X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

"Fuck you! Fuck you! And fuck you too!" "We need to come together"

Ha!
    Although, to be fair, this is pretty much the message from the left as well.

Comment

• And fuck him for for this, too (shitty meme, but you get the point)

when-you-hear-the-start-of-werewolves-of-london-but-then-it-turns-in-to-kid-rock-314059-1.jpg
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• "The mRNA COVID vaccines need to be withdrawn from the market. No one should get them. No one should get boosted. No one should get double boosted. They are a dangerous and ineffective product at this point."
        I don't think I need to tell anyone here this is not an accurate characterization of mRNA vaccines but it is not incorrect to state that "COVID IS SPIKING IN THE MOST VACCINATED COUNTRIES."

If you're interested, there's a reason for that. More specifically it is willfully misleading to characterize mRNA vaccines as failures v. SARS2. Start with this basic concept: Vaccines that have been developed for every pathogen known to mankind, where it is possible to do so, have only eradicated one - Small Pox in 1952/53. The rest, and the list is long and includes SARS2, still crop up now and then (outbreaks) with the most likely reason for that being a drop in childhood vaccination rates for a targeted virus.

Influenza A and B, a virus that can cause serious illness and death in over 65s along with bacterial pneumonia (p. Pneumoniae) can be rendered less deadly by annual, in the case of Flu or once in a lifetime, in the case of pneumonia, vaccination. Each year flu vaccines are modified to deal with new strains. IOW, viruses, even those where vaccines are available to blunt their PH impact on the vulnerable, still hang out and still can cause illness and death. At the same time, we don't characterize the vaccines that render those viruses less deadly as "failures." Doing so is just stupid and people that do that should be called out.

One of the things we've learned about viruses, not previously well understood by the lay public, is that every virus behaves somewhat predictably when it comes to preserving it's viability - viruses are life forms that don't want to die. By modifying their survival techniques (that is complicated) they work to preserve themselves. SARS2 is doing that and while current vaccines remain effective in producing human AB responses that kill said virus for every known SARS2 variant to date, they lose effectiveness in doing that as SARS2 mutates to preserve itself. Like Flu vaccines, vaccines targeted at SARS2 need to be modified to regain effectiveness. Not new news, people.

What is new is that SARS2 is the most infectious/transmissible virus so far encountered by the human race and because of that it is capable of mutating more rapidly than the others, surviving and continuing to promulgate itself. It's tough mo-fo to manage and get it under control. That fact makes it a global imperative to hasten a medical endpoint to prevent the continued availability of naïve and/or immunocompromised hosts for SARS 2 to mutate.

The good news is two fold: First, it looks like as the SARS2 virus mutates, it is becoming less impactful in terms of producing morbidity and mortality.* Second, the technology involved in mRNA vaccines allows them to be modified and produced at scale much faster than traditionally developed vaccines. IOW, the battle v. SARS2 very likely has the kind of medical end-point I've described before .......this is why it is so critically important to push positive messaging that encourages people to return to their normal routines, and drop the unreasonable fear of COVID that's developed over the last 2+ years of dealing with it. It is also why FOX should stop allowing itself to be used as a platform for people like the ass-hole appearing on it to push the kind of non-sense he's pushing. No matter that Tucker Carlson wanted to let him speak to shut him down. Lots of people won't hear that. They'll just think that idiot is right.

* Some epidemiologists are recognizing that because of the wide spread natural, vaccine induced and hybrid immunity to SARS2 data is now supporting that the morbidity and mortality of that virus and its variants is approaching that of Influenza A and B. You won't here that much.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I will call for unity here...if you'll all just STFU...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Steven A. Smith just recently got back to work. He was stricken with Covid and I hear he nearly escaped death.

He says if it weren't for his full Vax, he probably wouldn't have made it. That may be true but also, if the Vax is ineffective, couldn't you come to the same argument that you shouldnt have gotten that ill if fully vaxed.

Two sides of the same coin and two decisive viewpoints that I see no sign of lack of derision among the people.

Comment

• *sigh*
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

I don't think I need to tell anyone here this is not an accurate characterization of mRNA vaccines but it is not incorrect to state that "COVID IS SPIKING IN THE MOST VACCINATED COUNTRIES."
                I'm guessing the most vaccinated countries are also the most developed countries in the world and perform far more testing than 3rd world destinations like the Central African Republic. You can't die from covid or even with covid if you aren't testing for it in any way. And in other countries (*Cough* China *Cough*) can you trust that even basic mortality numbers are accurate?

Comment

• Originally posted by klondike View Post
                  Steven A. Smith just recently got back to work. He was stricken with Covid and I hear he nearly escaped death.

He says if it weren't for his full Vax, he probably wouldn't have made it. That may be true but also, if the Vax is ineffective, couldn't you come to the same argument that you shouldnt have gotten that ill if fully vaxed.

Two sides of the same coin and two decisive viewpoints that I see no sign of lack of derision among the people.
                  This doesn't have a simple answer. Functionally, you have two immunes systems, innate and adaptive. Vaccines stimulate each to produce ABs. Those produced by the adaptive immune system tend to wane over time. Those produced by the innate immune system don't wane. Complicating matters is that individuals don't mount the same level of immune response from exposure or vaccination. Consequently, how ill you become from an exposure, vaccinated or not, depends on your immunity (the status of your innate and adaptive immune systems) to the virus at the start of the exposure.

It is possible to measure the baseline status of your immune system before and after your first vaccination or exposure and subsequently over time but it is not considered clinically practical to do that. The SARS2 variant that Smith was exposed to managed to evade his level of neutralizing ABs produced by vaccination and infect his cells. What may have happened in his case is that he mounted a very strong immune response (or conversely none at all). It is that response that causes you to feel like shit (fever, body aches, runny nose, sore throat) and in some cases get seriously ill or succumb. Death is often a result of both the COVID infection overwhelming the body and shutting key functions down and what is called a cytokine storm - the immune systems response to the virus. Current medical management is by-in-large making cytokine storm much less deadly than it was earlier on. It may not kill you now but it can make you feel like you "nearly escaped death." As well blood chemistry that will be done if you get sick enough to need admission - markers of type and degree of illness - will demonstrate how sick you really were.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                    The good news is two fold: First, it looks like as the SARS2 virus mutates, it is becoming less impactful in terms of producing morbidity and mortality.* Second, the technology involved in mRNA vaccines allows them to be modified and produced at scale much faster than traditionally developed vaccines. IOW, the battle v. SARS2 very likely has the kind of medical end-point I've described before .......this is why it is so critically important to push positive messaging that encourages people to return to their normal routines, and drop the unreasonable fear of COVID that's developed over the last 2+ years of dealing with it.

That is an extremely important message to convey, but it remains that SOME people will have, in some cases temporarily like myself, a deadly reaction to the infection. Situational, common sense precautions should not be mocked or ridiculed as the under 60 IQ set tends to broad brush that abuse to anyone being careful for any reason. Today the US population is ~63% vaccinated, we wouldn't be having this conversation and wouldn't be in this economic situation if 99% of the pop had gotten vaccinated as soon as the vaccine were available. The responsibility of the unreasonable statements and beliefs that we see today on both sides falls squarely into the lap of the anti-vaxxer/anti-mask crowd.
                    Last edited by Obi-Jon; January 26, 2022, 10:43 AM.
                    I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

He was clearly being sarcastic. "No that's a great asset [for the midterms]. More inflation. What a stupid son of a bitch".
                      Well, I think you can view it for yourself, as presented by your preferred news site. I don't think he is capable of sarcasm.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...k-in-politics/

"no, it's a great asset, inflation..." He has implied this in other discussions of economic policy.
                      Last edited by Da Geezer; January 26, 2022, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• 87% of eligible folks have received at least one shot. 99% of of people over 65 have received 1 shot.

The Fear Monkeys have driven mostly nonsensical Covid policy for well over 18 months now, and they're getting upset when rational people want to get on with things and stop living their lives as if they're 80 years old with 6 comorbidities.

And the Fear Monkeys will go after anyone who dares to say the fucking obivous -- (a) being vaxxed and getting Covid is, at worst, akin the flu w/o the risks to children; and (b) the vax is available to almost everyone.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• he had to know that mike was still on

or he is trending into the no filter stage of moderate dementia

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                            he had to know that mike was still on

or he is trending into the no filter stage of moderate dementia
                            Or he's just a stupid son of a bitch.

Comment

• Well, it's impossible to rule that out.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                87% of eligible folks have received at least one shot. 99% of of people over 65 have received 1 shot.

The Fear Monkeys have driven mostly nonsensical Covid policy for well over 18 months now, and they're getting upset when rational people want to get on with things and stop living their lives as if they're 80 years old with 6 comorbidities.

And the Fear Monkeys will go after anyone who dares to say the fucking obivous -- (a) being vaxxed and getting Covid is, at worst, akin the flu w/o the risks to children; and (b) the vax is available to almost everyone.
                                I don't think there is any question that at least within the wealthy western democracies, notably in the US and most countries in western Europe, there is enough immunity of all types to shit-can PHEs.

Aside from rampant inflation that's not going to be calmed for a while, dumping the PHE in the US should be of the highest priority with the potential for immediate economic pay-offs ........ as long as eliminating the PHE is accompanied by the kind of positive messaging required to end the fear factor and get people moving and spending in the service sector of the economy. That will end this fucker and has the potential to reduce inflationary pressures as I described yesterday, by shifting spending from the capitol goods sector to the service sector of the US economy.

Look, WHO's Tedros can go to hell. I get not enough people in some of the poorest parts of the world are vaccinated. Yes, that leaves a lot of naïve humans to get infected and provide bodies for the virus to mutate within. Variants may emerge. That's a risk I'm willing to take to get the planet back on the move and upright. It is restoring pre-COVID pandemic productivity and economic activity that will produce the money that's needed to vaccinate the rest of the world.

Tedros, with his meekly mouthed COVID fear mongering is a primary cause for the poverty he clams is keeping the poor from getting vaxed. Nonsense. It's no work, no pay, no taxes to be gathered by governments that's preventing those governments from buying and distributing vaccines to impoverished citizens.

Comment

Working...
                                X