No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personally, I would be happy if BLM and community political activists weren't the ones counting the ballots.

Comment

• How about we require everyone to have a government ID and require it to be carried at all times and shown on demand, you need to have it to vote, and the government pays for it? That sounds like something you would back.
      Actually, I wouldn't mind if my drivers license was free. The government of Michigan requires me to carry that when I drive my car.

Your proposal says that if I don't show my vax card that I shouldn't be allowed to buy or sell anything.

hmmm... where have I heard that before?
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• the desire to control other human beings isn't new.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Actually, I wouldn't mind if my drivers license was free. The government of Michigan requires me to carry that when I drive my car.

Your proposal says that if I don't show my vax card that I shouldn't be allowed to buy or sell anything.

hmmm... where have I heard that before?
          You can buy and sell what you want. You just can't come into my business if you are not vaccinated. It's muh right to refuse service. You know. Muh Freedoms and all that shit.

Vaccinations with a few exceptions have been required to attend schools for years. This is no different. If you want to claim a ridiculous religious exemption, send your kid to a religious school so they can be indoctrinated with the rest of the deniers.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• What else should people be required to prove in order to participate in society? POTUS thinks requiring ID to vote is the biggest assault on democracy since the Civil War. Now people of the same persuasion would like people to carry around a vax card to go shopping. Once that happens they’ll only add things to the list that you must do to “be in the club”.

Never mind that the vaccine (of which I am an advocate) is still under emergency use and not fully approved by the U.S. government. Not to mention that risk of serious illness to relatively healthy people under 50 is exceedingly minuscule. People in the highest risk categories, like the elderly, have very high vaccination rates. We have effectively safeguarded those who are most susceptible to hospitalization and death.

I hadn’t paid any attention to the Covid numbers for months but this discussion got me wondering how bad things must be for all these doom and gloom headlines to be popping up.

I got my second dose on April 5th. That day Michigan reported 11,206 new cases with a 7 day average of 6,714. That average topped out on April 13th at 7,849. YESTERDAY, July 15th, Michigan reported 53 new cases with a 7 day average of 228. It is OVER. The good guys won. Take yes for an answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
              the desire to control other human beings isn't new.
              Nor is pushback against the would-be controllers.

Comment

• Mr VT:

I actually think you and I are saying the same thing, from opposite sides of the road.

You think people should be required to show proof of vaccination to do business. I think they should be required to show ID when they vote.

Both can be considered "oppressive government intrusion". You like your "freedumbs", and I like mine.

I've been vaxed, .. and if some pinhead wants me to show my vax card before I enter his business, I'll probably humor him, and show it. I'll then ask him if he knows some old grouch that goes by the name of CGVT. If he says yes, we'll have a conversation.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

You can buy and sell what you want. You just can't come into my business if you are not vaccinated. It's muh right to refuse service. You know. Muh Freedoms and all that shit.

Vaccinations with a few exceptions have been required to attend schools for years. This is no different. If you want to claim a ridiculous religious exemption, send your kid to a religious school so they can be indoctrinated with the rest of the deniers.
                  as opposed to being indoctrinated by the lunatic leftwing teachers union.

btw, I wouldn't go into your business if you paid me.

Comment

• It's just baffling to think of WHY it should be easier to vote? It seems pretty easy right now - provided you care enough to register and keep a current ID, inform yourself about the issues and candidates. Then you show up at the polls, fill out my ballot and turn it in- or you get an absentee ballot.

If you don't take those responsibilities seriously enough to follow them, then that's a problem for those of us that do.

Comment

• I don't think there's a need to panic or want mask mandates back but there ARE regions where the number of cases is significantly higher than 53a day. Florida's current 7-day average is back above 7,000 which is similar to their summer surge last year. In Missouri it's about 2800. It's mainly the Sun Belt experiencing a rise, just like last summer.

Some pockets are seeing a spike in hospitalizations (there's been a lot of attention given to Springfield, Missouri) but not really in deaths that I'm aware of. Every place that's seeing a mini-surge has one thing in common: Nearly all the hospitalized cases and deaths are now people who were unvaccinated. It's close to 99%

Delta is 4x more contagious than the original covid strain. If you're vaccinated, the likelihood of getting seriously sick is very small. You might not even know you have it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        I don't think there's a need to panic or want mask mandates back but there ARE regions where the number of cases is significantly higher than 53a day. Florida's current 7-day average is back above 7,000 which is similar to their summer surge last year. In Missouri it's about 2800. It's mainly the Sun Belt experiencing a rise, just like last summer.

Some pockets are seeing a spike in hospitalizations (there's been a lot of attention given to Springfield, Missouri) but not really in deaths that I'm aware of. Every place that's seeing a mini-surge has one thing in common: Nearly all the hospitalized cases and deaths are now people who were unvaccinated. It's close to 99%

Delta is 4x more contagious than the original covid strain. If you're vaccinated, the likelihood of getting seriously sick is very small. You might not even know you have it.
                        you might have gotten OG Covid and not know you had it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
                          It's just baffling to think of WHY it should be easier to vote? It seems pretty easy right now - provided you care enough to register and keep a current ID, inform yourself about the issues and candidates. Then you show up at the polls, fill out my ballot and turn it in- or you get an absentee ballot.

If you don't take those responsibilities seriously enough to follow them, then that's a problem for those of us that do.
                          It's 20 fucking 21. The goal should be that every American of legal age vote , even the conservative wingnuts. ;) Registrations should be automatic at age 18 and ballots should be mailed to all registered voters. If they want to send them back fine. If not fine, too. The few instance of Bubba using Granny's ballot are insignificant.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• And... If you want informed voters they should take party affiliations off of all ballots. No straight party voting.

Comment

• I got my second dose on April 5th. That day Michigan reported 11,206 new cases with a 7 day average of 6,714. That average topped out on April 13th at 7,849. YESTERDAY, July 15th, Michigan reported 53 new cases with a 7 day average of 228. It is OVER. The good guys won. Take yes for an answer.
                              EFZ. It's OVER. Right now all we're doing is watching Darwinism at play. You don't want to get vaccinated, no problem. You want to take that 0.005% risk (depending on age), no problem.

To wit -- as DSL points out:

It's OVER. If you're vaccinated you ain't got a fucking care in the world. If you're unvaccinated and under 50, you run that 1 in 1000 risk of dying. O.V.E.R.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Meanwhile, Chairman Joe continues to do everything he possibly can to undermine the legitimacy of the 2022 and 2024 elections if the D Federal Takeover of state election law is not passed:

We’re facing the most significant test of our democracy since the Civil War. That’s not hyperbole. Since the Civil War.
                                The Biggest of Big Lies. Direct from the Chairman.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X