Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Breyer retiring.

Comment

• Fortunately, it won’t change the makeup of the court.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Well, I think you can view it for yourself, as presented by your preferred news site. I don't think he is capable of sarcasm.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...k-in-politics/

"no, it's a great asset, inflation..." He has implied this in other discussions of economic policy.
          I didn't watch or see the remark in question, but the notion that inflation is good has been floated by the administration's toadies on multiple occasions, including here in this forum. That would explain why sarcasm isn't obvious, if it was sarcasm.

Comment

• Detecting obvious sarcasm is obviously not Da Geezers strong point.

Good Lord, man. Maybe yous should take a cognitive test.

You know,Person, woman, man, camera, TV
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• This has to make at least the tenth time now that the CDC has admitted to something that would have gotten you banned from social media for saying a few months prior...

Natural immunity was six times stronger during the delta wave than vaccination, according to a new report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

CDC: Natural immunity stronger than vaccines alone during delta wave

Comment

• Trouble for Matt Gaetz may be growing. There reportedly are now TWO witnesses, sleazy though they may be, that have told the Feds that Gaetz is aware he paid for sex with an underage girl in 2017. And last week one of Gaetz's ex-girlfriends was given immunity in exchange for grand jury testimony. What she told them is still unknown but is believed to cover a 2018 trip to the Bahamas that Gaetz took with her and two other women, one of whom may have been the same underage girl he had previously slept with.

One of the key interactions Joel Greenberg claims to have had with Matt Gaetz is a phone call informing Gaetz that they’d been sleeping with a minor. Someone witnessed the call.

Comment

• Two names I've heard the most this afternoon to replace Breyer are Ketanji Brown Jackson (currently in the DC Court of Appeals) and Michelle Childs (currently a federal district judge in South Carolina). Either would probably get at least a couple Republican votes since both got some when they were first federally appointed. Childs could probably get more -- Lindsey Graham practically gushed over her when she was confirmed in 2010. Jackson is slightly younger and a little more liberal. Jim Clyburn is reportedly pushing Childs hard.

Comment

• From District Court to the Supremes!
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      From District Court to the Supremes!
                      Jackson wouldn't be much different I guess. She only moved up to the DC Circuit last year.

You got me real curious about who might've been the last person to make that jump, though. I know Kagan had never even been a judge before but she had argued in front of the SC a bunch of times (and won like 75% of her cases).

At the start of 1990 Souter was just an Associate Judge on the New Hampshire Supreme Court and by the end of the year he was one of the Supremes.

Comment

• Huh. Interesting.

Sandra Day O'Connor had never been a Federal Judge. She was an Arizona state judge and politician. She got the nod because Reagan wanted to do Barry Goldwater a favor and because during the 1980 campaign Reagan had promised to put the first woman on the Supreme Court.

EDIT: Here's an old archived 1981 NYT story. A number of Religious Right Senators like Jesse Helms grumbled loudly but backed down when Goldwater stood up for her. She ended up being confirmed 99-0

https://www.nytimes.com/1981/07/10/u...-back-off.html
                        Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; January 26, 2022, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• STFU
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The CDC's admission that natural immunity is massively more effective than the vaccines is a massive bombshell and a stunning reversal of what they have been saying for months. Every single vaccine mandate program that does not take into account natural immunity is both scientifically wrong and stupid. This is pants-on-head obvious and it has been that way for some time, but Dr. Fauci and the rest of the "Science" folks have been publicly denying it. Social media companies have been removing any posts that make this argument because they claim that it is "disinformation". Many well publicized objections to vaccination have been made by people who were infected with Covid-19 and achieved natural immunity. Novak Djokovic was banned from the Australian Open by the "Science" people and he made this very argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              Huh. Interesting.

Sandra Day O'Connor had never been a Federal Judge. She was an Arizona state judge and politician. She got the nod because Reagan wanted to do Barry Goldwater a favor and because during the 1980 campaign Reagan had promised to put the first woman on the Supreme Court.

EDIT: Here's an old archived 1981 NYT story. A number of Religious Right Senators like Jesse Helms grumbled loudly but backed down when Goldwater stood up for her. She ended up being confirmed 99-0

https://www.nytimes.com/1981/07/10/u...-back-off.html
                              Next to supporting Simpson-Mazzoli, Sandra Day was probably Reagan's greatest fuckup. He thought that he could win points with the Progressive crowd by appointing the first woman.

Comment

• Thank goodness the Dems will finally get to place another justice on the USSC.

I'm very disappointed that AOC is not being considered. The Court needs highly intelligent and masters of the law sitting on the Court, and her talents should not be wasted.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X