X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
      BTW -- isn't it interesting how Fortune 500 companies have inserted themselves into all kinds of woke politics, but when it comes to some sort of basic insanity like the City of San Francisco actively refusing to protect their brick and mortar stores and acknowledge the concept of private property, they stay silent?
      the way these major corporations are bowing down to the radical leftist woke mob, I am reminded about the saying of the capitalist will sell the rope used to hang them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

the way these major corporations are bowing down to the radical leftist woke mob, I am reminded about the saying of the capitalist will sell the rope used to hang them.
        I don't think that even Lenin or Marx would have ever envisioned this level of subversion and manufactured insanity being possible.

Comment

• Brought to you by the Citizens United decision, the Dred Scott case of the 21st century.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• And once the USSC is packed with a majority from The Party, all will be wonderful.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Citizens United was and is correct. But, even if you disagree with that, what it has to do with corporations bowing to The Woke is beyond me.
              Last edited by iam416; July 7, 2021, 05:28 AM.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                Citizens United was and is correct. What it has to do with corporations bowing to The Woke is beyond me.
                lmao, CITIZENS UNITED!!!! haha

Comment

• Speaking of misinformation, you cannot trust local new sources to provide accurate information on tropical storms. Admittedly, it's hard to drill down to what is actually going down when these things form off the coast of Africa, like Elsa did, and move in a NW direction through the Caribbean ..... but its not that hard.

Here are the current facts:

Elsa passed over Cuba on Monday and entered the FL straights as a Tropical Storm (max winds of 65mph). At that time it was disorganized and forecasters predicted it would not strengthen much.
                  • As the storm moved in a NW direction it started to curve away from the FL Keys and the FL Peninsula and move into an environment more favorable for development. It did go up and down in strength but for technical reasons that I can even read about, the prevailing view was that it would not sustain as a CAT1 Hurricane. It did reach max Flight Level winds of 80kts (around 70mph) AT FLIGHT LEVEL NOT ON THE GROUND. It was on and off-again a Hurricane for about 6h last night. It is now a TS. You can see it's 5am today position at the link below.
                  • There was a report from a single airport around Fort Meyers that reported an 80mph gust as the eastern portion of the TS passed buy (that's where the strongest winds and worst weather occur). No experts are confirming this (tornadic activity?).
                  • The on shore max winds along the Western side of the FL peninsula held between 45 and 50 kts with sustained winds at 25-35kts ..... NOT A HURRICANE, people. You'd never know this from listening to the local news.
                  • A Hurricane warning was issued for most of the western side of FL. That makes sense because the Emergency Management folks don't want people to not take a TS seriously. Damaging winds and tornadoes happen. So does flooding although the storm surge for ELSA didn't exceed 3-4 feet and that's nothing for most locations.
                  The bottom line is that for these storms, while they are hard to forecast and models can be wrong, for the most part, if you avail yourself of the available products that are easily accessible on line. For folks like me that have a strong and vested property damage interest in these storms, you can appropriately prepare for them.

Sure, I've got some weather interpretation skills that Joe Blow doesn't have so, I get the emergency management's positions on this .... they are way conservative and cautious. But the local and national news grabs on to and cherry picks whatever is scary and goes with it. It is just another example that in an emergency or a crisis, the public has to be very careful about listening to these fools. That's sad.

This is a neat web site if you're interested in storm details. It has links to all manner of maps and plots. The guy that owns the site is a forecaster with NWS Hurricane Center in Miami. He usually does a daily update where he describes what a storm is doing. He did not have an update last night and I think he judged his forecast - which routinely turn out to be very accurate - was running counter to the official word. Better to not do that as the official word is always on the scarier side of things and I get that.

Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; July 7, 2021, 06:26 AM.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• "Critical Race Theory" needs to be replaced by its more accurate description of "Anti-white Racism".

Comment

• Nurturing students’ victim mentality and preparing them to become professional victims as adults.
                          Last edited by Mike; July 7, 2021, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• This already looks like a laughably bad lawsuit which will just waste a lot of people's time and money. Trump won't waste any of his OWN money, that's a given. It's a PR stunt designed to raise cash for himself, not actually win the suit. You think Trump is actually going to sit down and be deposed by lawyers from Google, Facebook, and Twitter?? Please.

Also been noted that Facebook's Terms of Service require any claims against it be filed in California and Trump sued in Florida. Same with Twitter. So he's off to a good start.

Comment

• Right up there with Chairman Joe's preposterous suit against Georgia over voting rights.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                Right up there with Chairman Joe's preposterous suit against Georgia over voting rights.
                                And his "Neanderthal" quote seems to be spot on too ... lol
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X