No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The libertarians are going to fuck PDJT (and Perdue) in Georgia. Heh. Goddamn third party idiots.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      I'd like to know where you're getting your NC numbers. It's been reported all over the place and post here on multiple occasions that it's 117,000.
      NPR

As of 11:30 a.m. ET on Nov. 5, an estimated 1.8 million votes remain uncounted in four key states:

One = 10,000 votes
      GEORGIA
      50,000 uncounted votes

NORTH CAROLINA
      348,000 uncounted votes

NEVADA
      398,000 uncounted votes

PENNSYLVANIA
      956,000 uncounted votes
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• From NYT

David Perdue has fallen under the 50 percent threshold to avoid a runoff in Georgia’s Senate race. He’s at 49.9997 percent — 141 votes short of winning outright with more votes still to be counted from Democratic areas.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I'm not sure NC even knows how many are left

No numbers out of Georgia at noon. Possibly 3 PM now. I think they want to do the rest all at once and not the small trickle that's been happening.

Nevada released its first batch. Biden's lead grows to around 11,500 from 7,800. The rural counties are almost all finished supposedly. Just Clark and a little bit of Washoe left.

Comment

• Oh and talent I misled you about Allegheny County. They are not counting anything today. The remaining ballots (close to 35,000) include a bunch of replacement ballots that were sent to people when the original version were f'd up (sort of like what happened here in Franklin). The poll workers are being trained on what they need to check for in that group and every voter will need to be checked to see if anyone voted twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Truth. Some of the loudest accusers of folks like me live in Wayne County, and just turned aside a highly qualified african american gentleman in favor of a male white democrat.
              Hey- wait- I live in Wayne County!

But, I do agree that the brightest stars in the galaxy aren't to found in and around here. Another case in point was in the Representative race here. The absolutely insufferable Haley "I managed Obama's Bailout" Stevens was trailing by up to 10 points as late as yesterday afternoon. Of course, she ended up winning.

Comment

• Trying to make more sense of the Georgia situation.

Numbers this morning:
                Trump - 2,431,724
                Biden - 2,413,184
                Trump +18,540

Then Georgia had a press conference a few hours ago saying the number of outstanding votes was 61,377.

Now the numbers are at:
                Trump - 2,436,007
                Biden - 2,422,467
                Trump +13,540

13,566 of the 61,377 estimated remaining ballots as of this morning has been added. Though Fulton county just had a press conference and it sounds like they won't have that much to add. Fulton = heavy Biden.

47,811 votes remaining?
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• On Sweden and Covid: agree with Hannibal. I'd add the current global surge reflects the natural course of the virus spreading among a host without immunity + exponential growth. New cases will rise and fall cyclically with degree dependent on mitigation measure.

Nothing has changed. CFR will remain slightly below 2. Deaths will depend on how well localities protect the vulnerable and the vulnerable protect themselves. In all cases total deaths will continue to decline secondary to improved medical management

Can't change this reality but by trying to take inappropriate, unbalanced mitigation measures to fight it, you can fuck over your economy.

Simple.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• America held hostage Day 3
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Cody- About a half hour ago the Georgia Sec of State tweeted that there are 50,401 ballots left. Current margin is 13,540

Would mean Biden first needs 13,540 of those and then roughly 18,432 (half of what'd be left + 1)

That's about 63.44%. But that doesn't include provisionals (almost 3,000 in Fulton alone from what I hear) and the last few military ballots that could trickle in.

Comment

• Eh. I was close to that Georgia estimate.

So Nevada won’t be called until tomorrow. Clark County will submit 50k votes tomorrow around 1pm Est.
                        All of those votes are mixed between mail-in and dropped off ballots. Favorable for Biden?

Correct me if I’m wrong. Time table of calling states sounds like:
                        Georgia (today), North Carolina (today), Arizona (today/ tonight), Nevada (tomorrow), and Pennsylvania (days away).
                        Followed by legal action. Pennsylvania legal action is the only legit thing I’ve heard (counting ballots there were dropped off late?).
                        Michigan, Wisconsin, etc... no, nothing notable for legal changes.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• If the rest of the Clark County vote looks like today's smaller batch (Biden netted around 4000 votes) then Trump doesn't have much hope there.

Comment

• Great news about Gary Peters and Haley Stevens winning re-election.

Comment

• Why? What has either one of them done? I'll wait offline for the answer.

Comment

• ...crickets chirping...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X