Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
    A contributing factor to people losing their jobs at ESPN/Disney/ABC is their parent company is bent on imposing its political beliefs on its viewers. If you don't believe what they believe, you are a bigot.

I think most folks have tuned out of the NBA Finals because they saw it for what it is. An excuse to give LaBron another championship. That whole 'restart' was a joke from the beginning.
    EFZ to the EFZ to the EFZ
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        It’s only been recently that ESPN really had anything to talk about. Most of the spring and summer was a complete disaster. They were broadcasting old watermelon seed spitting contests
        Exactly. And then when things came back that were worth talking about and tuning in to, they chose to worship at the feet of BLM and Antifa, and excoriate those who did not join them. During the height of all the lockdowns, they were showing bean bag throwing contests. When they brought back the NBA, they turned it into a lovefest with BLM, and a pre-determined path for another LaBron championship.

And they wonder why folks aren't tuning in.

its because we're all racists ... we're all racists for not tuning in ...
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• What happened during the VP's debate? I turned it off as soon as Kamala starting yelling at Mike. That was about 2 minutes in.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Some place called Wauwatosa, Wisconsin is the latest hotspot for BLM goons to peacefully demonstrate for peace.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...onsin-n2577695

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              Some place called Wauwatosa, Wisconsin is the latest hotspot for BLM goons to peacefully demonstrate for peace.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...onsin-n2577695
              What about the White Supremacists?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                What happened during the VP's debate? I turned it off as soon as Kamala starting yelling at Mike. That was about 2 minutes in.
                It was actually a pretty decent debate, at least in the wake of Trump's shit show last week. The big take-away for me is that she, like Biden, refused to answer a direct question about packing the court if the Ds are swept into power. Pence landed a strong blow by saying their refusal to answer the question tells you exactly what they intend to do.

Harris, obviously, was able to club the administration over the head like a baby seal on anything Covid related. That was the first segment of the debate.

Harris also unequivocally stated multiple times that they would not ban fracking. Tried to pivot away from the Green New Deal saying Biden has his own plan, Pence countered that its basically the same thing.

Pence was on defense most of the night which is no surprise given his role of soldier for an inept buffoon. His best moment was the Supreme Court segment. He really landed some blows and drove home the point about the importance of the judicial branch. It was like he was reading my mind when he said (paraphrasing), "you guys can't win by the rules so you want to change the rules".

In true modern political debate fashion, both candidates rarely answered the question they were asked. They simply went into a canned 2 minute stump speech related to the topic. Harris showed off her prosecutor chops by responding to Pence with some good zingers.

In the end, I'm sure it will have little to no affect on the poll numbers but I wanted to see the presumptive D nominee in 2024 perform in the spotlight. She definitely tried to tack to the center but the court stuff worries me. Team Biden must come up with an answer because the question isn't going away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

What about the White Supremacists?
                  Let me check CNN and get back to you.

Comment

• The big take-away for me is that she, like Biden, refused to answer a direct question about packing the court if the Ds are swept into power.
                    This continued refusal to answer this question is pushing me toward absention. Not that it matters -- Biden is going to win by 2008 numbers. But, it's a serious issue that I want an answer to and they won't provide it, although their silence is pretty damning.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Harris is a lightweight. She showed it in the primaries. She shows it every time she has to handle real politics. Pence is a capable politician. Again, none of that matters.

Comment

• Vice president debates only matter if there's an Admiral Stockdale moment. In two weeks no one will remember anything from last night except maybe the fly on his head. But FWIW I think Pence was the winner. Harris' had the easier task though -- just don't say anything truly stupid.

Anyways Trump immediately undermines Pence's attempts to give the Administration credibility by going on Fox Business and delivering a rambling, angry, drug-fueled interview for an hour.

Says he's refusing to do a virtual debate. Maybe his aides will talk him into it. He needs another debate more than Biden does.

Comment

• A virtual debate does not suit Trump well at all. Although, the last in-person debate didn't do wonders for him either. I just want it all to be over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            A virtual debate does not suit Trump well at all. Although, the last in-person debate didn't do wonders for him either. I just want it all to be over.
                            I'll throw the contrarian take out there. If the moderator actually mutes him when Joe's talking that might be to Trump's advantage. He will hate it, of course

Comment

• For sure -- VP debates are meaningless. It's just that every time I see Harris I'm surprised by how weak she is. Even after watching her for over a year.

Meh, whatever.

Comment

• The answer to the Supreme Court thing is that yes, they are going to pack the court. They will take whatever steps are necessary to swing the Court back to a Democrat/Liberal advantage, especially if Barrett is confirmed.

But if you look closer into the "advantage" the conservatives would have with a Barrett confirmation, its really only a firm 5-4 advantage.

Conservatives: Barrett, Alito, Thomas, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh.

Libs: Breyer, Sotomoyor, Kagan, and yes, Roberts.

So, .. its actually going to be quite easy for Kamala to swing the Court back to the Libs very quickly.

Thomas and Alito are rumored to be considering retirement due to their age, so Kamala appoints 2 libs to replace them

Advantage Libs 6-3.

Then, when/if Breyer retires, Kamala replaces him with yet another Lib.

Advantage Libs maintained, 6-3.

So, again, if they were really smart, they'd just simply say that they believe, with normal attrition, that they should be able to restore a firm Liberal advantage to the court within Kamala's first term. They don't even have to threaten to 'pack the court" because that's a losing issue.

And for good measure, after Kamala appoints 3 justices, she can STILL pack 3 more Liberals onto the court, to give them a 9-3 liberal advantage for the next 20-30 years. Shoot, if Kamala wins, she could get the court to a 10-2 advantage by the end of her 2nd term. Conservatives would never overcome that.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X