No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The world needs more hospital admin-types. Salt of the earth people. Scholars and gentlemen, all.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      The world needs more hospital admin-types. Salt of the earth people. Scholars and gentlemen, all.
      Thorough agreement. Comity all around.

Comment

• Never thought I would see it in my lifetime.

::::puts on clothes; leaves::::::
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• You might not get a lot done

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

::::puts on clothes; leaves::::::
            don't forget your guitar hero controller

Comment

• Yawn
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• JPA142-Remember-When-Michigan-Was-Great.png

Auchtoons: We're getting the state we asked for - ain't it grand? — Toon & text by John Auchter I have something of a Wikipedia problem. In idle moments in between tasks, I tend to wander over to the website for a

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• So Krapture is now rooting for the death of SCOTUS judges. Wow....way classy there, but then look who he idolizes President Trump.
                  2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Strangelove:

Due to this new and vastly superior format, I am unable to log into this forum most of the time. Tonight is your lucky day, though.

I thought I'd start with the summary of Alito's opinion in Janus, from page 48 of the opinion:

P. 48: Summary of Supreme Court Opinion in Janus v. AFSLME

Comment

• Due to this new and vastly superior format, I am unable to log into this forum most of the time.
                      Another reason to like the new format

Comment

• Strangelove:

Since the inception of this vastly superior new format for the forum, I have only been able to get on about once per week. Tonight is your lucky night. The following is from Alito's opinion in the Janus case:

andard cannot be met.

Notice that NO payments may be made to a union without affirmative consent of the employee. I don't know how you guys in "union shop" states like Ohio are going to handle it. I do know that the local Superintendent of Schools is not going to deduct a dime from any teacher until that teacher comes in with a written formal request waiving their constitutional right to free speech.

In addition, Alito holds that public sector unions are, by their very nature, political. Now that there is the prospect that there might be a reliable conservative majority on the Supreme Court for the first time since 1934, I can see these unions being treated more and more like an adjunct to one political party that they, in fact, are. There is no rationale for public sector unions anymore since government employees are protected by law. Shoot, they can't even fire Strozk.

You may now re-assume your fetal position.

Comment

• Of course Kapture is rooting for the death of Supreme Court justices Whitley, that's his thing. The dude is a sociopath who doesn't know if child seperation is inhumane. That guy isn't worth talking to, he's a bad person.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Another reason to like the new format
                            How much money can we donate to improve this feature?

Comment

• To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                              X