Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Talent's tip of the day:

When restocking Mint Milanos, don't be shy. I've found the corona quarantine exacerbates hateful and bitter wrath when staple items run low. My Mint Milano recommendation is x3 wherein x is the sensible number of packages to procure.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I have full size $100,000 candy bars and cases of aged spirits. This will be the new currency in our post apocalyptic world.
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• This is a pretty explosive accusation for Whitmer to be making. Hope she has receipts

Whitmer: Feds are telling vendors to not send supplies to Michigan

Comment

• And Trump just put out a statement where is supposedly invoking he DPA and ordering GM to make ventilators.

Comment

• The logarithmic increase in the US. March 2 to March 10 (100 to 1000). March 10 to March 18 (1000 to 10000). March 18 to March 27 (10000 to 100000). For those scoring at home, that's about 9 days per 10X increase. I repeat, 9 days=10X. So, you know, by April 14 we're looking at 10M cases.

I guess if there's an upside to this, it's going to run through us faster than foreign water. This 12-18 month fairy tale doesn't seem particularly likely to hold. I hope that it eventually starts to flatten, but I doubt it's going to much flattening in the next 9 days. I fully expect 1M cases by April 4 and if I were forced to bet, I'd say 10M by April 14. I would pretty much assume you're going to get it sooner rather than later and hope to christ you don't end up needing a ventilator. If we're at 10M in 18 days then our mortality rate won't be 1%.

So, yeah, keep your fingers crossed. If you know and are close to 100 people, you're gonna lose 1 or a few. The cake has been baked since December. I firmly believe that.
            Last edited by iam416; March 27, 2020, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• And Trump just put out a statement where is supposedly invoking he DPA and ordering GM to make ventilators.
              Isn't this at least in part what Cuomo was begging him to do? Don't get me wrong -- I don't the DPA is at all applicable to pandemics. However, I also realize this probably isn't the time to get hung up on proper statutory authority and what legislation actually says. So, isn't this exactly what desperate states want?

Comment

• DeWine says that Ohio is looking at a peak of 10,000 cases per day in May. I say it's coming faster than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Isn't this at least in part what Cuomo was begging him to do? Don't get me wrong -- I don't the DPA is at all applicable to pandemics. However, I also realize this probably isn't the time to get hung up on proper statutory authority and what legislation actually says. So, isn't this exactly what desperate states want?
                  Yes, Cuomo has been pleading daily for it for a while. Others too. It just got me to raise my eyebrows a bit because he hasn't shown any signs of really doing it until today when he had that morning tirade bashing GM and Mary Barra.

Comment

• GM was already planning on making them in Kokomo. He is just and angry and clueless guy. Let's see if he actually follows through, he is a lot of talk and little action. But if you do put it into action, don't just stop at ventilators.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Yes, Cuomo has been pleading daily for it for a while. Others too. It just got me to raise my eyebrows a bit because he hasn't shown any signs of really doing it until today when he had that morning tirade bashing GM and Mary Barra.
                      The biggest point of this whole kerfuffle is the Federal government needs to be coordinating this, having states outbid each other for these supplies is madness.

Comment

• Not sure it's wise of Trump to host a signing ceremony in the Oval office with a bunch of people crowded in. May be one time the Dems don't mind that none of them were invited.

Comment

• President Dumbfuck was just asked by the press what he would like to see the governors of New York, Michigan and Washington do next.

"Be appreciative."

No offer of guidance. No offer of a plan. No suggestions or substance. KISS MY RING!!!!
                          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                            President Dumbfuck was just asked by the press what he would like to see the governors of New York, Michigan and Washington do next.

"Be appreciative."

No offer of guidance. No offer of a plan. No suggestions or substance. KISS MY RING!!!!
                            And on that subject.....from Crain's Detroit Business

snip: "When the federal government told us that we needed to go it ourselves, we started procuring every item we could get our hands on," Whitmer said Friday on WWJ 950AM. "What I've gotten back is that vendors with whom we had contracts are now being told not to send stuff here to Michigan. It's really concerning."
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• While everyone is dealing with coronavirus. Trump's EPA is busy.

EPA is refusing to extend deadlines on public comment during the coronavirus. This despite AGs from 13 states asking to an extension of a 120 days.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X