Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for the legal minds.

On a general criminal statute, such as obstruction of justice, do federal and state laws generally mirror each other? On what would seem to be a fed only law, such as being an unregistered foreign agent, are there typically a similar state statute? Does a special counsel like Mueller have the option to choose between a state level charge and a federal level charge?

Now for a hypothetical. Mueller concludes his investigation. He finds Trump to be as pure and innocent as fresh driven snow. He further finds that Trump's campaign operatives are all guilty as original sin with plentiful incontrovertible evidence. Trump announces he will pardon all evil doers acting on his behalf because that is the reward for loyalty to King Don. Could Mueller have charges placed on a state level to prevent a miscarriage of justice initiated by Trump?
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Test

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
        here comes the body double conspiracies lol
        Which are unbelievably more plausible than the bullshit ones you clowns peddle here.

Comment

• ZTE hires former Trump campaign staffer and lobbyist just one day after Trump vows to overrule his national security officials and help the Chinese firm

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbyi...mpression=true

i-was-told-the-swamp-would-be-drained-urs-17133526.png

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post

Which are unbelievably more plausible than the bullshit ones you clowns peddle here.
            ahhhhhh I knew it

so what? Melania took Barron and split? She's in hiding? lets hear it

Comment

• melania_trump_spells_HELP_tweet.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                F
                A
                K
                E
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Jon, I haven't kept up with that side of things but there are state-level investigations in NY and VA and reportedly cooperation with the Feds.

Comment

• China warns all trade deals are off if the newly announced tariffs go into effect

Comment

• Blago's wife goes on one of Trump's favorite shows to 1) Flatter the hell out of Trump and 2) Try to convince him that Blago's 'enemies' are the same enemies Trump has and that's why he should pardon him...and it just might work! Trumpworld united with the poster boy for corrupt Democrat politicians!!

Comment

• The January letter leaked to the NY Times yesterday acknowledges (for the first time?) that Trump "dictated a short but accurate response to the New York Times" story about Don Jr.'s Trump Tower meeting with Russians. Below are five instances in which Trump's lawyer flat out denied that Trump had ANY involvement in crafting that now known to be false statement.

DetieDxU0AAi6zu.jpg:small.jpg

Comment

• "Our recollection keeps changing": - Rudy Giuliani.

A novel way of insisting a lie is not a lie: it's just an amended recollection.

Comment

• In conjunction w/ Trump's legal memo to Mueller, he's taken some time out of his Sunday to suddenly assure everyone that Manafort... Like everyone else so far... Was a minor and inconsequential blip within his administration. Stark contrast to his previous defense of Manafort... Who, fairly recently, had his case against Mueller tossed.

Probably bad luck. Trump had the A-Team, but they were all wolves in sheep's clothing.

I'd wager we all get beers together at some point: Trump has served as such an incidental magnet for controversial characters, swamp-steeped dirt bags, that -- if he isn't steeped in himself -- he was obviously the ultra-weapon/4d/secret agent/God-Gun man put in place as anathematic bait (aka DR. Manhattan) by the SECRET - deep 2x - State: an unspoken bipartisan super team assembled under layers of bureaucratic palimpsest; insulated by the very mechanisms which aid those they seek to bring to justice!

Trump is the savior we were all waiting for, just not in the way we thought? He's the most effective, but ugliest honey trap we've ever seen.

Comment

• I actually like the Trump administration's approach to trade with China given the circumstances that are present now versus those that prevailed for decades as that county grew it's economy. China, along with Europe and Canada, don't deserve slack now.

I think the steel and aluminum tariff's are dumb....... 50's kind of shit that might have been appropriate 60y ago. I also think that Secretary of Commerce, Wilbur Ross and Chief Economic Adviser, Larry Kudlow know they are too. Kudlow has said as much. Ross isn't very talkative.

The threats of tariff's are reasonable negotiating tactics, very consistent with Trump's business philosophy with regards to deal making, like them or not, and, IMO, have a better chance of working than blowing up in his face. There is absolutely no question that the US, in it's benevolent mode since the end of WWII, has taken it in the ass with trade. Certainly, it's a complex area and I claim no expertise at all in it but, I can see and i understand where this appears to be going and I'm prepared to see how it turns out.

I spoke too soon in criticizing, actually laughing at, the administration and PDJT after the NK/un summit fell through. But it appears to be back on and Turmp made it clear that he is prone to walk away from a bad deal and come back to the table when the other side is willing to offer better terms.

We'll see on both counts: Trade and NK Denuclearization..
                              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; June 3, 2018, 04:28 PM.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

ahhhhhh I knew it

so what? Melania took Barron and split? She's in hiding? lets hear it
                                I couldn't give a shit less about Melania. But whatever theories are out there are more realistic than the shit you've posted about and believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X