Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Justice Kavanaugh proving once again that the Left’s screeching and gnashing of teeth about him and ACB was way off base.
    And I think that Justice Barrett and Roberts are cut from the same cloth. Most justices like to go their own path once they are seated on the Court. The only ones who have never strayed from the DNC platform have been Kagan and Sotomoyor. Even Breyer has moved toward center occasionally.

I've had some sympathetic feelings toward Breyer recently. Even though the man is solidly liberal, I don't think its fair (or justifiable) that liberal Dems are trying to get him to retire so that Biden can appoint his successor. If the man likes his job, and is able to carry out his duties, there's no reason for him to retire. Leave him alone.

BTW, right after Barrett and Kavanaugh were confirmed, Dems promised to impeach both of them. I wonder when those proceedings begin?
    Last edited by lineygoblue; June 30, 2021, 11:52 AM.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Cosby a free man after the PA Supreme Court overturns his conviction. They say the DA in Montgomery County was bound by an agreement not to prosecute Cosby made by the previous DA. The guy who cut Cosby the sweet deal was Bruce Castor, who you might recall from Trump's second impeachment trial.

Comment

• Fascinating.

Comment

• Trump's USSC choices have pretty much sucked ass. No surprised there, unfortunately, and he has a lot of company when it comes to Republicans who have made some really bad USSC picks.

Comment

• There's actually some interesting stuff in the decision. The court was almost unanimous in overturning his conviction but they were more split on whether he can be retried for the same crimes just with some evidence excluded (they ruled 4-3 he cannot).

At least one of the dissents raises the issue that if a non-prosecutorial agreement is irrevocable it would mean DAs have pardon power and would open the door to all kinds of abuse. And that judge even implies that Castor may have been part of some corrupt deal with Cosby because of his ever-shifting explanations for his actions!!

https://www.inquirer.com/news/bill-c...-20210630.html

Comment

• Doesn't a judge have to approve that kind of a deal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                Doesn't a judge have to approve that kind of a deal?
                I don't really know but I don't think so. In this case I don't think it was even put in writing.

Comment

• Donald Rumsfeld has died

Comment

• That whole Cosby conviction thing has smelled bad from both sides. I think Cosby is probably guilty, but the prosecutors pulled some shenanigans to get a conviction on his second trial after the first trial was declared a mistrial.

I don't think Cosby is a threat to anyone anymore. He's legally blind, and can barely walk without assistance.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Lot going on today. Should get the new unemployment claims numbers in a few minutes...a couple significant Supreme Court decisions at 10...keeping an eye on the Trump stuff

But I forgot to post about this last night. A federal judge has blocked the new Florida social media law on the grounds it violates the 1st Amendment. This is no big surprise but it happened pretty fast.

Comment

• Yeah, sometimes politicians politic and send messages. Speaking of which, I can't imagine Chairman Joe's farcical DOJ lawsuit against Georgia going very far.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• More important than the unemployment numbers...which will be a fucking croc...is that there are still nearly 10 million unfilled jobs in the US...

Great job Chairman Joe...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Not sure what to make of Politicao running a negative piece of the VP, but they did: https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...dissent-497290

It could just be that Ds are quickly coming to Jesus on what a bad politician she really is and, more importantly, that their tokenism may come back to bite them in 2024 or 2028. She's just not a very good politician. I mean, really bad.

Comment

• Progs are taken back by the fact that their efforts to teach the evils of whiteness to schoolchildren have met with hard resistance. First, they claimed it was some sort of faux issue -- "astroturf'd" by Rs. They've now moved on to say completely and utterly misunderstanding the pushback and, of course, characterizing those who don't want condemnation of a race taught in schools as the racists. https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...nti-crt-rules/

It's always a joy to watch Progs get way the fuck out over their skis, claim there's nothing to see there and then go full motte and bailey while ultimately calling any arguement to contrary as racist.

Textbooks shit.

Purple district Ds, man. They're gonna have to push back sooner rather than later. Or perhaps they've just given up on the House already.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

It's always a joy to watch Progs get way the fuck out over their skis, claim there's nothing to see there and then go full motte and bailey while ultimately calling any arguement to contrary as racist.

That's exactly why Willy Wonka had the right idea all along. Let them have a steady supply of rope and a lavish playground and eventually they'll find a way to off themselves..

Comment

Working...
                                X