No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually agree with that. At least COVD-related metrics. I don’t know economic metrics and relative performance off top of my head.

I think 99% of people over 65 have at least 1 shot in Florida.

The potential upside of this “surge” is that maybe it drives more vaccinations. Probably seeing small upticks.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The bigger key is getting the globe vaccinated, the chances for a worse mutation to evolve I think come from those countries that are have low vaccination rates.

Comment

• Vaccinated with a proper, effective vaccine.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

And Florida’s vaccination rate isn’t particularly low. Like 50%, which I think is pretty average. So, it’s not exactly a clear cause and effect.

I reiterate—if you don’t want to get vaccinated then enjoy COVID. Fuck if I care.
          Already had rona...why the fuck would I get jabbed now?
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• That's certainly a reasonable position (IMO).

Comment

• LA County's mask mandate limits growth of outbreak to 4X in one month! https://www.sfgate.com/coronavirus/a...n-16377379.php

Comment

• I had Covid and I had the vaccination. Recommended by my physician after doing an antibody level which wasn’t that impressive. Data seems to support getting the vaccine even after having Covid.

I saw no reason not to get it and I felt shitty enough with my “mild symptoms” Covid to not want it again. And when boosters are out, I’ll get one of those, too, because I believe in the efficacy of the Trump Vaccine.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Kyle Smith examining the irrational rage of The Left: https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...al-covid-rage/

It’s as if all of these vaccinated people who are incensed with unvaccinated people for not understanding the importance of vaccines have themselves forgotten that the reason vaccines are important is that they work.
                  And

But if you can’t handle a situation that’s 99.99 percent safe, that’s your problem, not the nation’s.
                  Again, per the CDC -- Chairman Big Rig's CDC, the chance for a breakthrough serious case of COVID if you're vaccinated is LESS than .01% (https://www.axios.com/chart-vaccinat...00947a90.html_)

Now, that may be slightly higher today. I'm not sure on how effective the vaccine is toward the end of its life cycle (fortunately, the FDA will approve Moderna's Delta Variant Booster in, you know, 6-8 months...lol). So maye those numbers will go up 10X....to 0.1%.

Me, you give me 9,999 out 10,0000 or, hell, even a mere 999 out of 1000 chance, then I'm Smarty Jonesing that motherfucker to retirement! I'll get my booster when they finally say get boosters, and I'll remain remarkably safe. And remarkably unmad at people who are comfortable accepting the risks posed by free-balling it.
                  Last edited by iam416; August 12, 2021, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• Fifteen days to flatten the curve

Wear your mask and this will all be over

Get the jab and this will all be over

Wear your mask again and this will all be over <-------------------- (You are here.)

Get a booster jab and this will all be over

Wear your mask again to stop the spread of the omega variant and this will all be over.

Fifteen years to flatten the curve, we're almost there.

Get your 2035 booster jab, and this will all be over.

Let us implement one world government, force the jab into everybody, and wear the mask for the rest of your life and this will all be over.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; August 12, 2021, 07:28 AM.

Comment

• Politcally speaking, this has already pretty much resolved itself into a free will decision. At least in most places.

Just as I can't really see why vaccinated folks are upset with the unvaccinated, I can't really understand why anyone would be pissed that the new recommendation is get a booster shot. In fact, that was was 100% forseen. We knew the first shots wouldn't last that long.

So, whatever. The rage on either side is exhausting.
                      Last edited by iam416; August 12, 2021, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• My body my choice...right Progs?
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I'm starting a movement...calling it FTS...

FUCK THIS SHIT.

Fuck Biden. Fuck the left. Fuck Academia. Fuck Fauci. Fuck the left wing media. Fuck all y'all.

#FTS
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Does that include Frosty?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              Politcally speaking, this has already pretty much resolved itself into a free will decision. At least in most places.

Just as I can't really see why vaccinated folks are upset with the unvaccinated, I can't really understand why anyone would be pissed that the new recommendation is get a booster shot. In fact, that was was 100% forseen. We knew the first shots wouldn't last that long.

So, whatever. The rage on either side is exhausting.
                              The recommendation of the booster shot doesn't bother me. It's the neverending move of the goalposts to get out of emergency mode.

Comment

• The only thing that bothers me is the relentless "Narrative of Fear". It's so bad that even Chairman Big Rig complained about it. No shit, dude. No shit.

The goalposts move when (a) facts on the ground change; and (b) people are afraid. We can't do much about (a) --- I mean, something like 60% of adults are vaccinated and we're still experiencing a surge. We can do something about (b). Again, if you're fucking vaccinated you have no rational reason to be afraid. If you're not, then you've made you're peace with whatever risk you think you're facing.

But, the brazen Narrative of Fear is the thing that I find not only annoying, but destructive.

Comment

Working...
                                X