No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're not helping your argument by insisting to tell Jeff that Trump is "his champion". Jeff is on record here for a long time now, as firmly off the Trump train, and in the Biden camp. But, its fine with me if you want to continue to foolishly claim that he is. Makes you 'really credible'.

You'd be more accurate in painting me with the "Trump champion' thingie. I held my nose and voted for the man again, in spite of my reservations against him. I'm still not convinced that Kamala will be better.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Hey Wiz!
      123838471_10214597769816642_5999836292292059103_n.jpg
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I don't mind Trump playing this out in the courts, as long as a peaceful transition of power occurs, and as long as Republican leaders and commentators (e.g. Tucker Carlson) move on from the election and focus on midterms and 2024. There are still a lot of shenanigans going on in 95% Democrat strongholds where a Democrat political machine has completely controlled the city for 50 years. Exposing these shenanigans won't change the result this time, but it may pay dividends in the future.

As with any loss, there needs to be a lot of soul searching and introspection on why Trump lost. There is going to be a very, very strong movement spearheaded by completely worthless cuckolds like Mitt Romney and John Kasich to shift the Republican Party back to the catastrophic Bush/McCain paradigm. I hope that new R leaders will emerge to squash that narrative quickly and authoritatively. Talent posted an NRO article that, for once, was surprisingly even-handed about Trump and Trumpism. This is the attitude that the Republicans need to embrace. America first, secure borders, judicious use of the military, job creation, anti-Political correctness, and anti-Communism. Unfortunately, fiscal Libertarianism is dead and that means that the Republicans need to ditch tax cuts and embrace big government, public sector unions, and a lot of other stuff that is going to bankrupt us in the future unless we drastically downsize our military and adopt an approach more like what Canada has.

The end net result of Donald Trump being the figurehead of the Rs was that the Ds ended up as a slight majority in the House and the Rs still control the Senate. We also got three judges better than John Roberts, and what appears to be a strong youth movement (the right wing zoomers) that I think will pay dividends as early as 10 years from now, the same way that Obama, John Stewart, and Steven Colbert produced a far Left wing millenial generation. That is clearly paying dividends for the Ds.

Biden winning appears to have been a very Pyrrhic victory for the Left. It took everything that they had, from money to credibility. There is not a single Left Wing institution that looks more credible or attractive to the public than they did four years ago. Polling outfits were embarrassed. Fake News became a necessary part of the American lingo. Social media was forced to play their hand and resort to blatant censorship. We got rid of the Bush family. We got rid of Paul Ryan. There were some victories to celebrate. DJT is a deeply flawed man, but I don't regret either of my Trump votes one bit. I regret though that Trump could never shift out of campaign mode and be a chief executive. It was his undoing. The guy who can deliver the same message with the same authority, but not embarrass his constituents when it comes to being in charge of the executive branch is the Republican unicorn.
        Last edited by Hannibal; November 7, 2020, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          You're not helping your argument by insisting to tell Jeff that Trump is "his champion". Jeff is on record here for a long time now, as firmly off the Trump train, and in the Biden camp. But, its fine with me if you want to continue to foolishly claim that he is. Makes you 'really credible'.

You'd be more accurate in painting me with the "Trump champion' thingie. I held my nose and voted for the man again, in spite of my reservations against him. I'm still not convinced that Kamala will be better.
          I don't actually care it helps my argument. You are arguing about a county sheriff race that is probably never in doubt.

Nobody was in the voting booth with Jeff but I firmly believe he voted for Trump. Any of his public statements distancing himself from Trump were in my view virtue signaling. This is a message board, lighten up Francis. I don't see you jumping to the defense of other people when talent talks about my supposed champion AOC.
          Last edited by froot loops; November 7, 2020, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

I'd vote for Nikki Haley in a heartbeat. I think a good running mate for her would be Marco Rubio. Two very level headed people who are very bright, youthful, and not hard right.
            You might as well vote for George W. Bush again TBH. If that's what you want then fine, but Haley will be weak, and so will Rubio.

Comment

• Also -- side note -- remember the vague warnings about the danger to vulnerable Senators in confirming Amy Coney Barrett? As I predicted, that was utter horseshit and, if anything, confirming ACB secured their reelections. McConnell mopped the floor with his opponent and Ernst and Graham won handily despite the money poured into the Senate races. Michael Bloomberg has next to nothing to show for the few hundred million bucks that he spent. Tillis overcame the odds and won too. It just goes to show you that the Republicans should absolutely, under no circumstances, never ever ever take electoral advice from the Liberal media or any of their other enemies.
              Last edited by Hannibal; November 7, 2020, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Our sheriff race here likely favored the incumbent. He was just elected a few years ago, and he comes from a well-known and respected family and his dad is a former judge here. So yes, he had some built in advantages. The point of the matter is that in spite of the supposed "popularity polls" here in Michigan showing Gretch with good approval ratings, she hasn't been able to shift that into local areas to influence others of her ilk to be elected. You'd think that a highly popular governor would be able to sweep other like-minded people into office with her. But not so. Both the State Senate and House remain in control of the Republicans, and local governments continue to be controlled by R's. IOW, she's not as popular as she thinks she is.

I'll give you a half-point about my defense of Jeff. I'll leave you to him. He can point out your nonsense much better than I can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

You might as well vote for George W. Bush again TBH. If that's what you want then fine, but Haley will be weak, and so will Rubio.
                  My disappointment with Trump has been the throat-slashing of his own supporters that has turned me off. While I like his tax cuts, his support of Israel, and just generally getting under the skin of Pelosi and Chuck, I do not like how he went after people in his own administration and attempted to destroy them for simply disagreeing with him. And if I would have been his chief of staff, I would have taken away his smart phone and flushed it down the toilet. I would have never let him tweet as much as a birthday greeting.

When he's officially lost this election, he will have nobody to blame but himself. The man is an asshole, but that alone does not disqualify him to be President. Obama is an asshole. So was Nixon, Lyndon Johnson, and Bill Clinton. All were assholes, but they all won the elections that they had to win. Trump let this one get away because it was more important for him to be an asshole, than it was to be President.

Sorry for all the profanity, but I couldn't think of a more adequate word to describe the man.

Comment

• The truth of the matter is they could have passed a CARES act 2 in the summer and Trump would have breezed to a re-election. The GOP would have gain more in both houses. The deal was there to be had in the summer, Pelosi was giving the GOP a gigantic life preserver that would have immensely benefited the the country. She should have taken McConnell's offer last month. Had they not done the original CARES act the Dems would have had a gigantic wave, it would have been a total wipeout like 2008.

Comment

• Biden. You better give me the free $$$. I’m now expecting this promise to be fulfilled.
                      $10,000 student loan forgiveness. I’ve been parked at just under $10k since March.
                      Give. Me. Free. Money. Thanks US voters.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Comment

• Great day for The Resistance.

Comment

• 123652297_1840268569461731_1943480804171326200_o.jpg
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Kamala pulls the best political move in US history.

She'll be President before the end of 2021.

Got to tip your hat to her. Opportunist extraordinaire.

Comment

• DO YOU KNOW ANY GOOD LAWYERS???

EmPM4EdW4AIWBh0?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X