No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you hate Ronnie Lott and Dick Butkus? How about Gordie Howe?

Listen the NFL is crap, if not for pick em and fantasy there is hardly a reason to watch. College is still right up there, damn 2 weeks!

Comment

• Last edited by Kstat; August 17, 2018, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• IOW it can become soccer. Just need to find a way to make it entertaining and profitable.

Comment

• Wait a minute....according to Putin's cock holster, the DOJ is part of the Deep State, corrupt to the core, a secret Hillary cell, puppets of the anti-Trump Illuminati, etc etc.

Multiple lawsuits argue that foreign spending at Trump International Hotel is a violation of the emoluments clause
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• AA and Talent have been absent....perhaps they're in St Louie?

Members of the World Chess Hall of Fame in Missouri built the largest chess piece in the world: a king standing at 20 feet tall.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
              So you hate Ronnie Lott and Dick Butkus? How about Gordie Howe?

Listen the NFL is crap, if not for pick em and fantasy there is hardly a reason to watch. College is still right up there, damn 2 weeks!
              Poor WingsFan

Comment

• Lol hockey.

Comment

• Football violence ..... this is something I know a little about, at least medically and at the HS level in GA. GA has very good HS football. It is played at a high level of talent, strength and speed - the perfect combo for violent collisions. All these things get magnified at the collegiate and then professional levels. I don't think safety measures that I am familiar with at the HS level are a bad thing nor do they detract from or compromise the value of the game - sportsmanship, leadership, hi-level athletic fitness. I can only assume player safety is very important in CFB and in the pros. The resources are clearly there to provide for it and still play the game if not entirely safely (e.g., like flag football might be) at least as safely, say, as America's Cup sailing - and in these new boats racing these days, it is dangerous and people die participating.

The blood-sport thing is real though and that sort of thing has been entertaining for centuries and drawn big crowds for such events. I expect it will continue to do so in the future. Some aren't enamored with that and find it distasteful. Fine. The advent of social media has tended to take single events and apply them, in a generalizing way, to categorize the whole of football at every level as a sport that shouldn't be played anymore because it's too violent. What this position overlooks are the steps that are taken by organizing bodies to keep the sport enjoyable and with value for participants by making it safer ..... a good thing that tends to get overlooked.

While single events where a football player is injured are terrible for those involved in them, dramatizing these ignores factfullness.

A majority (at least 70 percent) of the increase in reported NFL injuries appears to be driven by increased identification and reporting of concussions and minor non-head injuries rather than an actual change in NFL injury rates. True injury rates likely increased about 10 percent from 2007 to 2015. That's not negligible, but it's much lower than the 35 percent or so that just looking at the overall change might suggest.

TBF, this is but one study and as good as I think it is in unmasking the worry rate about football violence, especially as it relates to studies showing a decline in the number of HS football players assigned to parents not wanting their kids to play due to the potential for injury (esp. head injuries), there are other studies out there that say we ought not to be celebrating nor encouraging this kind of blood sport ...... I think I know why those kinds of studies and exposes are written. Engagement. See my post about that phenomenon up thread.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                    Wait a minute....according to Putin's cock holster, the DOJ is part of the Deep State, corrupt to the core, a secret Hillary cell, puppets of the anti-Trump Illuminati, etc etc.

Multiple lawsuits argue that foreign spending at Trump International Hotel is a violation of the emoluments clause
                    It's not that hard, Bruce Ohr, who was the 4th highest ranking member at the DOJ was messaging the Brittish Spy after the FBI fired him. He also was in communication with Glen Simpson, head of Fusion GPS who also employed his wife. Same Glen Simpson that was seen meeting with the Russian Lawyer from the Trump tower meeting in the days BOTH BEFORE AND AFTER that meeting.

His messages conveyed that he was worried about his and the other conspirators actions were going to be exposed when Trump fired Comey.

the 0bama DOJ was corrupt to the core. Rotted. Remember the tarmac meeting? Remember Eric Holder calling himself 0bama's wingman? I can only fucking imagine the left's outrage if Sessions ever said that about Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

It's not that hard, Bruce Ohr, who was the 4th highest ranking member at the DOJ was messaging the Brittish Spy after the FBI fired him. He also was in communication with Glen Simpson, head of Fusion GPS who also employed his wife. Same Glen Simpson that was seen meeting with the Russian Lawyer from the Trump tower meeting in the days BOTH BEFORE AND AFTER that meeting.

His messages conveyed that he was worried about his and the other conspirators actions were going to be exposed when Trump fired Comey.

the 0bama DOJ was corrupt to the core. Rotted. Remember the tarmac meeting? Remember Eric Holder calling himself 0bama's wingman? I can only fucking imagine the left's outrage if Sessions ever said that about Trump.
                      Wrong. Ohr was worried about confidential Russian sources being exposed.

But hey. Spread as many conspiracy theories as possible, Alex Jones-style, and at least one is bound to stick with the sycophantic Trump fanbase. These lost causes are so in love with Trump that many believe Seth Rich's own parents helped cover up their own son's murder in order to keep Hillary from going to jail.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/17/u...ellie-ohr.html
                      Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; August 18, 2018, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• DOJ seeking to halt a lawsuit which would require the Trump Hotel in DC to release its financial records. They say this lawsuit would "impair the President's abilities to perform his job". Even though he's supposed to have nothing to do with any Trump Org businesses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Wrong. Ohr was worried about confidential Russian sources being exposed.

But hey. Spread as many conspiracy theories as possible, Alex Jones-style, and at least one is bound to stick with the sycophantic Trump fanbase. These lost causes are so in love with Trump that many believe Seth Rich's own parents helped cover up their own son's murder in order to keep Hillary from going to jail.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/17/u...ellie-ohr.html
                          I just went through that entire piece twice, never once does it mention a statement from Ohr that he was trying to protect confidential Russian sources lol

i also laughted that the Times calls Ohr a little known mid level DOJ employee. This is as about dishonest as the Times can get.
                          Last edited by Kapture1; August 18, 2018, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• White House plans to continue revoking security clearance to those Trump deems his 'enemies'. They will announce them at "strategic times" to distract from unfavorable news (e. g. Omarosa tapes). This suggests the revocations have no basis in national security concerns and are instead entirely political.

Comment

• Concerned that Trump and his personal lawyers were setting him up to be the fall guy, Don McGahn (White House Counsel) has been spilling his guts to Mueller

The White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn II, was a witness to key episodes being scrutinized in the case. His cooperation with investigators is unusual.

Comment

• Poor WingsFan

Engjkk...enngk...bzzzt!

Comment

Working...
                                X