No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I said 2 million US deaths...not worldwide.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• ...soooo...you are saying a 40% US infection rate...132 million US infections? What do you base that on?
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• And that's why I'm particularly confused by PDJT overselling good news. There won't be good news. In this case, it's far better, politically, to undersell and overdeliver. There will be no overdelivering. There will only be complete disaster.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I said 2 million US deaths...not worldwide.
          2M US deaths would be a different question. I could see something lower. I could see something way higher. I'm not sure which way I'd go on that. But, AA was talking global deaths, not US deaths.

.soooo...you are saying a 40% US infection rate...132 million US infections? What do you base that on?
          Nothing, really. Other than the fact that we have no immunity to a relatively contagious disease. The only long-term solutions are (a) vaccine; (b) antiviral treatment; or (c) herd immunity. My guess is that (c) is going to happen first. And that's going to be a pretty high infection rate. 40% seems about right to me.

But, there's nothing to be done to avoid the ultimate reckoning. We can stay inside all we want and that may flatten things and give our medical resources a better chance to save lives. But once we go outside again it's there. And we're still defenseless.

It's like, you know -- it's like UNL's 2007 game at Kansas. The Huskerz offense could take time off the clock and maybe score, but as soon as they gave the ball back to the Mighty Jayhawk the vaunted blackshirts were going to get assraped. Humanity is the blackshirt defense and the coronavirus is the 2007 Jayhawks. We're about to get 76 dropped on our ass.

Comment

• fucker
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Sass is all I have left.

Comment

• I've seen numbers recently as low as 80,000 by July...and at the high end of 2.2 million. At this point it's all conjecture. To put it into analogy...it's like when the BuckNutz had the Huskerz on the ropes in 2011...the virus was Rex Burkhead...the Nutz had the virus under control...but let it slip away...so I guess it could happen.

...or it could be like Bauserman...you just throw it up and hope for the best...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I'm in a pretty dark place. Comparing our chances to the chances of the 2007 blackshirts stopping anyone, let alone the Mighty Jayhawk is pretty damn pessimistic. However, comparing or chances to Joe Bausermann's chances of running a competent offense is a bridge too far for me. I haven't given up entirely. I still have a sliver of hope,.

If we are, in fact, Bausermann'd, then I'd expect roughly 7.75B deaths.

Comment

• The US is at 1300 deaths as of yesterday and we're doubling deaths every 2.5 days or so. By this time next week we will be over 10,000 deaths. If that is what actually happens then the 80,000 lowball number is preposterous. That's the reality of this thing. And once you start doubling 5-digit numbers it's not too long before you get to 6 and 7-digit numbers.

Comment

• Last edited by AlabamAlum; March 27, 2020, 10:05 AM.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Thirded
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I concur in judgment, but dissent with respect to Part IV.

Comment

• Motion denied.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• And with that cheery bit of opinion, I have some things to do.

Later, gentlemen (and Wiz).
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X