No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Aaaaaand they’re done. I would think the earlier the jury returns a verdict, the worse the outcome for Chauvin and vice versa."

My experience has been the opposite (look at the O.J. verdict) When I did criminal defense work, my quickest verdict was an acquittal in six minutes.

Oh and Mike apparently I was wrong about the significance of the 98% oxygen evidence

Comment

• I just got my second shot. I don't give a fuck if anyone else gets it. I'm vaccinated (in two weeks, I guess). For anyone else, they can get it or run whatever risk they face -- in most cases EXCEEDINGLY SMALL.

What "religious belief" can justify a parent's decision to refuse to vaccinate a child against polio?
      Any. ANY. So long as it's sincerely held. Religion ain't rational. I think almost every state except 5 or 6 provides for some sort of religious exemption and allows parents to make decisions wrt children (instead of the State).
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• My experience has been the opposite (look at the O.J. verdict) When I did criminal defense work, my quickest verdict was an acquittal in six minutes.
        JFC. Did the jury flip off the prosecutor for good measure? That's amazing.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Thanks for the perspective. I forgot about the quick acquittal of O.J. I have a feeling this jury will be out for a long time. Can they deliver a verdict on one or two counts and be hung on the other(s)? And if so, can you retry the defendant on the other charges?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

JFC. Did the jury flip off the prosecutor for good measure? That's amazing.
            They did but I didn't take much offense because I didn't know what the fuck I was doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
              What "religious belief" can justify a parent's decision to refuse to vaccinate a child against polio?
              I guess you don't know a lot about evangelical Christians. My parents were not alone in their belief. When the kids left the classroom to go down the hall to get their shots, I was not left alone in the classroom. I had several other classmates with me whose parents felt the same way.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• You’re all insufferable gasbags. No offense meant, of course.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• My question is what "religious belief" supports not vaccinating your child, not what religious group condones such nonsense.

Comment

• well nice touch by biden calling the floyd family and rendering an opinion about the verdict while its still in deliberation

what an idiot

FTR i guess that 98% was a part of the defenses final argument

Comment

• if they dont find him guily of murder now you have the CINC remarks throwing more gasoline on an already volitale situation

Comment

• Jury's done. Verdict coming the next hour or so

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                          well nice touch by biden calling the floyd family and rendering an opinion about the verdict while its still in deliberation

what an idiot
                          I have no doubt, whatsoever, that Biden asked "Which one's Pink?" when he called.

Comment

• They'll find him guilty.

Comment

• #IMPENDINGDOOM

RzPzxoX171.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                                well nice touch by biden calling the floyd family and rendering an opinion about the verdict while its still in deliberation

what an idiot

FTR i guess that 98% was a part of the defenses final argument
                                The more that fools like Chairman Joe and Maxine Waters shoot off their big mouths about what they think the verdict should be, the more cause for appeals they give Chauvin.

These people are supposed to stand for the rule of law. Everything they are doing shows that they do not.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X