Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You’re showing your age now.

Comment

• What I've learned is that 19 days of early voting is a THREAT TO DEMOCRACY but total Executive overreach is all good, motherfucker (as long as it's by Chairman Big Rig!)
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Nothing posted here, I think, on Chairman Big Rig extending the eviction moratorium -- something he knows is brazenly unconstitutional. However, it's worth noting -- it's hard to credit cries of "Democracy is in danger!" and so forth when the same people support unquestionably illegal power grabs by the Executive. It was, by the way, illegal when PDJT did it.
        The Supreme Court has ALREADY ruled that the actions of the Executive Branch (CDC) are unconstitutional. In early June, Kavanaugh wrote the opinion but gave the Executive until July 31 to pass a bill allowing it, or to not pass legislation in which case it became fully unconstitutional. Biden said in his news conference that he figured his actions were unconstitutional, but there were some lawyers who said it was constitutional. He said that the time taken for litigation would help tenants.

Andrew Jackson reacting to a SC decision against him said something on the order of "... well, now let's see the SC enforce its order". We are in that territory now. If you are a prog and do not believe in private property, all of this makes sense. It will be one issue used to pack the court.

What to do. A section 1983 claim under the Civil Rights Act of 1869 act would be best, IMO. It allows that the bureaucrat who unlawfully takes property to be personally responsible for damages. A regulatory takings claim for a partial taking could also work. But, at the end of the day, there has to be some holding that lawmaking by the executive bureaucracy is unconstitutional. Period. Justice Thomas has said as much. This type of silliness would never pass Congress.

Comment

• I've reported here on the CDC's attempt to regulate the cruise industry beyond it's congressionally authorized powers to do so. The federal judge hearing FL v. Bacerra et. al's request for a preliminary injunction against these actions absolutely schooled HHS/CDC on the separation of powers ruling that their action wrt the cruise industry were unconstitutional. He granted the PI and then suspended it giving the CDC to rewrite all their BS regs to comply with the law. Instead they appealed to the USCOA and got hammered again.

That was the PI appeal track. It's done with the CDC losing. The case will be litigated next week in Judge Merryday's Middle Court of FL. He's the judge that already ruled against the CDC. The CDC is going to get hammered again. Will that make any difference? I don't think it will. The usurpation of congressional powers by the executive is out of control. We live in a well established administrative state.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Where do we stand on Norwegian Cruise lines suing Florida & DeSantis because they WANT to impose a vaccine passport on their passengers and he won't let them?

Comment

• My bad, they are in federal court today

Comment

• You can actually watch live. There's a guy at one of the cruise blogs I follow watching it live and reporting. Thinks NCL's lawyers are weak. FL's legal team is really strong demonstrating that by hammering the HHS's/CDC's in their case. I have a shit intenet connection down here in Mexico.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• For anyone keeping up with the Cuomo stuff one of the accusers filed an actual criminal complaint yesterday in Albany County. Opens the possibility of him being arrested if there's evidence.

Comment

• why the fuck does the CDC have any say in evictions?

Comment

• J8EhYp9e.jpg

Comment

• Sorry for the Fox News link, but I couldn't find this story on a 'more reliable' outlet.

There may be a treatment for Covid by using a common cholesterol medication.

A drug meant to treat cholesterol was found to reduce coronavirus infection by 70% in lab studies, with researchers calling for additional clinical trials among hospitalized COVID-19 patients.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• And IMO,.. with each passing day, I'm more convinced that Cuomo survives his scandal, and finishes his term. There's a lot of 'harumph-ing' in his own party, but he seems to be immune to it.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Random thoughts:

1. Steak fajitas are delicious and proof they Heysus loves us and wants us to be happy.

2. Talent is the Luc Longley of this forum. He plays his part no matter how easily he could be replaced.

3. Ala-fucking-Bama will be good at the football again this year.

4. The Braves make me sad.

5. We should have listened to the Zimbabweans from the beginning.
                            Last edited by AlabamAlum; August 6, 2021, 01:42 PM.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Why are you still in the country?
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• STFU, Longley, and get a rebound for a change.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X