No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweden, a country without safety measures, will be an interesting epidemiological paper to read and compare and contrast to others.
    Sure will.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Interesting piece from The New Yorker:

We’ve counted the viral spread across peoples; now we need to count it within people.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• How's your wife holding out, froot loops?
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• She is doing OK working 70 hours a week. She is taking patients for some shifts and trying to get nurses and trainees up to speed that have never been on an ICU unit. Not having enough masks is an issue and caring for ICU patients in a non ICU floor is another issue. Putting all that equipment on is taxing, it limits your movement and is hot.

She got an email from a job site looking for nurses to go to Chicago for 94 dollars an hour with overtime. They would out you up in a hotel. If you went out to New York, it would be 5k a week.

Comment

• Italian media apparently did a spot in 2015 about the Chinese using native bats to produce novel coronavirus.

Five years ago, Italian state owned media Company, Rai – Radiotelevisione Italiana, exposed dark efforts by China on viruses. The video, which was broadcast in November, 2015, showed how Chinese scientists were doing biological experiments on a SARS connected virus believed to be Coronavirus, derived from bats and mice, asking whether it was worth the […]

An article from May 2019 about Chinese researching novel coronaviruses from bats.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• When it comes to nefarious, I won't ever undersell the Chinese. I doubt they created this shit and unleashed it, but if you told me that's exactly what happened I wouldn't be at all shocked. What it shows is what everyone knew -- these fucking bats were/are potentially -- extremely dangerous. And the other thing we fucking knew is that Chinese wet markete the exact venue to maximize that potential. This entire pandemic was not only predictable, but I think it was predicted -- a SARS-type virus would jump to humans through the wet markets and...welp...

And we're not even getting into the duplicity, mendacity and outright fucktwattery after the jump was made.

Fuck them. Fuck that fucking government.

Comment

• Attached Files
                Last edited by AlabamAlum; March 31, 2020, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    When it comes to nefarious, I won't ever undersell the Chinese. I doubt they created this shit and unleashed it, but if you told me that's exactly what happened I wouldn't be at all shocked. What it shows is what everyone knew -- these fucking bats were/are potentially -- extremely dangerous. And the other thing we fucking knew is that Chinese wet markete the exact venue to maximize that potential. This entire pandemic was not only predictable, but I think it was predicted -- a SARS-type virus would jump to humans through the wet markets and...welp...

And we're not even getting into the duplicity, mendacity and outright fucktwattery after the jump was made.

Fuck them. Fuck that fucking government.
                    Hey, at least they sold some hospital beds to NYC for $25,000 a piece for our sick. And they sent us some defective PPE ! We got that going for us.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I would also throw in the sale of defective tests and masks.

Comment

I would also throw in the sale of defective tests and masks.
                          It would be hilarious if those defective masks came from the US stockpile that we sent to them in Feburary.
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

It would be hilarious if those defective masks came from the US stockpile that we sent to them in Feburary.

Comment

I would also throw in the sale of defective tests and masks.
                              Good point. Make that #6 on my list. And <conspiracy theorist mode> if this was a deliberate act and you were wanting to cause harm by releasing a virus, selling defective masks and test kits would be some nice icing. </Conspiracy Theorist Mode>

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

Working...
                                X