No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If someone is unable to vote because they can’t figure out how to do it, then they are weapons-grade stupid. We can’t wait for the dumbest kid in a class of 168,331,000 people to figure out two plus two.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      I'd like to reiterate something Mike said.

Voting is easy. Voting is easy. Voting is easy. Voting is easy. Voting is easy. Voting is easy. Voting is easy. Voting is easy. Voting is easy. Voting is easy.
      Voting is easy. Voting is easy. Voting is easy. Voting is easy. Voting is easy. Voting is easy. Voting is easy. Voting is easy. Voting is easy. Voting is easy.
      I dunno Talent...according to Heels Up Harris us dumb rural folks can't even find a photocopier...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• There’s not a shred of actual evidence that any voters have actually been stopped from voting because they were unable to comply with easy requirements. Everyone who wants to vote, does. Full stop.

In contrast, there was gads of evidence of this happening during actual Jim Crow.
        Last edited by iam416; July 16, 2021, 04:30 PM.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Maybe it's because the process is pretty simple to begin with. If you can't, or won't, follow it, then maybe voting just isn't for you. And that's fine- We would all be better off if you just left it to those of us who do give a shit about it.

And spare us with thrusting the burden of proof on cheating- if you think that taking away the existing checks and balances (which is what comes with making it "easier") isn't going to encourage fraud and deteriorate the sense of legitimacy in the process then you're smoking crack.

So, yeah, there's plenty to scared of in making it "easier"

Comment

• Nobody is trying to make it harder to vote. The 2020 election was conducted during a global pandemic when large portions of the country were either locked down or under some sort mitigation measures. Given these conditions, state and local elections officials needed to adapt on the fly in order to make it all work on short notice. I think, by and large, they did a really good job under the circumstances and the 2020 result is legitimate.

However, there were many unprecedented steps taken that are not codified in law, necessary as they may have been. For example, I'm pretty sure it's not state law in Michigan to mail everyone an absentee ballot application. I appreciated it, tho. It made things easier during a once-a-century event. Houston had 24 hour drive-thru voting. No other place in the country has ever had that. If those things revert back to the previous way elections were conducted, that's not "voter suppression", it's going back to normal.

I think everyone can agree that the sanctity of the vote is paramount. States and local officials (for now) run elections in their jurisdictions. If they want to take a look at all the new processes that were rolled out for 2020 and decide what works well and what is overly cumbersome or not cost effective, then they are well within their right to do so. But it is NOT some right-wing plot to "disenfranchise" certain demographics from voting. It is state governments codifying into law the new landscape going forward that INCLUDES many of the processes that were used in 2020 such as early voting and drop boxes.

You could say that the narrative put forth from the Left on this non-issue is a "Big Lie".
            Last edited by Mike; July 16, 2021, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
              If you can't, or won't, follow it, then maybe voting just isn't for you.
              This boils the entire argument down to one succinct sentence.

There's a big election in November of 2022. Everyone has a year and a half to figure out how to register and find a photo copier. I have faith in my fellow Americans that they can pull it off.

Comment

• Fuck it. Time for a poll tax.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

This boils the entire argument down to one succinct sentence.

There's a big election in November of 2022. Everyone has a year and a half to figure out how to register and find a photo copier. I have faith in my fellow Americans that they can pull it off.
                  Red states...yes...blue states apparently have a plethora of dumb motherfuckers...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    Fuck it. Time for a poll tax.
                    Time for you to STFU
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                      Fuck it. Time for a poll tax.
                      How is 18 days of early voting, drop boxes, no-reason absentee ballots, same day registration, and free government IDs anything resembling a poll tax?

I'm at a loss for how voting can be made easier.

To reiterate. I believe in my fellow Americans who sent men to the moon, climbed the cliffs at Pointe du Hoc, beat the 1980 Soviet hockey team, and, perhaps, several other decent accomplishments, that they CAN figure out how to vote. I will die on this hill. WE CAN DO IT!!
                      Last edited by Mike; July 16, 2021, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Two words.

Hanging. Chads.

People are dumb. The dems want dumb people to vote or they are screwed.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 24 hr drop boxes. Drop boxes not limited to red areas (I'm looking at you Texas.

Election days (yes days) a national holiday

Auto registration. Ballots mailed to ALL registered voters.

On line voting.

The list goes on...

There are a lot of ways to make voting much more easily accessible to all Americans.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I honestly don’t think that if we had all those things there would be a significant increase in participation. It’s already as easy as a microwave TV dinner. What you’re suggesting is you want someone to operate the microwave for you at a not insignificant cost to municipalities. At some point people need to get off their ass and do something. Voting IS accessible to all Americans. Even if you’re an elderly shut-in, you can easily request an absentee ballot and put it in your mailbox. There simply is no credible argument to make things easier or “more accessible” other than “hey! What about the stupid lazy people?”

Comment

• “hey! What about the stupid lazy people?”

...kinda like...long haired freaky people...need not apply...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                I honestly don’t think that if we had all those things there would be a significant increase in participation. It’s already as easy as a microwave TV dinner. What you’re suggesting is you want someone to operate the microwave for you at a not insignificant cost to municipalities. At some point people need to get off their ass and do something. Voting IS accessible to all Americans. Even if you’re an elderly shut-in, you can easily request an absentee ballot and put it in your mailbox. There simply is no credible argument to make things easier or “more accessible” other than “hey! What about the stupid lazy people?”

But it is not as easy as you say. It was a pain in the ass for my 97 year old mother-in-law to vote in South Carolina by absentee ballot. So fucking many hoops to jump through.

I took my 18 year son to vote( early voting) As we were waiting at the table for our ballots after standing in line for 45 minutes, he looked at me and said, " it's 2021, why the hell is this such a pain in the ass" The boy is wise beyond his years

Comment

Working...
                                X