Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Supremacy in Chicago:

73 shot over the weekend, 11 fatally. Including a cop who was murdered doing a traffic stop and her partner, who is in critical condition.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      What they don’t seem to get, besides the idiocy of the argument, is by removing the rock, they give power to the moron “reporter” who penned his article a century back. The magical power to make a rock racist. This long-dead writer’s word he called the rock was the subject of meetings and teeth-gnashing and once determined that the rock was now racist, it resulted in a formal appeal to the university that sent a team of workers to dig up and remove the rock so these delicate beings can proudly trumpet their good deed and let all know that there is no place for racist rocks at the University of Wisconsin campus.

And Shostakovich wept.
      Woke-ism is a religion and its deadly sins are not greed, wrath, sloth, etc, but various 20th Century inventions that end in "ism". And we are living in a theocracy. People need to realize this because you cannot combat religious fervor with facts and logic.

Comment

• And we are living in a theocracy. People need to realize this because you cannot combat religious fervor with facts and logic.
        You mean Southern Baptists and Lutherans aren't the real problem?
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• White people are the problem. And if you didn't vote for Mathematician Joe...you ain't black.

No go sit in the corner like a good little woke honkey...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• JIM CROW ON STEROIDS BABY!!
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              Norwegian Cruise lines temporarily won against Florida late last night. Federal judge grants an injunction against the "anti-vaccine passport" law

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/08/norw...dge-rules.html
              I'm not connected to the web well enough on the cruise ship to look as closely on this case as I did on FL v. Bacerra but I've read the judge in this case was reaching for law to hang her hat on and came up with the logic that the DeSantis ban infringed on NCL's 1A rights. Legal minds are questioning that. But Hanni's points on this resonate with me. If FL can't ban vaccine passports then CA shouldn't be able to impose ridiculous emission standards on auto makers it would seem. Anyway, FL will appeal the PI to the USCOA and it aint over till its over - now two tracks : the resolution of the legality of the PI and litigation of the case itself.

For now, this is a narrow ruling affecting only NCL and FL. NCL wants fully vaxed guests and has already announced they will not allow unvaxed kids under 12 sail. That's a big deal. RCL allows unvaxed kids, albeit restrictions apply, and apparently will continue that policy. The industry trend is to prefer 100% Vax rate among guests sailing from US ports as some destinations won't allow unvaxed to get off now and that's increasing. You can't travel or sail anywhere in Europe without being vaxed. Their Vax rules are much more uniform there and the EU has vaccine passports. Not everyone is happy about that.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The people who warned you that this was going to happen were laughed at.

"Papers Please"
                Last edited by Hannibal; August 9, 2021, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• EFZEFZEFZEFZ
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I was able to read this Barron's article even though they are usually pay-walled. A friend of mine who lives part time in MI and visits FL, asked me for my opinion on the FL "surge." He wants to visit FL but is concerned.

One of my bullets asked him to look at the travel and leisure sector of the US economy and ask if things are as bad as the hysterical media is making them out to be, would job growth and increased tourism be as strong as it is? I've remarked here that there is disconnect between facts on the ground, especially those where "follow the money" applies, and the media hysteria surrounding increased case numbers, deaths and hospitalizations. We all know the data. Most of it, as usual, reported out of context is misleading and has taken on a hefty political bias trending towards the need for increased government control.

Anyway, this article quotes a financial analyst's perspective on the pandemic and when the current increase in new cases will end. I find their take much more consistent with what we actually know about the SARS2 and it's trajectory.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Cuomo resigned.

Comment

• Killing senior citizens wasn't enough. He had to fondle 22 boobs to get ousted...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Well, at least one boob. And that will overshadow thousands of deaths.

Comment

• Get the vax and this will all go away

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                              Get the vax and this will all go away

https://tv.gab.com/channel/standonpr...022aa59dd65777
                              There's plenty of people who have already countered that guy's argument against vaccines. Here's a guy who generally agrees with some of the things he says, especially about kids, but comes after him hard on his anti-vaccine spiel and promotion of stuff that sounds like homeopathic bullshit to me (Covid can be treated with Vitamin D and Zinc tablets!). Very reasonable take on Dr. Dan

Also this

https://www.deplatformdisease.com/bl...l-stock-claims

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

There's plenty of people who have already countered that guy's argument against vaccines. Here's a guy who generally agrees with some of the things he says, especially about kids, but comes after him hard on his anti-vaccine spiel and promotion of stuff that sounds like homeopathic bullshit to me (Covid can be treated with Vitamin D and Zinc tablets!). Very reasonable take on Dr. Dan

Also this

https://www.deplatformdisease.com/bl...l-stock-claims
                                C1phCL7r.png

Comment

Working...
                                X