No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heck, Lisa Murkowski just this afternoon gave an interview (before the death was announced obviously) saying the election should decide any vacancy. Tough to walk that back with a "sike" and I wouldn''t expect her to. She's reasonably principled.

I wouldn't expect Collins or Romney to be okay with replacing her RIGHT NOW either.

And that means if just one more Republican is against it there's no chance. Cory Gardner? Tillis? Do they want to embrace scorched earth politics right now? Doubt it. And there's probably at least another two dozen Republicans who would have huge misgivings about trying to ram a nomination through. Thune, Portman, Graham, Toomey...

Comment

• McConnell just released a statement saying he'll push forward a vote on any Trump nomination to replace her.

Comment

• Trump would be best off to nominate another Roberts. Someone that might swing 3-4 Dems to vote for them. At least he'd have someone that would rule the right way about 50% of the time. Then, if he wins, he can probably add another 1-2 more that are more to his liking. Preferably a couple Gorsuch clones.

When Joe wins, he isn't going to be allowed to nominate anyone even rumored to be 'centrist'. All he will be allowed to nominate will be hard left.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          McConnell just released a statement saying he'll push forward a vote on any Trump nomination to replace her.
          Hypocritical fuckstick
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            McConnell just released a statement saying he'll push forward a vote on any Trump nomination to replace her.
            Pushing forward a nomination isn't confirmation. The Senate Romney faction won't let it happen. They think they can appease the Democrats into nominating someone from the "center" when Joe takes over. Its completely laughable of course, but they are probably convinced that the Neville Chamberlain approach will still work.

Any nomination by Trump at this point will make the Kavanaugh hearings look like a Sunday School picnic in South Carolina.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Pushing forward a nomination isn't confirmation. The Senate Romney faction won't let it happen. They think they can appease the Democrats into nominating someone from the "center" when Joe takes over. Its completely laughable of course, but they are probably convinced that the Neville Chamberlain approach will still work.

Any nomination by Trump at this point will make the Kavanaugh hearings look like a Sunday School picnic in South Carolina.
              That may be true, but it doesn't make McConnell any less of a hypocritical fuckstick
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Hypocritical fuckstick
                Notice he doesn't commit to holding that vote before the election. He wants this as added incentive to juice the base. Although I'm not sure who was planning to sit this election out but will now vote on this news alone.

Seen several say the smartest play is to hold a vote in the lameduck period. If the Republicans still hold the Senate after Election Day then fine, no one can complain too much.

But if they do lose the Senate AND Biden wins and still try to ram through a nominee? There will be hell to pay for the minority Senate party in 2021.

Worst argument from disingenuous Republicans out there? "Oh we need a full Supreme Court to resolve election disputes". That didn't seem to matter in 2016 for some reason.

Comment

• Disingenuousness is not a malady that is exclusive to the Republican party. There is plenty being shown amongst Dems as well.

In January, it will be full speed ahead as they display their own brand of the malady, unchecked.

Comment

• You’re wrong. Rs are the only ones who are disingenuous and hypocritical.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'll be writing to my President, Mr. Donald J. Trump, to tell him that Senator Rafael "Ted" Cruz is the best choice out there and has unanimous support in the Senate and his nomination would result in an easy confirmation, with time to spare, before Election Day

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        You’re wrong. Rs are the only ones who are disingenuous and hypocritical.
                        Hanni nails your boy Kavanaugh as a total cuck and this is the best retort you got? To come after me? Shameful. This is like Dave Rickart circa 2006 material.

Comment

• A different time. You know who suggested RBG to Clinton (who had never heard of her)?

Orrin Hatch

Comment

• My knowledge of RGB is based on the movie by that same name that I watched not too long ago. By that account she was a pretty impressive jourist and women. She lived a full life and the big C finally got her. Hate that ..... but there is some good to come out of this. The news cycle for the next 7-10d will be filled with all the different takes on her and the implications of her passing to SCOTUS. That will water down the media's negative COVID narrative that is already suffering fatigue syndrome. Maybe we'll emerge from the Ginsburg driven news in a week or so and find out that the CFR is still miniscule, case numbers are dropping precipitously and with no one paying attention, the CDC will drop it's no-sail-order from US ports and I can go on the 5n cruise over the New Years holiday I booked in April and hasn't been cancelled yet. Woot.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• RBG was Cornell class of '54

Please watch all 20 minutes of this informative video. She makes a guest appearance plugging for Prof Nabokov.

Comment

• Boy, this made me realize...Sandra Day O’Connor is still alive. But reportedly wheelchair bound and suffering from Alzheimer’s. She’s been gone from the court for almost 15 years now, which seems forever ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X