especially since this is getting pushed by Wilson and the dishonest media who are not even reporting his full statement.
                                Well, of course it will be overblown. But, fortunately for DJT, the pile of evidence against him as a person, and as a person with nary a shred of empathy, is so voluminous that you've made up your mind one way or the other at this point. It's white noise. He's approval isn't going much above or below 40% for the rest of his term.

It's mostly just a stopgap for those in Russia withdrawal to rant.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X