Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    Do you serve barbecued Vienna sausages, wiz?
    Only for you big guy

xoxoxo
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• RE: "Dr." Phil and Oz...big EFZ.. Classic example of "I'm not a doctor but I play one on TV"
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Friday, April 17th, 2020. The day I apparently fell into a wormhole and landed in unimagineable spacetime where The Wizard provides useful and insightful information. This is probably a spacetime where M beats Ohio State, too. I don't l ike it. Not one bit.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• LOL.

STFU
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 6th best Thai food in Mississippi is sold out of a gas station just outside of Yazoo City. The Pork Rinds Pad Tie is not to be missed.

Comment

• Hey, everybody. Guess which one sector of the economy hasn't seen employment shrink!

(It's not health care)

Employment.png

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  6th best Thai food in Mississippi is sold out of a gas station just outside of Yazoo City. The Pork Rinds Pad Tie is not to be missed.
                  Thirded.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• That sounds pretty good.

Comment

• The linked article below goes into a lot of detail but it highlights the choices developing (or 3rd world) countries are having to make WRT keeping their economies going, pay checks flowing and exposing their work force to COVID infection.

In another month or so, we're going to have data from these regions on how such steps as operating at full capacity but isolating workers on job sites (this is without social distancing and without testing), is working out. There are other approaches being taken in these countries without the wealth or resources to worry about the shit we're not doing here that are allegedly costing lives.

While I often tend toward too much optimism, I think the outcomes in these countries are going to be much better than original models predicted globally, those models that are now 1-3 months old and predicted unimaginable catastrophe that are turning out to be trash.

Unfortunately, the headlines will ignore the benefits and successes achieved and instead cast them in terms like "explosive growth (of COVID)," and "completely uncontrolled" pandemic conditions and "shocking disregard for human live." Those will obscure the difficult risk/benefit analysis and rational, fact based rather than emotionally charged decisions from it that went into potentially saving these fragile economies from ruin and providing some level of financial well being to their citizens.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...edName=topNews.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The US Navy tested everyone the Theodore Roosevelt (4800). With roughly 94% of the crew tested, there are 600 positive results. Of those 600, approximately 60% are asymptomatic. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/co...ee/ar-BB12Jojz

I view this as good news for the population at whole and bad news for at risk folks. If the 60% number translates to the general population (and, admittedly -- this a hugely young population), then the 10X undercount may be right -- or even understated. That said, if you're at risk then there is now an increased chance that the young people you encounter are asymptomatic carriers.

Comment

• Well then, I'm going to start advocating for separate restaurant seating and bar space for over 65s - keep the younger crowd somewhere else.

Wiz, get on it.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Just got off a conference call with work. We will work primarily from home for the next six months. At least. Once the governors of our respective states (not the Grifter-in-Chief) lift the stay at home orders, the company will gradually allow personnel into the office on a staggered and intermittent basis, with restrictions. If testing is in place. Everything will change when a vaccine becomes available. So say the corporate masters.

I work for a $7B/yr multinational. Sales are down 80% for April so far here in North America. May expected to be roughly the same. Ouch. Salary has taken a pay cut and hourly are working 4 days a week, but no layoffs.

Stay at home x work from home = No Fun (squared).
                            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• This is completely out of left field but I found this article pretty neat. Here's a hobby for you codgers once the plague is past..

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A team of retirees that scours the remote ravines and windswept plains of the Pacific Northwest for long-forgotten pioneer orchards has rediscovered 10 apple varieties that were believed to be extinct — the largest number ever unearthed in a single season by the nonprofit Lost

Comment

Working...
                                X