Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    20+ year survivor. Tough as nails. Fuck cancer.
    Good job!

Comment

• I don't agree with a lot in this article, but I do think it's good example of a Progressive/Democrat actually taking the time to write introspectively and thoughtfullly on an issue (crime) as opposed to the god-awful #hottake black/white pieces that generally abound. https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021...homicides.html

I'm quite sure I'd disagree with him on 75% of his ultimate points, but I'm also quite sure that I could have an actual discussion with the author.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Interesting, the Supreme Court turned away a case called Arlene's Flowers which involves a florist who refused to provide a same sex couple flowers for their wedding. Unlike the bakery case, they had been longtime customers of hers. The florist has lost at the lower levels. Alito, Gorsuch, and Thomas say they would've chosen to hear it so it's the Roberts/Kav/Barrett trio who said "nope".

Comment

• So where did you end up getting your flowers DSL?
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• So when do the impeachment proceedings for Kav and Barrett begin? The Dems promised to get rid of both of them. Another Dem promise broken.

I guess maybe they're going to focus on packing the court instead. Problem is, can Giggles and Chairman Joe find 15 nominees that agree with them?
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Today's batch of orders also make clear that Thomas and Gorsuch would probably overturn New York Times v. Sullivan if they could. That's the decision that makes it very difficult for so-called public figures to sue news outlets for defamation.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                I don't agree with a lot in this article, but I do think it's good example of a Progressive/Democrat actually taking the time to write introspectively and thoughtfullly on an issue (crime) as opposed to the god-awful #hottake black/white pieces that generally abound. https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021...homicides.html

I'm quite sure I'd disagree with him on 75% of his ultimate points, but I'm also quite sure that I could have an actual discussion with the author.
                Good read....... there are several underlying assumptions that the author makes. One of these is debatable and it would be interesting to hear his take on a challenge to it in the "actual discussion" you propose:

Investing in policing may reduce rates of victimization. But it does so at a price not captured in any fiscal budget: the needless deaths caused by trigger-happy officers; young Black men’s routine experience of harassment, discrimination, and/or nonlethal forms of police violence, and the physical and emotional toll of those experiences.

I think the author has been influenced by the media coverage he derides with that one. I would agree that "young black men are harassed" by police at a higher rate than other races but there are district reasons for that. One of the primary ones is that AA's routinely break basic laws that are designed to create civil order, disregard the need for responsible compliance with authorities, commit crimes at a much higher rate than other races. Those are the facts largely but not exclusively behind "needless deaths" of AAs. The author neglects actual numbers of these "needles deaths." They are actually relatively low.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• lmao
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• ...doing a shitty job...can't accept criticism...not allowed to take the last shot...PLAY THE RACE CARD...

Progs gunna prog...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• She's just a black female Trump. In way over her head, does a crappy job, can not tolerate any criticism justified or not, default defense is blaming racial/political bogeymen, and ardently supported by bigots and hypocrites. Toss out color and gender and you have identical twins.
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• People won't be obsessed with Lightfoot when she's gone..

And Trump hooks up with more attractive women.

Comment

• You'll be seeing stuff like this in your own states news rags in the coming week to 10d because it the 4th coming up, people will be mostly maskless, vaxed or not and, you can expect a surge becasue Deltas are out there people!!!!!. There may not be a surge at all and if there is any increaes, they will be damped by vaccinations. This headline was in this Evening's Sun Sentinel on line paper:

Florida's new COVID infections soar by 35% in past week

Back to basics. Look at context. While the state's positivity rate is up slightly from 4.9% to 5.2%, the increases, if there are any increases, are regional. For example, sparsely populated Bradford Co. just West of Jacksonville had a positivity rate of a whopping 13.9%! Wait they had 43 new cases last week.- that's roughly 309 folks tested. In comparison, Broward Co., encompasses greater Fort Lauderdale, had 1500 new cases (sounds bad) but they ran 38,500 tests for a 3.9% positivity rate. Counties with smaller populations skew the state's total number of positives rendering this nonsense of reporting local case numbers and relating it to state wide positivity wildly misleading.

None of this is explained compared and contrasted anywhere in the news and this sort of expose' that I just did never gets a look. Intelligent people know these kinds of crap headlines make no sense and are nothing but feeding the fear monkey narrative ..... well, the math is hard to understand, I guess.

Here's another way to look at it and sooth nerves. Below you'll fine Hope-Simpson graphics that display three states alleged to be having surges compared to FL. I don't see any worrisome surges in graphs like these - maybe an uptick in cases in MO - but everyone else when you look at it this way is doing just fine.

FL Hope Simpson.PNG
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• BOOGEYMAN GUNNA GITCHA!!!
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Light(head)foot complains about the criticism she gets being Chicago's mayor, and blames it on her race and sex. That holds no water at all because throughout America today, there are black and white women who hold positions of leadership, who are highly respected. So she needs to shut up with that, but she won't because its her favorite crutch.

Here's an idea, madame mayor.

Stop defunding and disarming your law enforcement people. You complain that "illegal guns" are the problem. So, why don't you address that by HIRING MORE POLICE, giving them the training and equipment they need, and then sic them on the bad guys who are bringing in the illegal guns? Let gun traffickers know, that if they come to Chicago to sell guns, your cops are going to be out in full force looking for them. And if they find you, you're going away. For a long time.

Encourage minorities to become cops. Get behind your cops and tell your cops that what they do is honorable, and necessary. Let bad cops know that they'll be prosecuted if they go on the take or abuse people. Get behind the good cops, pay them well, give them good benefits, and give them the equipment, AND SUPPORT they need to do their jobs.

Whatever the heck it is you're doing now isn't working.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• xtwgxjzHrt_XrS_p-esOFWKsZ1pMVCDuTgNjvXgvKWPaJjC3xJNAS_UGrAklQ9MONaQYzY53tnxIrn4=s1024-nd.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X