Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
    And just one more comment on the media. The real fight is not Republican or Democrat (despite the way both sides want to be that). As long as whoever is in charge is of the establishment then the media is fine with it. Being of the establishment means that life for them won't change much. The donor class contributes heavily to both parties to make sure it stays that way. Sure one party might be into more identity politics and diversity (in an incremental way) but as long as the fundamentals don't change they don't care.

When someone comes to challenge the establishment, that is when they go after them all guns firing. They are out of touch with the anger that is down on the grassroots level. Trump's behaivor (among other things) just gives them more to go after.
    For further details, see Nixon, Richard (1913-1994)

Comment

• What's funny about that is neither Nixon nor Trump wanted to destroy the "Establishment". They yearned to be accepted by it. Their massive, raging inferiority complexes drove them through life. Nixon wanted to hang out with the WASPs at their country clubs. Trump wanted to get invited to the best Manhattan parties and get the stink of Queens off him. Anyone who genuinely thinks Trump prefers hanging out with construction workers over Hollywood celebrities is fooling themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
        Delusional Bernie Bro responds to delusional Trumpster. News at eleven
        ????? Are you talking about me?
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I think I was the delusional Trump supporter in that equation. Heh.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Obviously, the Entertainment and Media Establishment will never accept PDJT. He is a R, and that group is wildly left. So, yeah. No shit.

Comment

• How screwed are we from this....a good video overview here... Saagar is a conservative while Krystal Ball is a progressive

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• It's probably decreasing testing-related, but third straight day with a decrease growth rate. The deaths are starting to come, though.

Comment

• Also, congratulations to China. Only 500 news cases since March 20. What a tremendous, tremendous job by President Xi and the Chinese people. They have the secret sauce to beating this thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Also, congratulations to China. Only 500 news cases since March 20. What a tremendous, tremendous job by President Xi and the Chinese people. They have the secret sauce to beating this thing.
                    I heard driving to work today that China acknowledged that they haven't been counting asymptomatic positives as part of their case total but would be going forward. Hmmmmm

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I heard driving to work today that China acknowledged that they haven't been counting asymptomatic positives as part of their case total but would be going forward. Hmmmmm
                        Ah, my bad. Edit -- Also, congratulations to China. Only 500 news SYMPTOMATIC cases since March 20. What a tremendous, tremendous job by President Xi and the Chinese people. They have the secret sauce to beating this thing.

Comment

• In the US, the NYC metro area is essentially the US. It's roughly half of everything (for now). And, TBH, I'm not sure how much there was to be done once corona hit an area so densely populated. I personally think the NYC Metro was fucked. Now, de Blasio, Cuomo and PDJT didn't act to shut things down pre-emptively -- like Governor DeWine. But, shutting down NYC is a little different from canceling "The Arnold." So, I don't even blame the politicians. I'm more of the mind that NYC was just fucked. Same can be said for New Orleans.

Now, there is no excuse for some other spots in the country.

Comment

• The Director of Radiology at the Wexner Center has died from it

Comment

• 2 minute test coming out.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• China%2BVirus.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X