No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liney, this visit to MI is sadly w/o M football or tailgate. Hoop jumping to be COVID responsible. We travel to Milwaukee to meet Doug and Teri on Wed. for a short visit. He brought his sat dish and a TV. We'll watch football! I suspect T will serve up tailgate worthy eats.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
      DSL, do I need to fill up my tank with risks to refining in SW Louisiana?
      Worst of the surge will be east of where most of the refineries are I think. Current thinking is that'll only be a Cat 2 at landfall and it's moving faster than Laura. Crazy that's tracking towards almost the same spot

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
        i think we need to install a mute wiz button around
        STFU
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          Also, Trump is AHEAD with Hispanics in Florida. From info I've seen he has made small gains with them in Arizona and Texas.

Hispanic immigrants are NOT why Texas and Arizona are turning blue. It's because white suburban voters in Texas and white retirees in Arizona are running away from Trump. Both Texas & Arizona are also increasingly urban states. You might not think of them as such but the major metro areas dominate statewide politics. Maricopa County, the Phoenix metro area, has over half the population for the entire state. Texas has many more small towns but the 4 biggest metro areas have swelled tremendously.
          Yep, and this election would be even more a blowout would be if the Biden cared about courting the latino vote at all. A smart thing would have been talking to Chuck Rocha (the head of Bernie Sanders latino operation) about what they did to win the latino vote (even in Florids) but they have not contacted him. And the Latino vote in Florida they have allowed Trump to chip away at is what is keeping him afloat there. It is good night Irene if Trump loses Florida. Right now it leans towards Biden.
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Well, that didn't take long

Whitmer thanked the FBI, Michigan attorney general Dana Nessel and state police for “bringing these sick and depraved men to justice.”
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Of course not. Liberals do not let an opportunity like that go to waste. It’s why they are winning.

Comment

• Comment

• Trump has shifted to his third different position of the day on the debates

First, no way in hell am I doing a virtual debate. RIGGED ELECTION

Second, Let's just do in-person debates on the 22nd and 29th instead

Third, I now have a doctor's note that says I am definitely not contagious after tomorrow so I wanna stick to the original schedule

Comment

• When you aren't paying the intern enough

Ej178fUWAAMvqyM?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• Michigan has become the poster child for lock everything down despite the costs. Woke libs have no concept of a realistic approach to virus containment and control. That would be one that balanced economic costs of lockdown v. PH benefits. From there, regional, targeted mitigation measures are applied to keep positivity regional/municipal rates at 5% or below, rinse and repeat. Local economies may not thrive but they also will not crater - enter legislated stimulus to bridge through until a vaccine contributes to herd immunity. None of this is hard to understand. We are being fucked by an irresponsible and false media narrative that is driving policy.

I posted earlier that Australia has become the model for the NYT and WAPO for lock-downs as a means of controlling the virus. Right. They impose draconian measures including shutting their boarders, spread of the virus recedes, then, lets get the kids back in school, get tourism and the economy restarted - people back to work, and, not surprisingly, the virus spreads again. Rinse and repeat. Meanwhile, Australia's economy has cratered. https://www.bbc.com/news/business-53994318

This is an utterly fucking stupid approach.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• A rock anthem updated.....

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Biden says he will announce his position on court-packing after the election. I mean, even Strangelove would have to concede this is preposterous. It means he has a position. It means he has a positions on an extremely important issue. It means he has a position on an extremely important issue that he won't share with voters before election day.

The amazing thing is that he can get away with this absolute bullshit thanks to PDJT's political incompetence and the fact The Media is in the tank for him.

So, PDJT tweets about debates (consistently, I might add, refusing the zoom debate) and Biden tells voters to go fuck yourself on an extremely important issue. We know what the story of the day is.

Astounding.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Great article on the "America is a racist country" canard: https://www.realclearpublicaffairs.c...sm_579497.html

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              Biden says he will announce his position on court-packing after the election. I mean, even Strangelove would have to concede this is preposterous. It means he has a position. It means he has a positions on an extremely important issue. It means he has a position on an extremely important issue that he won't share with voters before election day.

The amazing thing is that he can get away with this absolute bullshit thanks to PDJT's political incompetence and the fact The Media is in the tank for him.

So, PDJT tweets about debates (consistently, I might add, refusing the zoom debate) and Biden tells voters to go fuck yourself on an extremely important issue. We know what the story of the day is.

Astounding.
                              That was honestly a terrible response. But thankfully, like you say, Trump will drown out anything Biden says in a downpour of stupidity. Last night's "interview" on Hannity was the stuff of legend. My understanding is that today he's filling in for Rush Limbaugh for at least an hour? And going on Tucker tonight? Jesus. Sleepy Joe can spend the day in bed.

Comment

• Biden has to keep the liberal wing lined up. He can't say no to packing the court prior to the election without starting an internal public squabble. The liberal argument has already been made - what other response can there be with the near irreparable damage Trump and his collaborators have done to our justice system?

Sorry, packing the court isn't one of them. Biden knows this and won't let the GOP force a wedge in the evolving coalition.
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X