No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• point being wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't a concentrated effort voice the same words by multiple leftists. as religious as most African americans are--a great many practicing Christians Baptists etc I wonder why the left would consciously slight Christians by by refusing to say Christian. African americans are about as fervent followers of Jesus Christ as you can get

Comment

• they also vote for Dems 92-8, despite the left's stance on abortion for example. Religion matters less than party.

Comment

• Here's a FoxNews headline from just a couple days ago that used the phrase w/ regard to Notre Dame

D4uBHpbW4AAkuPK.jpg:small.jpg

Why was Fox afraid to say "Christians"? How offensive.

Comment

• NBC reporter ambushed Mueller outside of his church this Sunday while he was there praying with family

Patricia Heaton made it clear that she was not impressed by MSNBC, scolding the outlet for ambushing special counsel Robert Mueller as he left Easter services.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            Here's a FoxNews headline from just a couple days ago that used the phrase w/ regard to Notre Dame

D4uBHpbW4AAkuPK.jpg:small.jpg

Why was Fox afraid to say "Christians"? How offensive.
            they are turning left quickly. they just hired Donna Brazile afterall

Comment

• on it's surface, you have to find it odd that on the holiest day of the year, a Islamic terrorist attack on Christians killing over 200, there was some top down messaging stating "don't say the word Christian or Islam"
              Last edited by Kapture1; April 22, 2019, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

point is they wouldn't say "attack on Ramadan worshippers", they would say the "Attack on X and the global Muslim community."
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• "War is the continuation of politics by other means ........" Carl von Clausewitz.

Following Trump's bluster, which most analysts think is just that since he has contradicted State on the matter, the Iranians have predictably threatened to close the Straits of Hormuz if their oil shipments (exports) are threatened. Which means that the Iranians intend to sell and ship oil unencumbered by anything the US president thinks he can do to stop them.

Trump is playing big boy games from the kiddy table. He's going to get his knuckles whacked.

Strategically, here's what we are talking about:

With the threat of conflict in the Straits, oil prices will sky-rocket. The Arab states will benefit so, they will play this and Trump in the process.

I've been watching US military readiness for a while now. I'm not sure the US can project an appropriate amount of naval power - a show of force - to cause the Iranians to back off. Moreover, doing so is going to place combatants from both sides in very dangerous circumstances where a slight misjudgment by operational commanders - the guys driving the boats and flying the aircraft off carriers - in the region could end up unwittingly in a hot engagement.

Right now, the Dow appears stable but it's got a few hours and tomorrow to absorb this news and tank.

I think we are finally seeing how dangerous Trump's knee-jerk statements affecting critical policy can be.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Hassan Whiteside paid $2.75 million to ex-girlfriend Alexis Gardner in a legal settlement. Prosecutors say lawyer Michael Avenatti kept most of it.

Comment

• It depends on the one-upmanship that evolves. It could just be bluster to get Trump to reconsider his recent actions. If the USN were to send a carrier force to the Straits, the Iranians could scuttle a dozen ships and seed mines to shut the Straits long before the USN arrives. The Iranian Navy is not going to take on the USN directly. It would be hit and run - they have suicide speedboats. Small speedy craft fitted with a single surplus Exocet MM40 Block 1 missile. Hug the coast, pop over the horizon and let fly. It'd be enough to prevent clearing operations.
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• #basta

Comment

• Phoenix area growth came to a screeching halt during the housing crisis. But in recent years it has begun accelerating rapidly again (Maricopa County believed to have added over 80,000 people in just the past year). Developments being thrown up so fast that there is talk again of Phoenix and Tucson becoming one massive metropolis of endless sprawl

A 2005 prediction for Phoenix and Tucson to merge seemed far fetched when the housing crash hit. But now, the Valley is on another growth streak.

Comment

• Trump has tweeted twice about Sri Lanka and in neither tweet did he emphasize the Christianity of the victims. In his first he simply called them "people". How many people who think the term "Easter Worshipers" downplays their Christianity are equally outraged about Trump just calling them "people"? Guessing none

Comment

• OMG HE CALLED THEM PEOPLE!!!!

WAIT, YOU JUST CALLED ME PEOPLE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                                OMG HE CALLED THEM PEOPLE!!!!

WAIT, YOU JUST CALLED ME PEOPLE!!!

I want to be clear: I'm not complaining about anything he said there. YOU are the one bitching and moaning with fake outrage about the term "Easter worshiper" because you supposedly think that obscures the fact they were Christians. I'm simply pointing out that "people" obscures the religion of the victims a lot more than "Easter worshiper" does. And very predictably you haven't the slightest problem with Trump's term. You're just pursuing rightwing fake outrage to turn this into a partisan issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X