Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
    Loops, you should shut down the Uber business for a while too. I was Ubering on weekends to pile up cash to help put the last kid through college and get out of my wife's hair for a while. I was averaging about $350 (gross) on a Friday and Saturday night and quit after last Friday. There is no way to keep from being exposed if you are picking up strangers and confining them in your car. I figure my market, which isn't very busy anyway, will be really slow anyway, but I decided it isn't worth the risk. There is no way to keep the car sanitized and to protect yourself.
    Yeah, I'm probably leaning that way. Almost all the jobs I had leads on have been put on hold within the last week. I have one I'm holding out hope for, a hipster startup in AA that one of their main duties is analyzing network traffic for some of the ISPs for Netflix.

Comment

• And bought some groceries yesterday. Stores were packed, restaurants with long wait times. Theaters packed.

And the idiots hoarding toilet paper, which is made in the south for the most part, and we are in no danger of running out, that is, unless people buy carloads of it and hoard it. Such an unnecessary, stupid thing.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The entire state of New York, not just the City the ENTIRE state, has 19,000 unfilled hospital beds as of friday. There's only a little more than 3,000 ICUs total. The city is already talking about moving patients to upstate hospitals because those in the city are unlikely to handle the load if the current trajectory holds.
        Someone on here has been screaming about capacity, too. Again, it's not the system's fault -- it would be a remarkably stupid system that holds open 25% of its beds or ICUs "just in case" we get hit with a multi-generational pandemic. But, it's a huge problem.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• My wife is on the front lines of this and the topic of the day yesterday for her conference call was getting people who haven't been fit tested for masks fit tested. I had a faulty assumption that those masks are are generic fits, but that is a false assumption. There is a class you have to take to be able to properly fit test a worker, also a test will waste a mask and they are low on supply.

Unrelated to that, I read a piece on the national strategic medical masks reserve. Like Canada's stategic maple syrup reserve I never knew it existed.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            And bought some groceries yesterday. Stores were packed, restaurants with long wait times. Theaters packed.

And the idiots hoarding toilet paper, which is made in the south for the most part, and we are in no danger of running out, that is, unless people buy carloads of it and hoard it. Such an unnecessary, stupid thing.
            I seriously don't get the toilet paper run. Was there some news story that was the catalyst for this? If you asked things I would need to hole up for a couple weeks I would not list toilet paper.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

I seriously don't get the toilet paper run. Was there some news story that was the catalyst for this? If you asked things I would need to hole up for a couple weeks I would not list toilet paper.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Comment

• Yeah they normally have the unit secretaries do the tests but they were having trouble finding people for the weekend that had taken the class to get the ball rolling.

Comment

• I can see the hand sanitizer run, that makes sense.

Comment

• I work for a hospital as a shuttle driver for cancer patients part time on a per-diem (as needed) basis. I told my boss (RN) on Friday that I will not be returning to work due to my risk factors until this thing subsides.

Today, she posted this article. I'm thinking I made the right decision.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Even hand sanitizer to me is silly. Go to your liquor store and buy a cheap bottle of 100 proof or better grain alcohol.

For example, a liter bottle of Everclear will make about a liter and a half of hand sanitizer. Throw some lanolin and fragrance in it if you want. Use plastic water bottles as containers. Super cheap and super easy.

Comment

• My in-laws went the grain alcohol route.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I've never really bought hand sanitizer but it would be nice to have some right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X