No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ve had CR wings. I like hot, but not oppressive. I mean I eat whole jalapeño peppers as a snack and do fine, but Carolina Reaper, Scorpions, a few of the Ghost varietals can be too hot to be enjoyable. Generally, if the sauce is hotter than 7500 or 8000 Scoville Units, then the food isn’t enjoyable to me.

And no beer or napkins seems silly. Just not an enjoyable experience without a beer.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Pussy
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Just imagine the best tasting wing in the world...plus a flame thrower down your throat...where's your sense of adventure...

...plus it wards off wvil evil spirits...like Talent...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Also, 12 wings in 5 minutes? One wing every 25 seconds? Come on. Too quick. At least allow 10 minutes.

so, in short: keep the gift card, gimme a beer, and a bit more time, and I would try them.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Fair enough. Maybe I'll back it to 10 minutes...but no free beer for you...unless you wear a 1972 Orange Bowl shirt...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 3>2.

Comment

• Prick
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  AA- How susceptible to flooding is the Mobile Bay area? This hurricane seems like it'll be a bitch

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/gra...l?ero#contents
                  When I was running the station at Daupin Island, we had one of our 41' boats up on blocks in Bayou LeBatre (just south of Mobile) during Katrina. It was held in place with four 12,500 lb buoy sinkers. We found it about a mile away in a lady's front yard. Shit was piled up pretty bad at the base at Brookley Field in downtown Mobile.

I think it is going to be a mess.

I live in Spanish Fort on the East Side of the bay, north of I-10 about a half mile from the water. Spanish Fort is on a bluff. We are not evacuating.

11898650_10206248285638118_5659181221325349546_n.jpg
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Damn

I saw some footage from a marina in Orange Beach and the waves there looked like they were already getting rough with it 100 miles out and moving at a crawl

Comment

• Right now they're saying 6-9 foot surge from ocean Springs, MS to Dauphin Island and in Mobile Bay. More like 4-7 foot surge for the rest of Mississippi and the Orange Beach/Gulf Shores area.

The entire Mobile Bay area over to east of Pensacola is going to get hit with far more rain than most of Mississippi though. Over 15 inches possible

Comment

• It’s gonna be a mess.

Comment

• The farther east it shifts, the better it will be for Mobile and Mobile Bay. It is looking more like the eye will pass over Mobile or even farther east over Baldwin County (east side of the bay) That would be good news for this area but bad news for Pensacola.

One of the problems is the speed of advance. It is only moving at about 2 mph right now. Even as a minor hurricane, sustained winds of 80+ mph for hours will cause significant damage. There is no doubt that it is going to be a major water event. Even away from the coast, their is a possibility of up to two feet of rain

On another note, I am glad that I am no longer in the Coast Guard and don't have to prepare and respond to this shit. It is nice to only have to worry about my home and family.
                          Last edited by CGVT; September 15, 2020, 10:23 AM.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• On another note, I am glad that I am no longer in the Coast Guard and don't have to prepare and respond to this shit.
                            Been there, done that. CG Group Cape May for almost 2 years after boot camp. Went to Yeoman School in Cally for 5 months then came back to CGAS Brooklyn, now closed.

Boot camp company Yankee 22. Spent a week on sick call in February '74 due to the Cape May Crud. Fun times.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Wherever Sally lands, it's going to produce catastrophic flood and wind damage along the coast up to 60 miles east or west of it. Until it dies out and gets swept NE by the prevailing jets, it's track over land will produce hellacious wind and flood damage.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                                Wherever Sally lands, it's going to produce catastrophic flood and wind damage along the coast up to 60 miles east or west of it. Until it dies out and gets swept NE by the prevailing jets, it's track over land will produce hellacious wind and flood damage.
                                My brother and his wife chose this week to vacation at a beach house in Destin, Florida. I don't think they've had any sunshine yet. They leave Saturday to come back north, and will likely be driving smack thru the remains of Sally.

I told him he should have came to the mitten .. but nooooooo......
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X