X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't hang my hat on Russia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
      .........Speaking of India, I'm guessing that's one of many examples of places where more people will legitimately die from this year's economic hardships than from Covid-19. Income shortages that lead to severe food and medicine shortages are going to kill lots of people outside of the first world this year.
      This is going to be a huge problem going forward for poor countries which will very likely become squalid reservoirs of COVID-19. I read an article earlier today about how various public health policy gurus are working out ways to help poor countries curb the Sars-COV-2 pandemic WITHOUT ANY of the means or resources that we, generally in western democracies, have been demanding for the last 6w and are now demanding be in place before any reopening occurs. The focus is on basic sanitation, teaching hygiene measures, making sure people have food and shelter and the like.

In poor countries, no such insistence on data, testing and tracing, phone apps for that purpose, sufficient hospital space, ICU beds, ventilators or isolation quarters are being made.The reality is that in the 3rd world we are going to get a very good picture of what COVID-19 will do, for all intent and purpose, completely unmitigated and without containment measures. Herd immunity will be the ultimate end of the virus, if it occurs, in these places. Lives cost in that process may or may not be particularly high but it's not likely to be a cake-walk.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• When you hear Europe is opening back up, while it may be, it's being opened with a shit-ton of caution and a lot of forethought. Sorry about the size. The link is here. It's a long article:

An Exit.PNG .
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The governor of Cali is giving corona relief money to illegal immigrants. JFC.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Last edited by iam416; April 16, 2020, 06:17 PM.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• 1 in 7 Americans are outta work. Giving illegals... just wow.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Heard about this driving home. It's not a cure but potentially very good news

A Chicago hospital treating severe Covid-19 patients with Gilead's remdesivir is seeing rapid recoveries in fever and respiratory symptoms, STAT has learned.

Comment

• It’s crazy stuff. And potentially disastrous too, as a chunk of these people may be so freaked out that they forgo getting a vaccine.

Comment

• I know in FB page of my county--I know one person posted that she would not any vaccine.
                    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Yeah as it all depends on the country now doesn't it?!
                      Memorial Day 2018!

Comment

• Trumpists Believe Bill Gates Is Using Coronavirus to Implant Brain Chips
                        https://www.thedailybeast.com
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Since the pandemic started the state of Florida has received 850,000 applications for unemployment.

They have only processed 34,000 of them. Which means none of the others have counted towards the jobless claims numbers thus far.

DeSantis has "reassigned" the guy in charge and criticized the bare bones system he inherited from Rick Scott.

Florida’s beleaguered state unemployment system processed only 33,623 of the estimated 850,000 applications it’s received since the coronavirus crisis began, the new director of the pro…

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I don't really blame DeSantis very much here. But it is what it is. And clearly the current jobless claim numbers are actually understating the problem.

Florida's numbers aren't made up by buttsore Dems. The state government itself released them and acknowledged that they have a very big problem in managing things right now. It's why DeSantis already fired the guy running the program.

Comment

• Only thing in the WH's "reopening" plan I question is why are big sporting events among the first tier of things to bring back?? That ought to be one of the last things I'd recommend bringing back. Unless they're talking about with no fans, but that's not the impression I took away.

Comment

Working...
                                X