No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It would be awesome if a national chain like BWW picked that strategy up.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Or the Cheesecake Factory.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yeah. Any of the big national chains. Just didn’t think there were that many CF’s. We have only 1 in Bham but about about 15 BWWs.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Two excellent choices for the general masses but a little high brow for the 'resistant' population group. As we're rolling into summer, DQ, Baskin Robbins, and Yogurtland would be great companies to incentivize as vaccination sites.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I think you need to offer booze, Jon. So whatever the lowest brow purveyor of liquor is.

Comment

• Ice cream or yogurt? I'll take the beer and chaser.

Comment

• Bob Baffert is the latest victim of cancel culture. Churchill Downs should be ashamed!!!

Bob Baffert, the legendary horse racing trainer who has won seven Kentucky Derbies during his career, was adamant Monday his latest winner Medina Spirit was not treated with a drug he tested positive for in a post-race sample.

Comment

• There are many reasonable ways to get as many people as possible vaccinated. The first is to abandon the non-sense that makes receiving the vaccine optional. Next, if you're older than 12 (Pfizer approval expected this week) and in school, you have to be vaccinated to attend, to include elementary, HS and college. Legitimate medical excuses apply. Anti-vaxers can home school.

I read an opinion piece over the weekend that asked: "could this generation win WWII?" The resounding answer was no ..... winning that war required tremendous sacrifice and a willingness to support the greater good - defeating Japan and Germany. The pandemic is essentially a war. It's no different in it's requirement for personal sacrifice for the greater good. Instead we hear all the excuses about a rise in anti-vax sentiment, personal freedoms, right to choose, government over reach, etc.

There are legitimate reasons why a citizen cannot receive the vaccines. The bull-shit being offered that I list above is not among them. Again, that we have to incentivize Americans with SHots and chasers to bring an end to the pandemic - the war - just astounds me. The best incentive is you want to play, you pay. Otherwise bull-shit walks.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• You still have to wear a mask even after being vaccinated? Then why get vaccinated? so I can be allowed "out of my house"?

the "suck my dick" isn't optional either

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                      There are many reasonable ways to get as many people as possible vaccinated. The first is to abandon the non-sense that makes receiving the vaccine optional. Next, if you're older than 12 (Pfizer approval expected this week) and in school, you have to be vaccinated to attend, to include elementary, HS and college. Legitimate medical excuses apply. Anti-vaxers can home school.

I read an opinion piece over the weekend that asked: "could this generation win WWII?" The resounding answer was no ..... winning that war required tremendous sacrifice and a willingness to support the greater good - defeating Japan and Germany. The pandemic is essentially a war. It's no different in it's requirement for personal sacrifice for the greater good. Instead we hear all the excuses about a rise in anti-vax sentiment, personal freedoms, right to choose, government over reach, etc.

There are legitimate reasons why a citizen cannot receive the vaccines. The bull-shit being offered that I list above is not among them. Again, that we have to incentivize Americans with SHots and chasers to bring an end to the pandemic - the war - just astounds me. The best incentive is you want to play, you pay. Otherwise bull-shit walks.
                      Exactly.

If people want to get back to normal, they need to get their moronic, conspiracy theory asses vaccinated.

Dumbasses.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                        You still have to wear a mask even after being vaccinated? Then why get vaccinated? so I can be allowed "out of my house"?

Wearing a mask and getting vaccinated both fall into a category that could be broadly defined as personal sacrifices. There are others: being mindful of the risk that one might be an asymptomatic spreader and being somewhat inconvenienced by social distancing or being careful about a decision to attend large indoor gatherings with a mix of vaccinated and unvaccinated persons.

If you don't want to get vaccinated, you have a choice to not patronize businesses or venues that require masks to enter, watch an event or get service. I hold that if you want to play, you have to pay. Get vaccinated. See Israel's approach to this. They're not fucking around and life is pretty much back to normal in that country. There are others.

Although it's rare, even if you're vaccinated, you can still become infected and transmit whatever SARS2 variant you got infected with to others. This is the case where COVID metrics indicate that the virus is still circulating. Theoretically, wearing a mask helps reduce the risk of transmission ...... and whatever "evidence" you've heard that says it doesn't, is vastly outweighed by evidence that says it does.

I'm vaccinated. My position on mask wearing is that (1) I don't wear them outside at all. (2) I'll comply if a business requires it for me to enter and receive service. Its not worth being a dick and making it hard for employees. IOW, I'll make the sacrifice.

However, I think it's clear that there are locales where through vaccination and previous infection a community is very close to herd immunity or, at least to the point where the virus is circulating at rates below 3-5%. People can achieve those results in their communities by getting vaccinated. Local PH authorities in locales where circulating virus is low are too slow to adjust restrictions on behaviors and mobility. That's because the CDC is manned by morons or there's political agendas at work. These local PH authorities would do us all a favor by ignoring the CDC's recommendations, and that is all they are, and lifting mobility and behavior restrictions or mandates for lots of pandemic mitigation measures including mask wearing. But only in locales that have COVID metrics that support that move. If you've been vaccinated, I feel wearing a mask in that circumstance anywhere is over-kill.. As long as PH officials haven't done that, same rules apply though. I'm not going to be a dick. Clearly you are fine with not getting vaccinated and then being one.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• If the vaccines are perfectly, 100% safe, then how come the manufacturers all had to be given immunity from liability for any side effects or after effects?

Apparently, Moderna and Phizer think that there is enough risk to want immunity from being sued. With that being the case, I don't think that it is nutty for the average citizen to perceive there as being some risk. The vaccines were rushed through the testing process and are not FDA approved.

Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                          You still have to wear a mask even after being vaccinated? Then why get vaccinated? so I can be allowed "out of my house"?

At this point, the mask is your Star of David. It is your symbol of subservience and obedience. The evidence has been piling up that masks have never worked to stop the spread of Covid-19. They are pure theater at this point.

Comment

• Just to play a Devil's Advocate.. Politicians will always follow their own agenda- but a fair, responsible and competent press would have held them accountable. . Doing so just might have made people more willing to get vaccinated and be more open to making those personal sacrifices.
                            Last edited by Tom W; May 10, 2021, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Bullshit.

If the Orange Moron had handled the virus like a mature adult, you know, like a real president rather than a petulant child, more people would have gotten vaccinated.

There are still dumbasses that believe that COVID is a hoax because of the way that jackass handled it.

Fucking Trumpsters cry about not getting back to normal but won't do what it takes to do so.

Fucking idiots.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• And it cost him reelection. AND the Republican party has now completed its transformation into a cult of personality. It will have disastrous results for them and by extension the country.

Comment

Working...
                                X