No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently, Moderna and Phizer think that there is enough risk to want immunity from being sued. With that being the case, I don't think that it is nutty for the average citizen to perceive there as being some risk. The vaccines were rushed through the testing process and are not FDA approved.
    Fair point. I think this position is similar to the risks versus benefits arguments that have been advanced for mitigation measures that don't have the facts behind them to make the benefits of mitigating COVID risks significantly less than the costs. e.g. repeatedly shuttering businesses and schools to achieve questionable benefits were and when the are imposed currently are incredibly costly.

The same argument applies here. Of the 1.29B shots administered, side effects have been rare and consistent or better than with other therapeutics that were approved through the normal pharmaceutical regulatory process - most countries having similar protocols. I'd argue the benefits far, far exceed any individual risks. I'll allow if you're the one to get really sick and die from the shot, that would suck. You did get in your car today and drive this morning, right?
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
      Bullshit.

If the Orange Moron had handled the virus like a mature adult, you know, like a real president rather than a petulant child, more people would have gotten vaccinated.

There are still dumbasses that believe that COVID is a hoax because of the way that jackass handled it.

Fucking Trumpsters cry about not getting back to normal but won't do what it takes to do so.

Fucking idiots.

Yeah, okay.. Newsflash: For as petulant as he was, your "Orange Moron" actually made this vaccine happen..

Go right ahead and find one of those two or three people out there that still think this was a "hoax" and they'll probably start telling you that aliens are talking to them through the fillings in their teeth.

And call "Bullshit" on everything else that doesn't align with your obvious bitterness. The rest of us have better things to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

Wearing a mask and getting vaccinated both fall into a category that could be broadly defined as personal sacrifices. There are others: being mindful of the risk that one might be an asymptomatic spreader and being somewhat inconvenienced by social distancing or being careful about a decision to attend large indoor gatherings with a mix of vaccinated and unvaccinated persons.

If you don't want to get vaccinated, you have a choice to not patronize businesses or venues that require masks to enter, watch an event or get service. I hold that if you want to play, you have to pay. Get vaccinated. See Israel's approach to this. They're not fucking around and life is pretty much back to normal in that country. There are others.

Although it's rare, even if you're vaccinated, you can still become infected and transmit whatever SARS2 variant you got infected with to others. This is the case where COVID metrics indicate that the virus is still circulating. Theoretically, wearing a mask helps reduce the risk of transmission ...... and whatever "evidence" you've heard that says it doesn't, is vastly outweighed by evidence that says it does.

I'm vaccinated. My position on mask wearing is that (1) I don't wear them outside at all. (2) I'll comply if a business requires it for me to enter and receive service. Its not worth being a dick and making it hard for employees. IOW, I'll make the sacrifice.

However, I think it's clear that there are locales where through vaccination and previous infection a community is very close to herd immunity or, at least to the point where the virus is circulating at rates below 3-5%. People can achieve those results in their communities by getting vaccinated. Local PH authorities in locales where circulating virus is low are too slow to adjust restrictions on behaviors and mobility. That's because the CDC is manned by morons or there's political agendas at work. These local PH authorities would do us all a favor by ignoring the CDC's recommendations, and that is all they are, and lifting mobility and behavior restrictions or mandates for lots of pandemic mitigation measures including mask wearing. But only in locales that have COVID metrics that support that move. If you've been vaccinated, I feel wearing a mask in that circumstance anywhere is over-kill.. As long as PH officials haven't done that, same rules apply though. I'm not going to be a dick. Clearly you are fine with not getting vaccinated and then being one.
        there is no getting back to normal. this is the new normal, the masks wont come off.

well mine has.

Rather that than getting an injection of a non FDA approved vaccine that was rushed through, and the makers of that vaccine are making billions and have no legal responsibility to claims of injury.

And if you think you are going to force the needle in my kids arm, you have another thing coming.

Comment

• For supposedly being such a great salesman, Trump did a horrible job selling his successes.

And I am continually dumbfounded by people's fear of vaccines. But whatever. Their choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
            Yeah, okay.. Newsflash: For as petulant as he was, your "Orange Moron" actually made this vaccine happen....

That's not exactly true. Probably the ONLY thing America's Shitstain did right during his administration was to (reluctantly) start up Operation Warp Speed. This did not create any vaccine. Take Pfizer, developer and manufacturer of the most effective of the vaccines. Pfizer took ZERO dollars for R&D and developed the vax on their own. They took almost $2B for storage and distribution from Warp Speed.
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• But...but... Mah Freedumd!

Dumbasses
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Go right ahead and find one of those two or three people out there that still think this was a "hoax" and they'll probably start telling you that aliens are talking to them through the fillings in their teeth.

That would be Hannibal. He equivocates the Star of David with masks, probably as he finishes his "Arbeit Macht Frei" signs.
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

But...but... Mah Freedumd!

Dumbasses
                  my body my choice!

control freaks

Comment

Bullshit.

If the Orange Moron had handled the virus like a mature adult, you know, like a real president rather than a petulant child, more people would have gotten vaccinated.

There are still dumbasses that believe that COVID is a hoax because of the way that jackass handled it.

Fucking Trumpsters cry about not getting back to normal but won't do what it takes to do so.

Fucking idiots.
                    Do I need to repost that graphic about Covid-19 in mask mandate states vs non mask mandated states?

Comment

• Abortion is literally the only issue for which the platitude of “my body, my choice” applies for the Left. It’s almost as if the Left doesn’t care about liberty or freedom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post

That's not exactly true. Probably the ONLY thing America's Shitstain did right during his administration was to (reluctantly) start up Operation Warp Speed. This did not create any vaccine. Take Pfizer, developer and manufacturer of the most effective of the vaccines. Pfizer took ZERO dollars for R&D and developed the vax on their own. They took almost $2B for storage and distribution from Warp Speed.
                        You might have a point there, Jon. It's just laughable that the people that got bent out of whack in 2016 are still obsessed with Trump. I honestly think that they would believe that he signed each and every COVID death warrant if somebody posted a story about it on Facebook. It's kind of fun to wind them up and see them lose their shit.

Comment

• Try to yell fire in a theater.

Muh Freedumbs!
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                            There are many reasonable ways to get as many people as possible vaccinated. The first is to abandon the non-sense that makes receiving the vaccine optional. Next, if you're older than 12 (Pfizer approval expected this week) and in school, you have to be vaccinated to attend, to include elementary, HS and college. Legitimate medical excuses apply. Anti-vaxers can home school.

I read an opinion piece over the weekend that asked: "could this generation win WWII?" The resounding answer was no ..... winning that war required tremendous sacrifice and a willingness to support the greater good - defeating Japan and Germany. The pandemic is essentially a war. It's no different in it's requirement for personal sacrifice for the greater good. Instead we hear all the excuses about a rise in anti-vax sentiment, personal freedoms, right to choose, government over reach, etc.

There are legitimate reasons why a citizen cannot receive the vaccines. The bull-shit being offered that I list above is not among them. Again, that we have to incentivize Americans with SHots and chasers to bring an end to the pandemic - the war - just astounds me. The best incentive is you want to play, you pay. Otherwise bull-shit walks.
                            Nah. The answer is make the vaccine available and go back to normal. That's it. If businesses want to require proof of vaccination, then let them. If they do not, then let them. The market will sort that shit out nicely.
                            Last edited by iam416; May 10, 2021, 03:51 PM.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Yeah, okay.. Newsflash: For as petulant as he was, your "Orange Moron" actually made this vaccine happen..

And call "Bullshit" on everything else that doesn't align with your obvious bitterness. The rest of us have better things to do.
                              100%. Well, Operation Warp Speed made it happen along with good ol' fashioned capitalism. That PDJT and the US did very well was spread its bets and, in spots, help with production (Moderna). There's really no denying how well the US did with the vaccine. None.

China created the virus in its fucking SARS lab and the US played the major role in fixing the Chinese fuck up.
                              Last edited by iam416; May 10, 2021, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Do I need to repost that graphic about Covid-19 in mask mandate states vs non mask mandated states?
                                Ass. Kicked. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X