Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An honorable request. My contribution:

Almost every classic text on writing recommends the simple solution over a complex alternative. When it comes to word choices, prose is improved in most circumstances when complicated alternatives such as connivance are rejected for words such as plot, scheme, or conspiracy.

Comment

• Excellent work, hack. Although, that's more a paraphrase of Mark Twain than an original thought.

Tomorrow's word will be "plagiarism".

Plagiarism.
      Last edited by AlabamAlum; September 27, 2018, 09:32 AM.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I prefer the Egg McMuffin. If you going with a breakfast sandwich with sausage, the Sausage Egg Crossainwich from BK is far superior than McDonalds. That's science.

Comment

• Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is thief, all kill for inspiration and then sing about their grief

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            I prefer the Egg McMuffin. If you going with a breakfast sandwich with sausage, the Sausage Egg Crossainwich from BK is far superior than McDonalds. That's science.
            This is a bad take. Burger King uses grade B sausage and microwaves their faux croissants.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It is no connivance on my part to claim the thought as my own. I am but a simple purveyor of complete nonsense, as well as facts deemed relevant at the time.

Comment

Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is thief, all kill for inspiration and then sing about their grief
                It's all right. It's all right. It's ALL right.

She moves in mysterious ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

This is a bad take. Burger King uses grade B sausage and microwaves their faux croissants.
                  Who can argue with this "logic"?

Comment

Who can argue with this "logic"?
                    Nice post, Steve! Good job!

Comment

• And now for my favorite bit of incredibly pompous buffoonery.
                      What Frank Sinatra taught me about art, innocence and experience.

Comment

• I had a BK breakfast sandwich once.

ONCE.

Comment

• Bono is your kindred spirit hack. It's true, it's true.

Comment

• I had one once. I was not moved.

Nothing will ever exceed the magical power of IHOP for me.

Comment

• I was lucky I was born with extremely cheap taste in food. To me nothing beats the simple pleasure of a gas station cheeseburger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Lulz. No surprise there.

Comment

Working...
                                X