No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again, the prosecution has put on an outstanding defense fir Rittenhouse. Anyone thinking he would or should be convicted of anything other than gun charge were blindly swallowing the MSM Narrative.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Unfortunately there seems to be a hell of a lot of narritive swallowers.

Comment

• I have said this already, but it bears repeating. The Dems need to start throwing at least some sacrificial lambs out or January 6 is going to look like a fucking picnic.
        But Hanni ... the Jan 6 thing was a "bone chilling insurrection" ... pMSNBC and CNN say so.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          Again, the prosecution has put on an outstanding defense fir Rittenhouse. Anyone thinking he would or should be convicted of anything other than gun charge were blindly swallowing the MSM Narrative.
          Is bye-cep being charged with a gun crime? Because if he's not, Justice would be that Kyle should walk for the gun charge too, but I doubt he will. Misdemeanor I think.

Comment

• Correct. The gun charge Kyle is facing is a misdemeanor. Even if he is convicted of the charge, I would imagine his time served would be sufficient punishment and be won’t see any additional time.

Comment

• End of the line for what was once a giant American company. It'll still carry on in some form but dramatically reduced in size and scope

Comment

• GE also used to sell ridiculous management and leadership training seminars.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  GE also used to sell ridiculous management and leadership training seminars.
                  When I was in grad school both GE and IBM still had reps as highly prestigious firms with fabulous management consulting and all that. Neither one really recovered from 2008.

Comment

• Screen-Shot-2021-11-07-at-3.55.48-PM-1024x569.png

Screen-Shot-2021-11-07-at-3.56.22-PM-1024x572.png

Comment

• DSL,

The GE training was a huge waste of my time. It was an ersatz mash-up of Six Sigma and Dale Carnegie. On the last day they issued a certificate. I left mine on the table and one of the instructors came running to give it to me because I had left it behind “accidentally” (or so she thought). I told her I didn’t want anyone to know I had wasted my time and money doing it. Yeah, I used to be an asshole. I regretted saying that to her because she looked so gut-punched at my comment, but goddamn it was …not good.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        DSL,

The GE training was a huge waste of my time. It was an ersatz mash-up of Six Sigma and Dale Carnegie. On the last day they issued a certificate. I left mine on the table and one of the instructors came running to give it to me because I had left it behind “accidentally” (or so she thought). I told her I didn’t want anyone to know I had wasted my time and money doing it. Yeah, I used to be an asshole. I regretted saying that to her because she looked so gut-punched at my comment, but goddamn it was …not good.
                        lol...was that when Jack Welch still ran things?

I had classmates that went to work at both there and IBM. None of them lasted more than a few years before moving on.

IBM was crazy back then. HR consultants started at around 125K and you could live anywhere in the country you wanted so long as it was about 30 minutes from a major airport. Two people I knew quickly got burned out from all the travel and quit.

Comment

• Damn, Max Cleland has died. Until this year he was the last Democrat to serve as a Senator from Georgia. Lost two legs and half his right arm to a friendly grenade in Vietnam

https://www.ajc.com/news/former-va-a...EJE6BMSW5LE2A/

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

lol...was that when Jack Welch still ran things?

I had classmates that went to work at both there and IBM. None of them lasted more than a few years before moving on.

IBM was crazy back then. HR consultants started at around 125K and you could live anywhere in the country you wanted so long as it was about 30 minutes from a major airport. Two people I knew quickly got burned out from all the travel and quit.
                            Nah, it was after Welch. 2010, iirc. They sold the program to our group of hospitals and all executives went through it.

We divided into teams and built a spaghetti tower. Yeah, I know there was a TED talk on the spaghetti tower thing and tying it to creativity and problem solving but we were all aware of it and most just watched a YouTube video for ideas (we went full Kirk- Kobayashi Maru). Then we would listen to a lecture on teamwork or proper delegation (with a smile!), take a personality test (a rip-off of Myers-Briggs), do some other ridiculous team exercise before we did a deep dive into why “Kaizen” and post-it note work flow charts would make our company mega successful without even a hint of irony when you considered the direction GE was heading.

Comment

• Interesting take on the Rittenhouse trial:

Facebook Ban on Supporting Rittenhouse Wears Thin as Prosecution Stumbles

2,606Drew Angerer /GettyJOEL B. POLLAK8 Nov 2021725
                              2:24
                              Facebook decided last September to ban statements defending Kyle Rittenhouse as if they were support for “mass murder” — a decision that looks increasingly questionable as Rittenhouse’s lawyers make a strong self-defense case in a Kenosha court.

Rittenhouse is facing several counts of murder and other charges. But video evidence of the melee at a Black Lives Matter riot in Kenosha last Aug. 25 suggested that he had fired on people who attacked him — including one armed with a firearm.

As Breitbart News has reported, a key prosecution witness admitted Monday that Rittenhouse only shot at him once he had pointed his own pistol at the teenager, and the detective in the case admitted that Rittenhouse only shot people chasing him.

Some legal observers opined that Rittenhouse should qualify for a directed verdict — a legal finding by the judge that the prosecution has failed to establish the basic elements of the crime. But the establishment media continued portraying the teenager in the worst possible light:

The bias is partly by design. Last year, Facebook declared — in advance of any trial — that Rittenhouse was guilty of “mass murder,” and confirmed that it would ban any posts supporting him.

Other social media companies followed suit, as did other companies and organizations. As Breitbart News recalled Monday: “Twitter locked the account of a Rittenhouse attorney, and a police officer lost his job for donating to Rittenhouse’s defense.”

However, the trial has presented evidence that suggests Rittenhouse had, at the very least, a solid case for self-defense, at least to the murder charges.

As with the Hunter Biden laptop, social media companies suppressed facts and free speech.

Comment

• Maggie Hassan breathes a small sigh of relief as the popular Governor of New Hampshire, Chris Sununu, says he will NOT run for Senate. He was widely regarded as the best candidate the Republicans could put up.

Comment

Working...
                                X