Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    Here is the latest provisional data from the CDC, for the week of 8/28:

    Death distribution by age group:
    85+: 14.6%
    75-84: 22.6%
    65-74: 23.0%

    That's 60.2% from the population that is, by and large, not in the work force, and definitely not in school. Also the most vaccinated age groups. Very important to remember that when you are talking about imposing mask mandates on everyone of all ages.

    Here is the school age population:

    Under 1 year: 0.000%
    1-4 years: 0.0000%
    5-14 years: .3%
    15-24 years: .5%

    There you have it. The pre-school and school age population, more or less through grad school, still accounts for less than 1% of the deaths from Covid for the most recent week for which data exists. The age group not eligible for the vaccine (12 and under) accounts for no more than .3% of the deaths.
    Leads me to believe that the move by health departments (Genesee County specifically) in mandating masks for all school aged children is not based on science. So, the decision is based on....?



    masks are basically worthless the way kids wear them. They need to be replaced every 20 min to keep the masks from becoming saturated, they are wearing the same mask all day long, rendering them useless. Half the kids' noses are hanging out the top of it, rendering them useless, kids are touching their masks and playing with them rendering them useless. Nevermind the type of face coverings kids wear DO NOT block the transmission of Covid-19

    So the decision is based on what? feelings??

    Comment


    • I was told I should wait to remove my port from cancer treatments. Now I know why. It would have been so much easier for them to add and remove what they wanted for the upcoming monthly jabs.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

        So the decision is based on what? feelings??
        Superstition.

        Masks are the burqas of the new state religion.
        Last edited by Hannibal; September 8, 2021, 01:09 PM.

        Comment


        • So the decision is based on what? feelings??
          First, I have to yield on Hanni's point. I think his approach and controlling for the higher vax rates in the over 65s is a better way to measure deaths by age cohort. So, yes, under those circumstances, deaths hit the over 65 population hardest. I might mitigate the strength of that argument by offering that across all age groups, the trend is to a lower mean as vax rates increase.

          With regard to 99% of the stupid PH & COVID related mitigation measures you are hearing about, I think it is fair to say none of them are based on either the science or the facts on the ground. Not only that but it is becoming more clear every day we hear about the social and economic costs of this stupid stuff that those costs far outweigh any PH benefits.

          (1) That we are being told that vaccines reduce the spread of the virus is an indisputable fact based on reams of data collected since they were first available about 9m ago.

          (2) The idiots in position to recommend or require the shit load of local mitigation measures whose social and economic costs far outweigh PH benefits gained are basing their decision to implement them on rising case numbers and under pressure from the crowd that thinks they are "walking around Florence during the Bubonic plague."

          (3) There are plenty of arguments put forth for not getting vaccinated based on rational risk assessment. I don't agree with most of them but that continues to be irrelevant to my initial point: If we want to stop (2), we have to reduce case numbers .... and I don't care if that metric is good or bad. It's what's driving the nonsense.

          Back to (1)
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

          Comment


          • 🀣🀣🀣



            Imagine being a poor Gender Studies major in Afghanistan. You just invested in green hair dye and a few facial piercings and all of a sudden, you're stuck in the patriarchy again.
            Last edited by Hannibal; September 8, 2021, 02:20 PM.

            Comment


            • Comment


              • I doubt they will dishonorably discharge those who refuse the vaccine. In all likelihood it will be "general under honorable conditions" as to not harm them in their future endeavors.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  I doubt they will dishonorably discharge those who refuse the vaccine. In all likelihood it will be "general under honorable conditions" as to not harm them in their future endeavors.
                  Never underestimate the vindictiveness of the Left.

                  Comment


                  • You basically have to shoot someone to get a dishonorable these days.

                    Dishonorable discharges for vaccine refusal would be blocked under congressional proposal

                    https://www.militarytimes.com/news/p...onal-proposal/

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      You basically have to shoot someone to get a dishonorable these days.

                      Dishonorable discharges for vaccine refusal would be blocked under congressional proposal

                      https://www.militarytimes.com/news/p...onal-proposal/
                      Never.

                      Underestimate.

                      The.

                      Vindictiveness.

                      Of.

                      The.

                      Left.

                      Comment


                      • I saw total idiot burnouts get honorable discharges with a notation that they were "unable to adapt to military life". I used to process the paperwork.

                        That being said, that was the 1970's.

                        This is 2021.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

                          How's the 17 and under crowd faring?
                          I'm going to assume this is serious question .......

                          ​​​​​​The number of children and teens suffering from the coronavirus-borne illness COVID-19 exceeded 250,000 for the first time since the start of the pandemic in the week through Sept. 2, a worrying trend coming just as they return to school in person.

                          Data published by the American Academy of Pediatrics showed the number of child cases has been climbing fast through the summer months after declining at the start of the season, with more than 750,000 cases being added between Aug. 5 and Sept. 2.
                          Children accounted for 26.8% of reported cases in the latest week.

                          The trend to the younger is concerning. While, yes, death rates hit the +65 the hardest, in the argument I'm advancing - stop rising case numbers to stop the COVID mitigation non-sense - this is an area to work for now in the over 12s and ASAP approval of the vaccine for 4-12yo.

                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

                          Comment


                          • instead of dishonorable discharge they just call it PTSD and give you 3800 dollars a month tax free

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              🀣🀣🀣



                              Imagine being a poor Gender Studies major in Afghanistan. You just invested in green hair dye and a few facial piercings and all of a sudden, you're stuck in the patriarchy again.
                              reminds me of this gem

                              HtveKxao.jpg

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

                                I'm going to assume this is serious question .......

                                ​​​​​​The number of children and teens suffering from the coronavirus-borne illness COVID-19 exceeded 250,000 for the first time since the start of the pandemic in the week through Sept. 2, a worrying trend coming just as they return to school in person.

                                Data published by the American Academy of Pediatrics showed the number of child cases has been climbing fast through the summer months after declining at the start of the season, with more than 750,000 cases being added between Aug. 5 and Sept. 2.
                                Children accounted for 26.8% of reported cases in the latest week.

                                The trend to the younger is concerning. While, yes, death rates hit the +65 the hardest, in the argument I'm advancing - stop rising case numbers to stop the COVID mitigation non-sense - this is an area to work for now in the over 12s and ASAP approval of the vaccine for 4-12yo.

                                https://www.marketwatch.com/story/nu...wsviewer_click
                                I don't remember the metric I was commenting on being about case numbers


                                honestly, I don't care how many cases if the symptoms are mild to non existent and they are not clogging up ICU beds, which of course, they are not.


                                I never said kids don't get Covid.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X