No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its not a silent majority, its durable minority. Nixon had a silent majority. His true 5th avenue shooting claim does not speak well of that crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

The silent majority of which you speak has been largely overrun by demographic change. Texas was two percentage points away from throwing out a scandal-free Republican Senator last year.
      lol...Trump's certainly accomplished more than Cruz has in 8 years in DC

Comment

• Cruz is a Senator so that's not a great head-to-head comparison.

At any rate, a state that is known for being right wing, Libertarian, and massively in love with guns came within 2 percentage points of giving a hard Left candidate a statewide seat last year, and it was not due to a scandal or some other massive fuckup by Cruz. Anybody ignoring this because they think that it is some sort of outlier is kidding themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          Its not a silent majority, its durable minority. Nixon had a silent majority. His true 5th avenue shooting claim does not speak well of that crowd.
          It's not really durable. It's shrinking.

Comment

• Rep. Tom Graves (R-GA) quitting. Very close ally of Kevin McCarthy and he's pretty young to boot, so this is pretty unusual. He was part of the 2010 "Tea Party Class" and like so many of those guys, perhaps he's had trouble adjusting to being in the minority and having to lick Trump's taint daily.

Safe R district though. Not a potential Dem pickup.

Comment

• My boy Jim Geraghty (not Hannibal's boy) at the NRO (not Hannibal's outlet) with a nice piece on good things in the world:

I'd recommend reading it for the scientific advancements/potential alone. The CO2 eating e coli is mind-blowing. SCIENCE!!!!, Bitches!
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

It's not really durable. It's shrinking.
                Its very durable, 42 percent no matter what he does. I know your personal hobby horse is the shrinking demographics that are going to send you to the liberal re-education camps but I think you are safe for a very long time.

Cruz was and is a terrible candidate.

Comment

• Biden got into an angry confrontation with a voter at a town hall in Iowa. Guy told him "I've got two problems with you: You're too old and you set up a job for your son in Ukraine" Biden responded with "You're a damn liar" and it was all downhill from there. Video will be easy to find pretty soon, I imagine.

Comment

• This is the third time and third different Senator that Trump has gotten to block passage of the bill recognizing the Armenian genocide. This bill passed almost unanimously in the House. Kevin Cramer literally co-sponsored a virtually identical bill in 2017 yet here he is, doing Trump's bidding.

https://www.axios.com/kevin-cramer-a...117d8c8b8.html

Comment

• Just a crazy.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• That's nearby, DSL. Well, relatively. I must, I respect his industrious efforts. I'm not sure how hard it is to acquire fissionable material, though. So, the efforts, while noble, were perhaps doomed to fail.

Comment

• Had a guy once come into my ED and said he had been exposed to radiation. Immediately thought of him. Turns out radioactive delusions are a thing with random crazies.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• AA;

Please give me a nice moment and confirm that your Dr M friend has completely and totally thrown in the towel.

Comment

• He won't really talk football anymore. I did mention that Bama and M may play and he said, "Well, that's just fucking great."

He has been touting basketball, though. So, I have that in my hip pocket hoping it's a card I can play in March.

Comment

Working...
                              X