Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, RIP Markie Post and Bobby Bowden too

Comment

• Yeah as who will be the third one there? Bad things happen in twos, deaths come in threes they say. But in all seriousness RIP to them both!
      Memorial Day 2018!

Comment

• The University of Wisconsin removed a boulder dedicated to a University President almost a century ago. The rock, a 2 billion-year-old “rare specimen” was moved by glaciers from Canada to Wisconsin millions of years ago. The university president it was dedicated to (Thomas Crowder Chamberlain) was a geologist and did glacial research and I suppose a good man and administrator because after they took his rock they replaced it with a plaque.

Anyway. The reason it was removed? A reporter -one time- nearly 100 years ago called it “nigger rock” in an article so the students wanted it removed. Because someone calling this rock that name a century ago apparently makes the rock racist. Or something. Also, some deep sleuthing uncovered that the KKK was active on campus 100 years ago so that proves the rock is now racist and had to be removed. They also wanted Lincoln’s statue removed but college administrators deferred on that (at least for now).

This shit just lights my fuse.

The University of Wisconsin removed a controversial boulder from its Madison campus Friday after the Black Student Union and other activists objected to its description nearly 100 years ago with a racial slur.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Obama birthday event with hundreds of his best friends: Not a super spreader.

Lollopalooza in Chicago with thousands of participants: Not a super spreader

Sturgis Bike Rally in South Dakota with Republican Governor: SUPER SPREADER EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• About time you learned Prog Rules.

dumbass
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You're right, Wiz. You'd think I'd have learned by now..
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                The University of Wisconsin removed a boulder dedicated to a University President almost a century ago. The rock, a 2 billion-year-old “rare specimen” was moved by glaciers from Canada to Wisconsin millions of years ago. The university president it was dedicated to (Thomas Crowder Chamberlain) was a geologist and did glacial research and I suppose a good man and administrator because after they took his rock they replaced it with a plaque.

Anyway. The reason it was removed? A reporter -one time- nearly 100 years ago called it “nigger rock” in an article so the students wanted it removed. Because someone calling this rock that name a century ago apparently makes the rock racist. Or something. Also, some deep sleuthing uncovered that the KKK was active on campus 100 years ago so that proves the rock is now racist and had to be removed. They also wanted Lincoln’s statue removed but college administrators deferred on that (at least for now).

This shit just lights my fuse.

The University of Wisconsin removed a controversial boulder from its Madison campus Friday after the Black Student Union and other activists objected to its description nearly 100 years ago with a racial slur.
                That's the Left. It's a preposterous story, but no one on the Left has the nerve to actually tell these people they're fucking assclowns. So, they end up as the face of the Ds and the Left.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Norwegian Cruise lines temporarily won against Florida late last night. Federal judge grants an injunction against the "anti-vaccine passport" law

Comment

• And Cuomo's top aide resigned late last night too. The one mentioned a bajillion times in the report. If he wants the spectacle and humiliation of an impeachment, he's going to get it. This doesn't end well for him either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      Norwegian Cruise lines temporarily won against Florida late last night. Federal judge grants an injunction against the "anti-vaccine passport" law

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/08/norw...dge-rules.html
                      I don't really see what legal basis Norwegian has for this case. There is no violation of due process here if it's a law and not an EO. Their argument that they are just trying to protect their passengers is one that should have been made to the Legislature and not the courts. The law is the law. If it's a shitty law that is going to cost them millions of dollars then that's what it is. It's probably peanuts compared to the Low Carbon Fuel Standards Laws passed by California.

The only argument that I can think of is that the law unconstitutionally regulates interstate commerce. I actually think that's a very reasonable position to take, but I am not aware of that ever having worked before. If Florida can't pass an anti-vax passport law, then California shouldn't be able to pass LCFS laws that force companies to invest billions of dollars and send shock waves throughout the commodities markets around the country.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; August 9, 2021, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• I predict that Norwegian will win their case. They will either win it in Florida or win it in the USSC. I really don't see a legal basis for it, but that doesn't matter.

Comment

• While you are being forced to wear masks, the people forcing you to wear masks aren't wearing masks.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

That's the Left. It's a preposterous story, but no one on the Left has the nerve to actually tell these people they're fucking assclowns. So, they end up as the face of the Ds and the Left.
                            I mean it is just mind-blowing. An argument for its removal would have at least made sense if Chamberlin had been some racist of note or something of the sort.

No one, it seems, has the courage to stand up to idiocy if the idiocy is shrouded in wokeism. Asking them what other inanimate objects become racist and needs to be removed when called an epithet would be a start. Then begin calling all inanimate objects around them that name until they are surrounded by nothingness in a real life exhibition of reductio ad absurdum.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• "Now is a moment for all of us BIPOC students to breathe a sigh of relief, to be proud of our endurance, and to begin healing."

I can't imagine the amount of suffering they endured. Had to be rough. Maybe if they try a littler harder next time they can get that Lincoln statue down as well.

Comment

• What they don’t seem to get, besides the idiocy of the argument, is by removing the rock, they give power to the moron “reporter” who penned his article a century back. The magical power to make a rock racist. This long-dead writer’s word he called the rock was the subject of meetings and teeth-gnashing and once determined that the rock was now racist, it resulted in a formal appeal to the university that sent a team of workers to dig up and remove the rock so these delicate beings can proudly trumpet their good deed and let all know that there is no place for racist rocks at the University of Wisconsin campus.

And Shostakovich wept.

Comment

Working...
                                X