No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiz, I have been in a Turkish prison. Only as a guest, but if you have any questions I'm here and happy to answer them. Hourly consultation rate is $1000.

Comment

• That story about Khashoggi is some gruesome shit. Agree with Hack on trusting the Turks on this. If this is actually the real story, these people are ghoulish and tremendously stupid.

Comment

• Wait, did I read that right? Kapture fully supports the DJT tact with the Saudis? Gotta say I am shocked, SHOCKED at that.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I could easily imagine some of it IS the real story, but Erdogan is going to milk it, and we know what approach to the truth that implies. No matter what, though, Saudi is certainly ghoulish. The most alien place on Earth, and the biggest exporter of hate and terror.

Comment

• One of the papers in Britain was saying it had less to do with anything he wrote in the Post and more to do with a business relationship gone wrong with his family and MBS.

Comment

• The whole "using the fingerprint to unlock his apple watch, and the recordings from his watch was captured on his phone that his fiance had out in the parking lot" doesn't meet the sniff test. There is no unlocking an apple watch with a fingerprint, and 4G doesn't work for apple watches in Turkey. He would have either had to have his phone on him, or typed in the password in both the phone and his watch of the consulate wifi, which is highly doubtful.

Comment

• Indicted Congressman Chris Collins raised a mere $80 from constituents this past quarter and only $33,000 overall (outside money). A recent poll showed him up only 3 points in a Trump +25 district.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                  Wiz, I have been in a Turkish prison. Only as a guest, but if you have any questions I'm here and happy to answer them. Hourly consultation rate is $1000.
                  Ever seen a grown man naked?
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    Indicted Congressman Chris Collins raised a mere $80 from constituents this past quarter and only $33,000 overall (outside money). A recent poll showed him up only 3 points in a Trump +25 district.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politi...ll-fundraising
                    the fact that he is up after being indicted is impressive, don't care how Trump the district is.

Comment

• True story: last line cut from the movie was ``Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit Wiz' wife".

They went with glue instead.

Comment

• Given Erdogan's brutal control of the country he reigns over, it would not be beyond possibility that the agents that murdered Kashogi were Turks.

The political relationship between Saudi and Turkey isn't great, in fact it's terrible. Erdogan has gone so far as to call the Saudi's non-Islamic. Turkey has a long history of skull duggery the worst of it coming during the period of the Ottoman Empire but this is a seedy culture if you want to compare it to the typical cultures of the West where integrity and straighforwardness is a bit more present.

I can see the benefit to Erdogan on many levels of creating an international crisis for the House of Saud with the murder of Kashogi then to suggest it was the work of the Saudi's themselves.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Well, I dunno. He died in a consulate. Can you think of a reason why the Saudis would allow the Turks to murder him in a building in which the Saudis have formal sovereignty? Obviously this is a complex topic. But, bottom line, for various reasons personal and political, Turkey is on Team Qatar at the moment.

Overall, I think the West has just done a better job creating institutions that legitimize its might-makes-right behavior, and in the past spent money on education so that most of us at citizens can recognize the value of living in a rules-based environment, in a way that Turks, Saudis and Kapture types have not.

Comment

True story: last line cut from the movie was ``Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit Wiz' wife".

They went with glue instead.
                            hack:

you complete me
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Well, I dunno. He died in a consulate. Can you think of a reason why the Saudis would allow the Turks to murder him in a building in which the Saudis have formal sovereignty? Obviously this is a complex topic.
                              Let's see, mutually beneficial to start and then the deal goes horribly wrong?

So the Saudis agree to let the Turks talk to Kashogi and to keep things on the up & up, they agree to talk to him in the Saudi Consulate. Kashogi agrees to come. Who knows what the reason for the Turks wanting to talk to him are but he's in Turkey, more or less a Saudi out-cast. Maybe they don't want him there. But during the talk, Kashogi has a heart attack and dies. Now what? We don't want this shit on us so, they conveniently and to their benefit lay it on the Saudis.

The entire set of disclosures so far looks a bit crude, grotesquely faked and contrived to me. The evidence we are being tantalized with pointing to Saudi wrong-doing is too good to be true. There's a good chance this was either a huge fuck-up by the Saudis (he unexpectedly died during interrogation) who are striving to cover their asses or it was a planned subterfuge by Erdogan and his cronies, the purpose of which was to create an international crisis destabilizing to the House of Saud.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

hack:

you complete me
                                Could somebody put a frickin' bell on him?

Comment

Working...
                                X