No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP is an empty suit, but he’s a good politician.

I’m not sure where the Ds are or where they go when they win. I think it’ll be very left, which means you’re right.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      MP is an empty suit, but he’s a good politician.

I’m not sure where the Ds are or where they go when they win. I think it’ll be very left, which means you’re right.
      If progressives get anything it will be because they will have ripped it out of the Biden administration mouth. Biden won the primary without progressive support. Bernie Sanders and progressives basically bent the knee right away and the Biden people will have won the general election without giving the progressive wing (which seems to be around 30+% of the base) anything.

Sen Harris is LOVED by the Wall Street crowd. This is a realignment of the Democratic to being the party of people that love Identity/culture war politics, the suburbs and African-Americans. The working class is being left behind/assumed they are going to vote Dem if they vote because they are a lesser evil than republicans.

The thing that the Democrats (most of them on the national level) don't understand about progressives is this. Progressives don't care about the color or gender of a person. What they care about is where the politician stands on the issues and if they will fight for those positions.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• (The 10th) President John Tyler's grandson passed away last month. It bogles the mind to think that until very recently somebody could truthfully say "My grandpa knew Thomas Jefferson".

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Did Tyler own slaves? Asking for a friend.

Comment

• Is that relevant? (who cares)

300 or so over his lifetime. Interestingly, he came to wanting the institution to be abolished in his native Virginia. He advocated the admission of Missouri as a slave state thinking slaves and masters+families would immigrate west, making it easier politically to attempt abolition in Virginia. Voting for to help against, once was for now against.
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Sarcasm, Jon.. sarcasm.

Apparently, he STILL has another living, 92 year old, grandson

Comment

• Its not that Tyler was an abolitionist in the traditional sense of the word. He does give an insight into the mindset of the times. You can oppose slavery as wrong but still not see, or at least minimize, the human cost. "Nothing wrong with providing incentives to move people and property somewhere else to help make this place a no slave zone. I'm all about Virginia - if you want slavery, fine, take it somewhere else."

Comment

• I know it was sarcasm. I just enjoy backstories.

Comment

• Yeah backstories are great- especially when they shed light on Chapters that aren’t particularly well known. The period between the War of 1812 and the prelude to the Civil War, with the exception of the character of Andrew Jackson, is largely forgotten. I actually had to Wikipedia Tyler to find out about him.

Would rather spend my Saturday morning with a “coffee” and donut at a tailgate, though..

Comment

• Write this down to remember for election night viewing. Could be one of the best hints for how the night will go without needing to stay up late. Florida counts its mail-in ballots in advance so as soon as the polls close the results should pop up

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        Write this down to remember for election night viewing. Could be one of the best hints for how the night will go without needing to stay up late. Florida counts its mail-in ballots in advance so as soon as the polls close the results should pop up

This is spot on ...... FL will point to the general election outcome early on the evening of November third. The rest of the election night hyperventilating of the mainstream broadcasters will be for add revenue. Clicks for social media.

There was an article in the Friday edition of the Sun Sentinel that would have been pay-walled so didn't link it. It was written after the author interviewed a prominent Hispanic politician in Miami who was asked about the media's claim that Trump was enjoying a significant advantage among FL's Hispanic population. When asked why this was so, he responded, "it isn't about Trump who is roundly disliked. Instead it's about the fear of a D dominated America that already has indications of a break down in law and order within D administered cities." There's a hold your nose and vote for Trump or abstain. Abstentions among Hispanics will hurt Trump in FL more than help him. Damage to Biden from that is minimal. Hispanics are actually on the fence leaning to Biden.

Already pointed out here is the conservative senior citizen vote in FL. Heavily supported Trump in 2016 have vocally distanced themselves from Trump and see Biden as a genuinely nice guy with low risk of implementing leftist, progressive policies (the talent position that checks and balances will restrain that not producing the doomsday scenario of Hannibal or Linesman). A huge portion of this cohort has already voted. I can't quote the % but I know it's > 30%.

IOW, we'll know the outcome of the presidential election around 9pm on November 3rd when the FL vote is around 60% in. Caveat, there is already criticism of handling of early voting ballots.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'm a bit curious about this.

Serious poll question for all the participants here. I promise I won't make any snarky remarks to your responses.

How many here believe that when Joe Biden is elected, that he will serve a full 4 year term?

And an optional secondary question for Biden supporters is:

Are you as comfortable with Kamala Harris as President, as you would be for Biden?

Again, you don't have to answer any of this, I'm just curious as to what the thought is behind the votes.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• On the first question, it's a matter of speculation that is too far out to be of concern to me. The immediate concern is to soften the polarization of Americans. I place an effort to do that ahead of worrying about a leftist agenda - something I am more in talent's camp than yours. I think Joe Biden is a genuinely nice guy with political savvy to boot. Right guy at the right time for the presidency.

Second question: If Biden dies in office, she will be limited much like Johnson was in his first term after the Kennedy assassination. If she is subsequently elected, that could be a different ball game. I'll worry about that when the time comes for worrying about it.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Yes, he will serve a full term. No, I would not be as comfortable with Harris as president.

I suppose he could drop dead but the idea of him resigning to as a way to play kingmaker and install Harris as president is pure fantasyland poppycock.

Comment

• Biden will be gone in less than two years. His lone job is to get Donald Trump oit of the White House.

Comment

Working...
                                X